Phantis Forums

Question about Turkey's home ban

dark_horse

How many games are Turkey suspended from playing in there home soil? Was it 6? Or was it 4? :unsure:

The reason I ask is because Turkey plays at "home" to Norway on March 28th. The following day they play the remaining 3 "home" matches after March 28th. Greece plays against Turkey (again) on October 17th.

Dont worry i am sure the greek fans will be just as welcoming when the turkish team plays in athens ;) WELCOME TO HELL the date when the turks will be playing us is on march 24th one day before we celebrate our independance from the ottoman empire THIS IS PERFECT TIMING. :LOL:

i think the ban was reduced to 3 games on appeal. greece will have to face the warm and friendly atmosphere of the welcoming turkish fans. also emre's ban finishes in time for him to face greece.

Thank you js1000, I should have know FIFA is up to there dirty tricks. Turkey should never get an appeal for there "barbaric" behavior, it should be all 6 matches banned in TURKEY! :angry:

Don't worry, GREECE will take care of them! hehehehehe :gr: :gr: :gr:

The part I most disturbing (and I believe my facts are correct but please correct me if it's not the case) is that it wasn't just the team and it's coaches that acted in an uncivilized manner but it was the government (i.e. Official authorities) that started the whole thing with Switzerland by detaining them at the airport for several hours.

What type of message does that tell the rest of the world and I don't mean just the sports world. Turkish authorities should be doing the opposite and assisting visiting national teams and then put out bulletins to fans and the team officials that they want their participants to represent the country in a class manner. Isn't that the whole idea of international sports to begin with.

To the best of my knowledge Greece officials treat visting teams well and sure fans can scream and yell all they want but it's up to the host nation to guarantee safe passage. Why would any country try to promote the opposite?

Dont worry js1000 what goes around comes around ;) Greece will be waiting for turkey believe me you are coming to Athens at the wrong possible time. :LOL:

eletheria e thanatos it was the battle cry of the revolution in 1821, many greek soldiers including women took an oathe that they would sacrifice thier lives in order to gain freedom from the ottoman empire.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my sign from what it will say during the match: "H ELLADA DEN PETHENI, MARTIOS 25, 1821!"

Sounds pretty catchy don't you think? ;)

Please explain me :

what has a game to do with a ,,freedom-war'' ?

I mean congratulations your forefathers made it after more than 600 years to beat the ottomans (cause the british empire lead also a war against ottoman empire) but I dont understand where is the connection to a european qualification match ??

Does Greeks think that the match is a synonym for the vcitory of greekt troops ?? Hee?

I wont understand Greek thinking in some ways .... :unsure: :unsure:

Here's my sign from what it will say during the match: "H ELLADA DEN PETHENI, MARTIOS 25, 1821!"

Sounds pretty catchy don't you think?  ;)

Please explain me :

I mean congratulations your forefathers made it after more than 600 years to beat the ottomans (cause the british empire lead also a war against ottoman empire) but I dont understand where is the connection to a european qualification match ??

Does Greeks think that the match is a synonym for the vcitory of greekt troops ?? Hee?

Mods I'll refrain from replying to this s%$#! so I dont start s%$#! here but please remove these m*****a posts from Turkcell. I dont want this to get this topic blocked again and the provocation is clear.

Sounds pretty catchy don't you think?  ;)

Please explain me :

There is nothing to say to you. Just remember the date and tell the hooligans who talk crap all over the place about 1453 that 1821 was after 1453 and that's all that really counts.

Archived