Phantis Forums

2006 NFL SEASON

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree the Colts are the favorites, but this is football and anything can happen.

Two keys to a Bears Superbowl victory:

1) Create turnovers, this has been a BIG part of their victories through out the season.

2) Rex Grossman: Just don't mess up.

I'm still a bit worried about the Bears secondary,  without Mike Brown it's going to be tough covering Rodney Harrison with the deep passes.

I know there is a lot of talk about Grossman's performance, but Peyton Manning has been known to screw up every once in a while.  Hopefully it will happen in the Superbowl.

Oh yeah, and a Devin Hester touchdown would be nice too.  :tup:

Create turnovers, Devin Hester touchdown, Rex Grossman don't mess up.

Two out of three wasn't enough. I had a feeling Grossman would mess things up <_<

Poor decisions with those passes letting it hang in the air like that, I knew it was getting picked off the moment it left his hands.

Well, can't deny credit where it is due. Congratulations to the Colts. B) I like Dungy and am happy for him although I was cheering for the Bears.

Maybe next year boys.

i really couldnt understand why alot of people believed the bears would win...

NO OFFENCE

AN OVERRATED DEFENCE

all they had was special teams...

Good job by the colts... Not a vey memorable super bowl...

I don't agree with you on that!!! OVERATED DEFFENCE? Not sure about that...

i really couldnt understand why alot of people believed the bears would win...

NO OFFENCE

AN OVERRATED DEFENCE

all they had was special teams...

Good job by the colts... Not a vey memorable super bowl...

I don't agree with you on that!!! OVERATED DEFFENCE? Not sure about that...
taking all things into account dude they played 4 teams with a winning record in the regular season & they play in the weakest division in the NFLl... terribly overrated from a generally weak NFC... & they got what was coming :tup:

A very informative article on AFC vs NFC

AFC vs. NFC: Parity a rarity

But no matter what, we'll kick your butt next year!!! Go Eagles, go! :nw: :whistle: :tup: :D

I don't know about that. My Dolphins will win it all next year!!!! :P

Yeah, I wish your Dolphins the best... I hold your team deep in my heart. What's the deal with Ricky Williams. Is he gonna be back next season?

Rumors are that he wants to come back and play for us but it's still up in the air if the Coaches whant him back. I will welcome him back because i think him and Brown can do great things together. Ofcourse Culpepper needs to get healty and then we will be good. We will have for WR Chambers and Randy Moss( ;) ) with RB Brown and Ricky. Our defense will be good so i see SUPER BOWL BABY!!!!!!!!

The Eagles did make the playoffs - they lost on week 2 of the playoffs to the Saints who then went on to play the conference game against the Bears. The Eagles have been in 4 of the last 6 Conference Championship games, and won the NFC East 4 times in the last 5 seasons. They made the playoffs 6 out of 7 last seasons. They played in the 2004 Superbowl game against the Patriots (and lost). There is no single team with a better playoff record than that in the entire NFL!

Depending on how they make it through free agency period, I wouldn't discount the possibility of them being a serious contender next season as well. Of course, it's too early to speak... We're confident because the core of the team might be still intact, and some key players are already signed long term (Westbrook, Kearse)... If McNabb heals in time, the possibilities are endless.... :tup:

(Hey, one has to be confident when a new season is in the works, right? :whistle: )

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived