Phantis Forums

Beckham to play in MLS

MikeS

Like Anna Kornakova, Tiger woods, or Michael Jordan, Beckham makes far more cash off the pitch, (via endorsements) than on the pitch.

Case and point:

1 Mia Hamm > Nobody watches girly footy!

2 Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras & Anna K.> Tennis aint that big but they can sell anything

3 Tom Arnold, Ryan Seacrest > Million dollar losers.

David & Posh have been house hunting in L.A. for a year, hanging around maniac Tom Cruise, and David already runs a soccer academy down there. bottom line, well, he's 34, and many people are critisizing his abilities.

I don't see MLS squads like DC United, or Dynamo Houston, that could pose a serious threat in any W. European league. however the MLS is not just a puppet league. They are out to win! Greece, Portugal, Italy, Scotland ect. Two or three teams compete, and the rest are just there to keep the gamblers occupied. Ergo there is emmence growth potential.

Think of it as semi-retirement. No copa del rey, Euro cup, World cup, tideous qualifiers, Champions League, and unfair press. From now on, 32 (regular season) games per year, 5 years 250 000 000.00USD, and people smashing down the door begging to give him millions more.

That is crazy!! I can't believe he is doing that but it's cool because i will go see him when he comes to play DC United.

2 words SELL - OUT !

He's going to leave the BIGGEST club in the world to play for the Galaxy.. WTF???

There is no way you can't tell me that this move is NOT about the benjamins...

I have lost a bit of respect for Beckham for doing this but I can honestly say that I am going to watch him play when he comes here to DC and play. My 9 yr. old son will remember that day for the rest of his life

As far as MLS I beleive that this is a good move for them because this is going to raise the bar for this league

i dont think he's done....name the club that's bigger than REAL... he played for argueably for the 2 biggest clubs in Europe, & as his carear winds down he will look like a GOD next to these players in MLS... He'll make a huge amount of money & good for him... Huge endorsments $$$$$$... The poster boy for the MLS... From a soccer standpoint it steps backward... From his personal view, he couldnt of done better...

see you in NY Beckham

2 words SELL - OUT !

He's going to leave the BIGGEST club in the world to play for the Galaxy.. WTF???

There is no way you can't tell me that this move is NOT about the benjamins...

I have lost a bit of respect for Beckham for doing this but I can honestly say that I am going to watch him play when he comes here to DC and play. My 9 yr. old son will remember that day for the rest of his life

As far as MLS I beleive that this is a good move for them because this is going to raise the bar for this league

Why have you lost respect for him. Rivaldo came to OFSP, what is the difference.

I dont think you can call him a sell out. He's been dropped by Real and told his contract won't be renewed and he's permanently out of the England squad so what should he have done? Gone to Villa for 40k a week and battled against relegation? Its not like he betrayed his team, he was practically a free agent and i dont think people realise exactly how much he's going to be getting:

Archived