Phantis Forums

PAO to go back to Leoforos

athinaios

This is the about the move to Leoforos.news article :)

I can't believe what I read. Is it true? I was of the opinion that we should have stayed in Leoforos until a new home was ready. For the league games, we don't draw fans more than what Leoforos can accommodate, so I thought it was a mistake to give up such a strong "edra." I don't understand why we left in the first place..... [yeah, I know stupid UEFA said it wasn't good for THEIR games... though I wonder what happens with other teams in poorer countries that have worst stadia]

I really don't understand how greek management thinks(?).... Leoforos is vely old indeed, but, hey, it is very special to all of us Panathes. Right?

Btw, I'm pissed off at the stupid games played about the new stadium. Enough already! Build the damn thing. Votanikos will have a FOOTBALL stadium so I don't get why PAO football club can't go ahead and sign the contract but "Erasitechnis" (another stupid name-description) has to sign too. I know it's because the latter has "rights" to Leoforos (another stupid arrangement IMO).

PS>Leoforos was NEVER the property of PAO (any entity). Always was owned by the city of Athens, but gave it to PAO to use "for as long as necessary." Use and owning are 2 diff. things.

What you guys think?

i love the Leoforos atmosphere & the games there have a tremendous atmospere..

I'd love to see the team there up until the stadium is finally built..

my only concern is & has been having in a sense 2 home fields. 1 for domestic & 1 for European play... Never liked that

just a question lads.. how much was paos average attendance at Leoforos?

how much is the average attendance at the OAKA?

I like OAKA better.. fits more fans for them all important derbies.. it looks more like a stadium.. although we have many memories at Leoforos it looks like an open cereal box.. we need to find ways to build our attendance at OAKA.. leoforos only holds around 18,000.. am i right? or is it less?

just a question lads.. how much was paos average attendance at Leoforos?

how much is the average attendance at the OAKA?

I like OAKA better.. fits more fans for them all important derbies.. it looks more like a stadium.. although we have many memories at Leoforos it looks like an open cereal box.. we need to find ways to build our attendance at OAKA.. leoforos only holds around 18,000.. am i right? or is it less?

http://clubs.phantis.com/sports/index.php?...?showtopic=5291

Well I think that's the point. If you draw under 10,000 per game (some times we draw a lot less than that) then OAKA is very cold. Leoforos even with 8,000 seems a lot different.... the fans very close to the field. You feel the big difference and I'm sure the players do too.

LEOFOROS IS THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!!! Great news!!!

we play better in leoforos, we have a better atmosphere, and also theres that one sxaras outside that sold some of the most amazing souvlaki/loukanika/kebab i have ever had.....

OAKA is too big.....being in Leoforos for the league will be great again!

PAO will only play League and Cup games at Leoforos. European games will be at the OAKA.

The reason of PAO returning is to stop paying rent for the OAKA and pressuring the goverment into getting the new stadium under way. The longer the new stadium takes, the longer PAO will hold onto the Leoforos Avenue patch which the government wants.

PAO will only play League and Cup games at Leoforos. European games will be at the OAKA.

The reason of PAO returning is to stop paying rent for the OAKA and pressuring the goverment into getting the new stadium under way. The longer the new stadium takes, the longer PAO will hold onto the Leoforos Avenue patch which the government wants.

I dont understand why Leoforo wasn't rebuilt on site? :blink:

I dont understand why Leoforo wasn't rebuilt on site? :blink:
I think you mean, "why don't they rebuild the Apostolos Nikolaidis?" It's because PAO can't get planning permission for a stadium for that size (30,000+). Due to the fact that space is limited and that there is no car park.

can somebody explain the importance of having a car park???

i understand media needs something but seriously - fans should NOT be taking cars to games, they should suck it up and take the metro like the whole world does, and be efficient. Im sure its a U-gayFA law for europe 'standards' to begin with...... if somebody wants to see a game they can take the metro or walk/taxi....why encourage things like traffic, pollution, and general waste of gas when its easier to be avoided by dissuading people from driving in the first place??? even for the new stadium, i hope the car park is for official use ONLY....screw people who waste important resources because they are too lazy to use public transportation...PAO is the pride of Greece lets continue to set examples off the field like this...

i understand media needs something but seriously - fans should NOT be taking cars to games, they should suck it up and take the metro like the whole world does, and be efficient. Im sure its a U-gayFA law for europe 'standards' to begin with......  if somebody wants to see a game they can take the metro or walk/taxi....why encourage things like traffic, pollution, and general waste of gas when its easier to be avoided by dissuading people from driving in the first place??? even for the new stadium, i hope the car park is for official use ONLY....screw people who waste important resources because they are too lazy to use public transportation...PAO is the pride of Greece lets continue to set examples off the field like this...

It's not only the car park.

The area really can't handle 30,000+ people. The street around Leoforos are very narrow and during match days the road is blocked off before and after games. You may have been able to do that 30 years ago but since then cars that drive by have doubled.

Aprt from that, PAE PAO wants to take advantage of stores because the ones available now belong to "Amateur" PAO.

It doesn't matter what you say at the end of the day some people are going to take their cars whilst others need them, someone disabled etc.

In addition to that, they are no facilities for women whilst the que's for the toiletes at half time are murder.

The Leoforos as is, is not fit for a club as big as PAO.

Aside from the technical issues and emotional attachment to the place, there is something very sad about our team celebrating its 100 years, while still playing in a 70 year old stadium. I can't wait for the new one.

The double-"anaplasis" of Leoforos and Votanikos was a stroke of genius, and I am proud that our team is the reason for this Athenian transformation.

i understand media needs something but seriously - fans should NOT be taking cars to games, they should suck it up and take the metro like the whole world does, and be efficient. Im sure its a U-gayFA law for europe 'standards' to begin with......  if somebody wants to see a game they can take the metro or walk/taxi....why encourage things like traffic, pollution, and general waste of gas when its easier to be avoided by dissuading people from driving in the first place??? even for the new stadium, i hope the car park is for official use ONLY....screw people who waste important resources because they are too lazy to use public transportation...PAO is the pride of Greece lets continue to set examples off the field like this...

It's not only the car park.

The area really can't handle 30,000+ people. The street around Leoforos are very narrow and during match days the road is blocked off before and after games. You may have been able to do that 30 years ago but since then cars that drive by have doubled.

Aprt from that, PAE PAO wants to take advantage of stores because the ones available now belong to "Amateur" PAO.

It doesn't matter what you say at the end of the day some people are going to take their cars whilst others need them, someone disabled etc.

In addition to that, they are no facilities for women whilst the que's for the toiletes at half time are murder.

The Leoforos as is, is not fit for a club as big as PAO.

i realize its not only the car park, but im saying the car park should not be an issue or reason for a stadium not to be renovated or for UEFA Champions League standards.

someone needs them yeah the media and official use......even the disabled have elevators on the metro lines and all the same acess as everybody else.

cyberfish - you say its sad playing the 100 years in a 70 year old stadium....what are you kidding that is old glory! our best moments and after 100 years we part with our home (granted the stadium is not 100 yrs old) thats emotional and although the stadium got a great last hurrah beating Gayros this would still be a great tribute....

and remember the European matches people talk of are only Champions League matches that cant be held there. UEFA Cup in Leoforos is allowed.

Archived