Phantis Forums

How did this team fall?

GS1905

Ionikos was 2 wins out of their first 2 games but when I had a look at the standings, all I saw was a team that had just 2 draws from their 10+ games. Given they have a decent squad, I want to learn why did this team fall so drastically in the standings?? :o

For the following reasons:

- No supporters

- Very bad stadium

- Team always full of below standard foreigners.

You cant see this?

and how is that different than other teams with low fan turnout, too many foreigners and half decent stadiums.

Its not one team that make the league pathetic it is the whole league

hopefully they will go down and down until the club is ruined!

they are 1 of the reasons why we have such a poor league

Explain......how do they make the league poor
u dont seem to know much about greek football in general when u are asking questions like that!

think before u post ;)

hopefully they will go down and down until the club is ruined!

they are 1 of the reasons why we have such a poor league

Explain......how do they make the league poor
u dont seem to know much about greek football in general when u are asking questions like that!

think before u post ;)

My point Slick was that how does that one team make the league poor.

If your logic is correct then more than half the teams in the Super League should fall. Singling out Ionikos is bullshit because the rest of the teams have the same problems as Ionikos does.

teams in many leagues collapse not only in Super League

we have it bad though

half of Greece is Thrillos (I think so)

and the rest are labeled under other

there are very few supporters for teams like Ionikos Panionios Kerkyra etc

how do you expect supporters to be happy when their team has a heart attack?

Conditions get worse in stadiums and there is no money to fix anything. :huh:

we have it bad though

Panionios has decent support, but you're right about most supporting the top teams. The problem is Greece is a small country, what's good though is that AEK, PAO, and PAOK are getting stronger and are catching up to Oly. So hopefully they can keep pushing eachother to improve. It would be great to see the other teams with a big base to start finding their feet too... Aris & Iraklis. I mean if we have a 3 horse race for the title, with PAOK, Aris, Iraklis, Larissa and Xanthi improving to the extent where they can perform in the UEFA then the Greek league can be formidable.

To acheive that we need a 5 year plan imo.

1) Investment into the youth systems/academies at the big 4 to nurture domestic talent.

2) The introduction of 'football schools/academies' in foreign countries. I.e. an Oly or PAO academy in Aus, China, USA, or Africa, where young foreign talents can be nurtured.

3) EPO lobbying FIFA to introduce the max. 5 foreigner rule. Arsenal's vice-president David Dein is strongly against it, so many have to speak for it to contract him. This will enable Smaller teams to have access to foreigners they wouldn't normally and will enable the development of Greeks.

4) Clamp down on hooliganism at football matches, if this doesnt work then there should be a complete banning of away supporters to ALL games.

5) Small clubs should give away discounted tickets to school kids, and local business to build up a fan base.

If they all started tomorrow within 5 years all these systems could be in place and Greece may make significant strides.

we have it bad though

Panionios has decent support, but you're right about most supporting the top teams. The problem is Greece is a small country, what's good though is that AEK, PAO, and PAOK are getting stronger and are catching up to Oly. So hopefully they can keep pushing eachother to improve. It would be great to see the other teams with a big base to start finding their feet too... Aris & Iraklis. I mean if we have a 3 horse race for the title, with PAOK, Aris, Iraklis, Larissa and Xanthi improving to the extent where they can perform in the UEFA then the Greek league can be formidable.

To acheive that we need a 5 year plan imo.

1) Investment into the youth systems/academies at the big 4 to nurture domestic talent.

2) The introduction of 'football schools/academies' in foreign countries. I.e. an Oly or PAO academy in Aus, China, USA, or Africa, where young foreign talents can be nurtured.

3) EPO lobbying FIFA to introduce the max. 5 foreigner rule. Arsenal's vice-president David Dein is strongly against it, so many have to speak for it to contract him. This will enable Smaller teams to have access to foreigners they wouldn't normally and will enable the development of Greeks.

4) Clamp down on hooliganism at football matches, if this doesnt work then there should be a complete banning of away supporters to ALL games.

5) Small clubs should give away discounted tickets to school kids, and local business to build up a fan base.

If they all started tomorrow within 5 years all these systems could be in place and Greece may make significant strides.

:nw: :nw:

That will take money and time my friend but its a genius idea

Tell Orfanos to start it up because he would if he woke up.

This system also depends on owners of Super league teams by offering discounted tickets and building up youth teams to strengthen teams.

If this happened in 5 years Olympiakos would make the semi's in the CL!!!

Maybe PAOK will qualify for the UEFA 32 who knows?

Tiome will tell :gr:

Archived