Phantis Forums

Hapoer Tel Aviv vs.Olympiakos

LUZ13

Olympiakos is a team with some great players, really great. I do not have to mention their names

I see them come back after losing to Aris, usually win the clasicos in a great style, sometimes it seems that the Greek league is too small for them

Than they come to Valencia, and what happens? Sad thing, no goals, Canizares stopps Rivaldo FK, Ayala is a nightmare .. Konstantinous get injured, Morientes and the antipatic Angulo, heavens help us all

I thought about it many times, and I wondered what is lackig to give this group of players the push, the little point on the i to do something more in the CL

I wondered even more after i have seen the game in Paris

A team from a little league and a little country ; Hapoel of Te Aviv, commanded by no other than Issac Shoom, come to Paris and in a wonderful game, playing football, not bunker, scores 4 goals in the PSG stadium amd wins 4:2

I stared at another red team, an wondered

How come

Is Salim Touama, the arab forward of Tel Aviv better than Rivaldo, is Walid Badir better than Stoltidis . Is Elimelech Shavit better that Nikopolidis?? The GK has maybe almost the same qualities, but the others? No way

They lose in their league to little teams, yes

I began to think maybe it is the coach??

Shoom did well in the CL with Maccaabi Haifa sa well, they even beat Manchester United in that year

Why they do it and Oly not?

And i am not asking it to hear some stupid ansers of the PAO fans about the coach that could bring them to take the Greek league ..and than sacked

If he coluld do this , i mean, make PAO champions ; he can do everything maybe

What has this man who looks like a truck driver which our Solied hasen't??

If those teams from israel can do it. without Rivaldo or Nery Castillo, why can't we?

It is not the money, both Israeli teams has less budget than Olympiakos

After seeing the excelent football the @JEWLAND@ people played in paris (that is how the Pao fans ridiculed them) I could not hold my frustration

Yes, PSG is in a very bad period. also Milan which is known not to make affort after thy are sure they are going to th next step

Valencia and Roma are tougher nuts', Also shahtar, it is a tough group

but it is food for thought

Anyone hasseen the mach in question? I would like o hear something on the issue

PSG was brutal. my friend is a PSG fan and he was at the game and said the players gave up. they dont know what to do anymore. Any goals they score any plays they make they make out of pure skill. There is no team concept. there is no chemistry. no cohesion.

If we have to wait to be drawn against teams that our struggling to win games in europe, what does that tell you about our league. or the israelien league.

I really believe my friend that in the Cl stages you need to have a team that is going to play as one...

We're looking at all thest teams like LYON, VALENCIA, CSKA, and other clubs around Europe kick some ass..

There are 2 solid reaosn why..

(A) Great academy players and products comming out of that

(B) Great chemistry umong players...

We all know that LYON doesn't have the BEST 11 in the world but damn it do they put the ball behind the net, and same goes for the rest of the "little minow" clubs coming up in the world.

We're (Greek League & Teams) are about 10-12 yrs behind the soccer that's being played all over Europe and untill they change it from the Top - Down... We're still going to be behind battling with what we have.

relax u make it seem like the greek leaugue is a freaking farm club you talk like these other clubs are bionic men its purely about skill heart dedication the love of the game and the fight and blood sweat and tears to play for the honor of that patch on your chest 10 12 years beyond bogus dont get me wrong we need alot of work before we can compete with the likes of barca chelsea no one can convince me that the israli russian ukrainian league are better then us the no fear mentality lacks when going on away games the talent is there its got to be its man against man not man against machine call me crazy

how much times have we seen teams like oly aek pao have leads in european games against quality opponents and loose the match in the last 10 minutes too manny times for its a lack of focus and sometimes they lack that cutting edge infront of the oignon bag and put the ball away they lack the ice water in there vains my point is they can compete its not always pretty and gracefull but they can get the jpb done (aek the one and only)

Archived