Phantis Forums

Anderlecht - AEK Athens

dark_horse

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pity really,aek could go through but I honestly think that they got what they deserved..the Uefa cup spot and the recognition that they had a decent appearance in CL!

I don't know about MIlan...sure thing is that they didn't really care about the game, they didn't play well but everyone knows that they are in a very bad condition. And playing with reserves(who can blame them?) makes it much worse...they had a header on post (Inzaghi) though while the score was 0-1 but even if they had scored I don't know what would have happened after! But in any case, I can't believe they gave the match away...

First of all, congrats to Aek for the best CL game a greek team played in the last 2 years. This is how greek teams should play in away games. I said a few weeks ago that, of the greek big three, it is the team with the best prospects and I wasn't proved wrong.

Now let's come back to the miserable greek reality : why some green and (to less extent) yellow narrow-minded ones don't speak of the european "paranga"? Yes, only Greece is corrupted, referees this, referees that, Kokkalis, etc etc etc.

How do you feel now that any sensible mind can see the shameful way Milan gave the match to Lille?

Why didn't you ever accepted the fixed game between La Corunia and Lyon?

Why do you fail to notice that Cirilo should have yellow carded 3 times in yesterday's game instead of 1?

Why anything with regard to corruption and referee incompetence is mentioned only when it is Osfp related?

Welcome to the real world, poor inexperienced youngsters. Now that you may realize how much dirt and corruption lies everywhere, you may stop underestimating greek league when it only favors your agenda. If there is left even a faint element of logic inside your minds, kollimenoi...

DISCLAIMER 1: the example of Cirilo doesn't mean that Aek didn't deserve to win yesterday. It is only useful for one to understand how stupid this Georgato yellow card dispute was. But, for many of you, I still expect to miss the point...

DISCLAIMER 2: The fact that there were existed moments where Osfp was also favored from referee mistakes in this year's CL doesn't reduce the strength of my arguments. Quite the opposte I would say.

corruption does lie with in the game itself weve seen it heard it an like an onion the more u peel it the smellier it gets and who knows how far down the pipe it goes and uefa only want the big name clubs on there networks and rich always win over the minnows p.s AEK IS DEFINETLY NOT A MINNOW A HOUSEHOLD NAME IN EUROPE BUT DESERVED THE UEFA SPOT GAME LADS BE PROUD DEMI U HAVE PUT A HELL OF A TEAM TOGETHER :nw:

Our boys went out with their heads high and fighting till the last seconds of the game. Bravo AEK, you made all of Greece proud with your recent campaign in the Champions League.

Let's make some noise in the UEFA Cup now!!

FYI....Sorrentino is out for a month. He'll miss the upcoming matches against Xanthi and Panionios.

First of all, congrats to Aek for the best CL game a greek team played in the last 2 years. This is how greek teams should play in away games. I said a few weeks ago that, of the greek big three, it is the team with the best prospects and I wasn't proved wrong.

Now let's come back to the miserable greek reality : why some green and (to less extent) yellow narrow-minded ones don't speak of the european "paranga"? Yes, only Greece is corrupted, referees this, referees that, Kokkalis, etc etc etc.

How do you feel now that any sensible mind can see the shameful way Milan gave the match to Lille?

Why didn't you ever accepted the fixed game between La Corunia and Lyon?

Why do you fail to notice that Cirilo should have yellow carded 3 times in yesterday's game instead of 1?

Why anything with regard to corruption and referee incompetence is mentioned only when it is Osfp related?

Welcome to the real world, poor inexperienced youngsters. Now that you may realize how much dirt and corruption lies everywhere, you may stop underestimating greek league when it only favors your agenda. If there is left even a faint element of logic inside your minds, kollimenoi...

DISCLAIMER 1: the example of Cirilo doesn't mean that Aek didn't deserve to win yesterday. It is only useful for one to understand how stupid this Georgato yellow card dispute was. But, for many of you, I still expect to miss the point...

DISCLAIMER 2: The fact that there were existed moments where Osfp was also favored from referee mistakes in this year's CL doesn't reduce the strength of my arguments. Quite the opposte I would say.

The difference my friend is that if there were tapes proving that some games are set up and the refs are "milimenoi" (blepe triantafyllopoulo) a mass scandal would have rise and many teams would be in trouble!!!! Not like in here........................................and besides, nobody said that giving the game to levadeiakos last year was illegal or paranga! It was just improper!

