Phantis Forums

PAOK FC News - 2007-08 Season

Ziaka

Apparently Zagorakis is disappointed in the lack of support from several sources. He's only happy from the support given by the fans. It could be a calculated move to put pressure on certain people to deliver on what they promised PAOK. Also let's not also forget that all these rumors are being put out by Greek media, which I would not trust at all.

In other news, it looks like this Sunday PAOK will play a friendly game against Shakhtar Donetsk (with Castillo and co.) at 17:00 GR.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PAOK propably will get out of all the financial troubles that is in after the clearance that Zagorakis got,for the board of PAOK not being liable with there personal money in case the payments to the goverment can not be made.Also the monthly payments will get dropped from 120.000euros to only 20.000.That gives them extra time,3-4 years of getting a clean house and actually be able to pay of everything plus making the team stronger with transfers and new additions.

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/Superle...AOK/171926.html

I think this situation doesn't affect Santos, who's a good coach and should stay.

Man, even I'm not a fan of PAOK, but as a fan of the sport, it's good to have a strong PAOK team... After all, it's sweeter to beat a good team!

Seriously, it's time we got rid of all the idiots and the thieves. They've damaged the sport. Enough already. People mismanage, steal, destroy teams and then the Greek taxpayer has to bail out the teams.

PAOK DEFINATELY NEEDS RESTRUCTURING BOTH ON THE TEAM LEVEL AND IN THE ADMINISTRATION LEVEL THIA WILL COME IN TIME I GUESS. BUT HOPEFULLY THERE IS A FEW THINGS THAT CAN BE DONE TO SALVAGE THIS SEASON AND ENTER UEFA NEXT YEAR. P.S. WHERE IS SHIKABALA WHEN IS HE SUPPOSED TO COME BACK TO PAOK??? DOES ANY BODY HAVE ANY INFO

• 1 month later...

The reason is that he does not have enough time to devote to his private company. Latest reports are that he will stay on for another 3 months as he does not want to let Zagorakis hanging during this transition period.

As it is nex week the temporary Zagorakis board session expires, and a new board will need to be assembled and approved by the courts. The talk is that the board will be increased to 7 people.

The new board setup for "Doikisi Protodikiou" has been submitted by Zagorakis. The original five are are staying put (including Papadopoulos), and they will be joined by Georgios Michailidis and Spiros Milioridis, making it a 7-member board.

Archived