Phantis Forums

PAOK FC News - 2007-08 Season

Ziaka

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read the article, and I will hold miy breath till something actually happens; because finding an answer to paok's economic troubles and the plan acually working are two different things. we heard things in the past on how the team is going to be saved from debtors hell. let us hope this is not another johnny come lately plan. don't forget the old saying:

ta polla logia einai ftoxia!

It has been decided that PAOK's training this summer will take place in Hannover, Germany between July 22 - August 3. During this time they plan on playing against Bochum, Hannover, Wolfsburg and Munich 1860.

It has been decided that PAOK's training this summer will take place in Hannover, Germany between July 22 - August 3. During this time they plan on playing against Bochum, Hannover, Wolfsburg and Munich 1860.

Ziaka where is PAOK going to get the money to train in Germany. I think staying local will be the better bet for PAOK so they can save some money.Any thoughts?

Last season when things were looking very bleak and we were almost not allowed to play in the Superleague we still managed to go to France for training. I am sure we will somehow scrape the money to do it this summer as well. From what is rumored, PAOK will secure a loan in the next few days that will help the team with getting license for the UEFA Cup as well as pay the players and plan for the next season.

• 2 weeks later...

Today PAOK received and extension of the court date by EEA, where they had to come up with 1.5 million Euro to pay debts to past players and coaches and other teams. If the extension was not granted, POAK would have been kicked out of the Superleague.

The next court date is May 16th, which is after the season ends. This means that PAOK will be able to complete this season.

When the judges asked Vezyrtzis what can change until may 16th, the temporary PAOK president told the judge:

"We are waiting to get a loan for 2.5 million Euro and pay our debts. If we don't get this loan, I will not be standing here in front of you on May 16th, PAOK will be playing in D' Division."

Yes we got a 2.2 million Euro loan. The only problem is we put as collateral the next season's TV rights and OPAP sponsorship.

The money will be distributed to current players, as well as pay installments to past players and coaches in order to retain the Superleague license as well as secure the license to play in next season's UEFA Cup. All we have to do now is defeat OFI and actually get the spot that leads to Europe.

I guess Vezyrtzis and Ikonomidis are staying at least until June 6th, when their temporary status expires. In the meantime they have taken the case against Goumenos to courts concerning the missing 773,000 Euro from the PAE books.

Now that PAOK has received the 2.2 millions Euro loan, they are working hard to pay up outstanding debts to current and past players/coaches in order to get the licenses to play in UEFA.

• 2 weeks later...

EEA (Epitropi Epaggelmatikou Athlitismou) has cashed in the guaranteed collateral they had from PAOK worth about 303,000 Euro and distributed that money to players that PAOK owed money to: Ekgomitis, Udese, Markos, Karalic, Koutsis, Feutchine and Andralas.

On Tuesday, May 22, PAOK will play a friendly game against the Greek Under-21 national team at Toumba. Kickoff time is 18:00 GR.

Of interest is that five PAOK players wil play against their own team, since they will be part of the U21 team: Christodoulopoulos, Iliadis, Balafas, Mumin, Arabatzis.

Why are we looking at D grade Brazilian players, we have plenty of those in Greece. Would rather we played the second team next year, we have zero chance of making Europe anyway, and I don't think we would e relegated.

Wake up malakes gamoto....

Archived