Phantis Forums

2006 NFL SEASON

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the NFC, until recently I thought the Giants had a good shot , but Manning Jr. isn't living up to the amount of money he's being payed, and I don't even know who their back up is. As for the Bears, I don't think Grossman is the man for the playoffs, at least not for now, better off giving Griese a shot. If they take care of the QB position, they have a good chance of reaching the Super Bowl. If the Seahawks take care of their injuiries with Hasselbeck and Alexander, it should be up for grabs between the Bears and Seahawks.

For the AFC I can't see any other team except for the Colts winning the Super Bowl. But you never know, this is football, and anything can happen. The Chargers are looking real good with Tomlinson (MVP) being unstoppable. Also, you can never count out the Patriots.

Having lived in Dallas and followed the teams during the dark years just before Landry was 'retired', I am thrilled that they are riding high again. If the team holds together for the next few games the 'Boys may be on the verge of a run for the SB. I'm concerned about the the Ol and DL as they do not have the grit that I think is necessary for a SB win.

• 3 weeks later...

The team to beat this year will be San Diego Charges. They are a good team and they have been consistant all year. They good in offence,defence and special tems. They have my vote for this year Super Bowl. Too bad Miami is not going to be there.. :(

Chargers vs Saints

SUPERBOWL

Good possibility!!!
Reggie Bush woke up and kiled my 5 SUPERBOWL Niners with 4 TD alll alone

:LOL:

He is the best player in the NFL. 2006 MVP for sure! :nw:

As for the Niners, good job with the Seahawks. Who is this Frank Gore character? I keep hearing a lot about him, haven't really got the chance to watch him play though.

Chargers vs Saints

SUPERBOWL

Good possibility!!!
Reggie Bush woke up and kiled my 5 SUPERBOWL Niners with 4 TD alll alone

:LOL:

He is the best player in the NFL. 2006 MVP for sure! :nw:

As for the Niners, good job with the Seahawks. Who is this Frank Gore character? I keep hearing a lot about him, haven't really got the chance to watch him play though.

Frank Gore is a great running back for the 49ers

He is currently leading the NFL in rush yars but Larry Johnson and Ladamian Tomlinson stilll have to play on SUN.

He can push through the line and find holes a real powerhouse. He would not go down against Seattle

GO 49ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we win last 2 and seahawks lose last 2 we make playoffs!!

:LOL: :( tears of joy if they make playoffs

• 2 weeks later...

I got it from NFL.COM

In the AFC

Kansas City vs. Indianapolis

New York (Jets) vs. New England

San Diego and Baltimore have 1st round byes

In the NFC

Dallas vs. Seattle

New York (Giants) vs. Philadelphia

Chicago and New Orleans have 1st round byes

I'll pick New Orleans and San Diego to the Super Bowl B)

I don't follow American football that much as I used to. :D

I got it from NFL.COM

In the AFC

Kansas City vs. Indianapolis

New York (Jets) vs. New England

San Diego and Baltimore have 1st round byes

In the NFC

Dallas vs. Seattle

New York (Giants) vs. Philadelphia

Chicago and New Orleans have 1st round byes

I'll pick New Orleans and San Diego to the Super Bowl B)

I don't follow American football that much as I used to. :D

Its very suprising that dark horse knows the teams that will go to the superbowl!!!! Damn dark horse you are right!! Those teams are on fire!!! WOW

No Olympiakosthyra7, I don't know that much about the 2 teams I picked for the Super Bowl. I'm guessing New Orleans could win it all because the players are thinking about Hurricane Katrina. They want to play for the city and for there fans who went thru difficult times after the destuction of what Hurricane Katrina brought to New Orleans. This would be a 'special' championship for that football team.

Otherwise would you want me to pick Seattle again because of our Greek-American player Niko Koutouvides? :P :rolleyes:

P.S. - In Sweden they do follow American Football ;)

No Olympiakosthyra7, I don't know that much about the 2 teams I picked for the Super Bowl. I'm guessing New Orleans could win it all because the players are thinking about Hurricane Katrina. They want to play for the city and for there fans who went thru difficult times after the destuction of what Hurricane Katrina brought to New Orleans. This would be a 'special' championship for that football team.

Otherwise would you want me to pick Seattle again because of our Greek-American player Niko Koutouvides? :P :rolleyes:

P.S. - In Sweden they do follow American Football ;)

All im sayin is that San Diego has won 10 games in a row

New Orleans has a great team this year and are favorites

So out of chance you were right :tup: :tup: :tup:

Final scores in the wild card playoff

Seattle 21 Dallas 20

Philadelphia 23 New York (Giants) 20

New England 37 New York (Jets) 16

Indianapolis 23 Kansas City 8

Next weeks divisional series

Philadelphia vs. New Orleans

Seattle vs. Chicago

New England vs. San Diego