Phantis Forums

PAOK FC News - 2007-08 Season

Ziaka

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are reports that PAOK will receive a sponsorpship worth 2.4 milion Euro from Laiko Lacheio, which will cover the rest of the season as well as the next season. Part of tjhast money (around 800K) will be used to to make arrengements with old playes and coaches so the team can get the license to play in UEFA Cup.

Lot of bullshit in the Athens pres about Fernandez and Lazaro going to vazelia. What a bullshit attempt to further destabilise the team.

Why do you automatically think its an Athenian attempt to destabilize the team. Fernandez is a good goalkeeper and would definitely like to play in the champions league and contend for a championship. Also, if there are always issues with money why wouldnt he want to go to a more financially stable team. Reports of him leaving may very well be true.

Well isn't it. In all the athnes based MME you read about Arabatsis to AEK, Fernandez and Hristodoulopoulos to Vazelia, diladi ti les tora, malakes then imaste. Same thing happened with the Kondo last year. It is a blatant atempt to get in the players head. Either way Fernandez stated that he will not leave PAOK for any other team in Greece, since he has become a big PAOK fan. Na ta vlepi auta o kondos, o poulimenos.

Salpi left because of Goumenos and the strange deal the fat one made with Panathinaikos. The fat one is no longer running the show and if any of the player mentioned leave, the current people (who are PAOKtzides BTW) running the team will be chased out of town by the fans. The only player I see leaving is Christodoulopoulos. Fernandes will probably be sold to a foreign team after the next season.

Karalic, the palto that was brought to PAOK by Sarafis and who hardly played any games is preparing to go to FIFA in order to get 72,000 Euro that PAOK allegedly owes him.

WOW that is allot of money for PAOK right now!!!!!

Tommorrow at 16:00 GR PAOK plays a friendly game at Rhodos against Rhodos AS to honor the local team as well as Georgios Skartados, who played for both PAOK and Rhodos.

Players not travelling with PAOK to the island are the internationals Fernandes, Giasemis, Charalambous, Christodoulopoulos, Mumin, Balafas as well as Zagorakis, who prefers to be at Karaiskaki in order to see the NT against Turkey. Also not travelling are the injured players Ilaidis and Malezas.

• 2 weeks later...

Ziaka it looks like you guys are running out of time to come up with money to pay players and e.t.c. What do you think is goig to happen? I see PAOK putting some players up for sale at the end of the year!!!

Latest rumors are that an Italian construction firm has been talking with PAE PAOK VP Lakis Ikonomidis concerning new Toumba Stadium. This firm wich has ties to Skopje, Albania and apparently Russia is willing pay up the 9.3 million Euro needed to raise the PAE PAOK operating budget in order to receive the license to compete in next year's Superleague.

The contact between this Italian firm and PAOK have been made by the old PAOKvoleyball coach Bogojevski from Skopje, who apparently has some contacts with the firm. Yestreday there was a meeting at the Thessaloniki Hyatt between the Italian firm representative Dimitris Kakalis, Lakis Ikonomidis and guess who? Yes, Ivan Savvidis!!!! he seems to be back trying to get his hands on Toumba.

Rumors say that the firms wants to enter the Greek rela estate market by being involved in several project such as Hotels at Halkidiki as well as the Toumba stadium. However they don't want to be involved in running a soccer team.

I agree Serraios. Giving Toumba to the likes of Savidis and real estate companies would destroy the team. I want to see somebody who wants to invest in Greek soccer to buy PAOK, and once we see he has good intentions, let him build the new Toumba as well.

The latest trip to Athens by Vezyrtzis and Ikonomidis to beg for money was another failure. Apparently they will have a press conference on Monday and resign.

I have a feeling these frequent trips to Athens were just a cover by the two PAE PAOK presidents. I really begin to doubt that they went there to meet politicians as they claimed. Remember, when things got tough for Goumenos, he was also making frequent trips to Athens just to hide.

I am 100% sure we will not be playing in UEFA Cup next season even if we qualify, and I think that we will be the first team to be dropped to D' Division as well unless some big miracles happen.

Archived