Phantis Forums

PAO - Kalamaria

MadBoy13

I hope ur still not thinking the ref was on PAO's side the ref was horrid against both teams. But anyways I'm not going to argue with you. You obviously have your on views on the ref as do I so I will leave it at that and I got to rush to work so I'm not late :P As for the game we could not finish anyways hope Gonzo is not badly hurt and we better shape up!

It's official: we suck.

Kalamaria sucked too, and that says a everything about our game.

I will do as an objective review as I can:

Galinovic: sucked

Nilsson: sucked really bad

Biscan: sucked

Goumas: sucked a little less, but that wasn't much help

Darlas: sucked (pulled muscle in left leg. My non-expert prediction: out at least 2-3 months)

Tziolis: sucked with style

Gonzales: sucked (injured his operated knee. My non-expert prediction: out for the year)

Ivanscitz: sucked. Missed three tet-a-tet shots

Romero: sucked

Salpigidis: not sure if he was in the game. In case he was: sucked

Victor: sucked really really bad (except one amazing assist that Ivan wasted)

Leontiou: sucked

Seric: sucked

Theodoridis: sucked a little less than Romero

Munoz: sucked

Referee: man did he suck!

assistant refs: the only ones who played a good game. The nice flag raising technique was the most interesting part of the whole game :whistle:

Fans: sucked. The few people spread out in the vast stadium reminded me of sesame on a "koulouri" from koumoudourou square. They cheered in spurts (no more than 3 minutes each, did not exceed 5-6 cheers per game). They booed a little, but mostly they just sat there. I felt sorry for them though. I hope Tzigger gives them a refund for having to sit through this kind of game.

Substitutes: sucked (because they weren't much help)

Bench: sucked (benches with wheels suck by default)

wait what - i wont bother reading, but if some idiot said the ref was biased at all.......well hes just an idiot. Refereeing was really fair i thought. Both reds were a bit harsh, but he did give out countless warnings - and if the players dont listen then that is THEIR fault.

Kalamarias was on defense the whole time and had a lot of rough tackles. The yellows were fair. PAO also had a goal disallowed (fairly) but we have seen countless goals like this allowed in all leagues/competitions...not that it makes it legal but point is he could have gotten away with it if he wanted to. Good call by referee.

Besides ref had nothign to do with this game, or the outcome. It was all Panathinaikos, countless good shots they all blew, and Kalamarias showed nothing.

Not happy with the performance, could be better...Im getting tired of these stupid decisions by Munoz though.

Galinovic- solid

Biscan- crap first half, was suprisingly composed second half.

Gkoumas- reliable captain

Darlas- not bad not great

Nilsson - why does he need to play ? He was awful until he got sent off. Learn to pass

Romero- the least creative Argentine ive seen. His crosses were very lousy and below standard

Tziolis - great improvements and we need to hold on to him. In two years he will be probably the most important midfielder on the team if he continues to grow. wasnt execptional today but at least he was composed and one of PAO's better players

Gonzalez- injured again, nothing really to produce. Not that creative anymore...

Ivanschitz - played hard, played well on the left, just couldnt shoot....unlucky

Victor- ok, had one brilliant pass which Ivanshitz couldnt finish..

Salpiggidis - nothing great, I think his speed would be more useful on the wings...His crossing isnt special but he can work on that. If we could put him out on the right and feed Manztios in the air there would be more of a purpose of the strategy to play the ball wide.

Theodoridis- energetic, but looked a bit nervous......had some good moments but then cancelled them out doing retarted things like trying to shoot from way far out (one shot wasnt bad it got a corner ) but when youre that far out or out on the wings needing a goal you dont get cocky. send a clever chip in the area and then all it needs is a touch. needs more playing time to get adjusted, but hes trying and has some quickness which is good to have around

Seric -nothing great, though he did show effort and busted himself up, and made runs forward. He made a few dumb passes up the center which was annoying throwing the ball away

Leontiou- better than gonzalez, but nothing amazing

Mantzios should have come in for Salpiggidis instead of bring Seric-Darlas...and whatever happened to Bovio?

Cyberfish, indeed, the "Scream" would be good for that.

Is there any painting called "Apathy"? It would perfectly describe the situation at Pao right now. This season's Pao is the worst I've seen for many many years. Quite inexplicable; players aren't bad (actually you have better units than Aek), perhaps it is motivation that is lacking. Is it that they expect a change of the ownership that makes them so indifferent?

I wish they played this live instead of the game: http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/1...reece.monks.ap/ :P

To be a little more serious though, you are right dipapa, we do have some good players but today I saw definitive proof that these players were not prepared well in the off season.

The players just cannot run any more. They overexerted themselves in the first few games after Munoz came and now they are burned out.

Darlas began having cramps in the first game of the season and I remember thinking this was a bad sign but at the time I thought it was just Darlas cheating in practice. Now I am sure it was just bad planning by the team.

The players have no strength. On one-on-one situations they are easily displaced by opponents. They have no speed. Aside from Salpigidis (who also looked burned-out today) no one else has outran opponents this fall. And they have no stamina. They seem to know it and look as if they try to preserve energy the entire game.

I think this is a major reason why we play so badly, and why they can't concentrate during the game. Once the body gives way, it's impossible to pass with accuracy or to think ahead.

I hate to say it, but this season reminds me of the season when we finished in mid-table...

Darlas: sucked (pulled muscle in left leg. My non-expert prediction: out at least 2-3 months)

Gonzales: sucked (injured his operated knee. My non-expert prediction: out for the year)

assistant refs: the only ones who played a good game. The nice flag raising technique was the most interesting part of the whole game :whistle:

Fans: sucked. The few people spread out in the vast stadium reminded me of sesame on a "koulouri" from koumoudourou square. They cheered in spurts (no more than 3 minutes each, did not exceed 5-6 cheers per game). They booed a little, but mostly they just sat there. I felt sorry for them though. I hope Tzigger gives them a refund for having to sit through this kind of game.

round of 16 cup games midweek, when team is not doing much.......this is always the case with just a handful...

:nw:

The only PAO fa that speaks truth for all

ok were in bad times but lets not exagerate this game.

it was 0-0 and awful result, but in terms of performance PAO had several must score opportunities and just didnt finish them....a fair result would have been 1-0/2-0 PAO, and nobody who saw the game could constest that. But problem is it just didnt work out and we needed the mental boost.

next game at kalamaria right? or in athens again. If in athens i'll go with my cousins and raise some hell.

man what a poor performance from our boys aye wtf do the strikers practice how to kick the ball into the goal or do they just stand around wanking themeselves, we had 3 massive chances to score in one on one situations. It must be said though exw oloi oi ksenoi

Out of all the players, in that "game", I am the most disappointed with Leontiou.

The rest, either do not care, Victor, Romero, are demoralized, (majority of the team) :o or just can't do any more, Biscan, Vyntra. :tdown:

Leontiou looked like he could become a very good passing mid, with a bright future, that just needed some game experience.

Unfortunately his performances so far, have left little room for optimism...

PEACE

Archived