Phantis Forums

Round 14: Chalkydona - PAOK

Ziaka

On Saturday, December 13 we travel to Athens to meet Chalkydona. The Chalkydona is a very tough team, and they have tested the big teams this year. If PAOK wants to keep pace with the leader, a win is a must result. I think we can pull it off. My prediction is 2-0 for PAOK.

The latest is that Ekgomitis will not play in this game. He is ready, but it looks like Anastasiadis will save his return for the big game next week against Aris. Also missing will be Markos and Zavantias, who are not expected to return for months.

Well done boys I honestly thought that we would leave with a draw at best, Now if Aris can do the job on the Gavroi it would be a Merry Xmas for all. But sometimes Greek football is like WWF Gavroi will let out all their anger at Aris and next week Aris will want to prove something to us, Sorry guys thats my train of thought maybe its like this because I am a Paok fan.

Anyway Great win in ATHENS

I watched the game yesterday and noticed a few things.

In the first half PAOK were pretty flat and Chalkydona were running circles around them. They dominated large portions of the field and PAOK weren't finishing their passes effectively at all.

The second half however, was a different story. PAOK clearly took control of the game and it looked like Chalkydona were tired.

Yiasemis and Salpiggidis both had awesome chances to get a couple of goals. And thank goodness for Vokolos...he is a tower in the back.

Well done PAOK

I saw the game too, and agree with Batigol's assessment. Everything was decided in the 2nd half. Giasemis missed several clear cut chances before he sored the deciding game. In the end this counts as a very good win for the team against a very good Chalkydona team. Now we have to go and take care of Aris.

Archived