By the way, did anybody see chelsea vs lefski...a karate hit from the keeper to Drogba!? It was like seeing Ebede hitting that poor kalamaria player...deja vu! And no penalty as well!!!!!!!!

Sorry for going off topic..

im suprised the user in question hasnt been banned yet, same old useless contribution. both goals were legit, end of story, end of discussion.

bravo AEK, clearly you currently poccess the best club in Greece and were very unlucky not to progress in the mother of all club championships.

congratulations are also in order to the historic club, known only as Milan. who once more, spread their legs letting the opositioin shape their ass cheeks and in turn shape the group standings the way they saw fit.

banned for what!

should u decide what i will say!

it is not like i have told a lie!

everyone who saw the game without yellow/black glasses saw both lakis and another aek player 1-2 meters offside on the first!

but like i said good comeback!!!!!

grow up vasilios with and stop youre dictating shiit! telling others what to say!

great effort from aek..i full heartedly congradulate you, even if you hadnt progressed to uefa..u showed heart and that is important and more then i can say for olympiakos..u made greece proud with your constant fight and will to get a result. pity about the milan game but thus is football...acouple dodgey calls during the game for your favor but thats alright...u fought hard and deserve the place in uefa. which is probably better suited for you any way..not to take anything away but the next round of the CL would have bee n very tough, but regardless..congrats and contue the good work..

btw...very improbable...but how amazing would a PAO-AEK uefa cup final look.... :tup:

Death to AC Milan. They rolled over and played dead against Lille at home and now AEK will be playing in the UEFA Cup Final 32 instead of the Champions League Final 16. Anyway, here is Anderlecht-AEK 2-2. Aek showed heart by coming back after being down 2-0. If they had won , they would have been playing in the Champions League:

http://www.goal4replay.net/GoalWatch.asp?ID=775&Ln=EnEn

Pity for the gritty AEK team. Relaly pulled for them (as with all Greek teams). What an effort in the 2nd half especially. A lesson to Oly and PAO for how to fight for results.

Kyriakidis made one stupid mistake and they are out. Again, pity but an effort that earned the team respect.

About Milan.

I all honesty, I did not expect them to play hard in this game, nor feature their starting players. However I did think they would tie, and not expect them to lose like they did, just out of respect for their amazing history and fans. This team is not a good club, but a super-team with 6 Euro titles and tremendous achievements.

Their fans should be furious that they disrespected the Milan name.

If PAO did that, I would be. :angry:

AEK has nothing to feel sorry about. They overachieved and deserved to make it to the CL rounds. Last time AEK tied REAL and ROMA, but could not beat GENK, a Belgian team, at home. This time it was another home tie vs the Belgian Anderlecht, that denied AEK... :o

The UEFA presents more realistic possibilities for the Greek teams :gr:

Good luck to both PAO and AEK

PEACE

Teams finishing top of their section have the advantage of being drawn against sides who came third in another pool. Group winners also play the second leg of their Round of 32 ties at home.

Group runners-up face the less appealing task of taking on one of the eight clubs who parachute into this competition after finishing third in their UEFA Champions League groups. (AEK will play at home first). The UEFA Cup runners-up at least have the small bonus of home advantage in their second-leg matches.

Under the rules of the tournament, teams from the same association cannot be drawn together in the first knockout round. (In other words, AEK cannot be drawn against PAO in the last 32)

UEFA Champions League third-placed finishers:

Werder Bremen, Spartak Moskow, Bordeaux, Shakhtar Donetsk, Steaua Bucuresti, Benfica, CSKA Moskow, AEK Athens FC

UEFA Cup group winners:

Blackburn Rovers, Espanyol, Panathinaikos FC, Newcastle United FC (4 more tomorrow)

UEFA Cup group runners-up:

Nancy, Ajax, PSG, Celta Vigo (4 more tomorrow)

UEFA Cup third-placed finishers:

Feyenoord, Zulte Waregem, Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC, Fenerbahçe (4 more tomorrow)

* Round of 32 - 14 - 22 February 2007

* Round of 16 - 08 - 15 March 2007

* Quarter-finals - 05 - 12 April 2007

* Semi-finals - 26 Apr - 03 May 2007

* Final - 16 May 2007

I will update 12 other qualifiers

Archived