Phantis Forums

Anderlecht - AEK Athens

dark_horse

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am jealous that Olympiakos is out of the CL but hopefully we can qualify for UEFA

GOOD LUCK AEK GIVE GREECE SOME POINTS FOR NEXT YEAR!!!

I predict 1-1 in Brussles and 2-1 in Italy

AEK OLE!

Its been a while since a Greek team has qualified for the next round of the CL

hope it happens :tup: :gr: :box: :tup: :gr: :box: :tup: :nw:

Any info on how Hellas can score points for the CL next year?

If AEK reach the quarter finals will Hellas get 2 guarenteed spots in the CL of 2007-2008?

info on how HELLAS can score some points in the CL next year???

here is an idea...

lets hope your team doesnt qualify for the CL next year.... then u will see plenty of points :) :LOL:

Any info on how Hellas can score points for the CL next year?

If AEK reach the quarter finals will Hellas get 2 guarenteed spots in the CL of 2007-2008?

This is a good question, can someone please answer it? I don't know how the points work so I just want to know what needs to be done for us to have 2 spots in the CL next year. Can someone help?
next year is not a problem (2007-2008) as we will have the same amount of teams playing in the CL (2 teams) - (Champion will go straight to the group stages, and runner up will start from the 3rd qualifying stage) and the same in UEFA Cup (4 teams).

If Greece finishes above the 16th spot this year (2006-2007) in the country rankings (as of right now we are in 15th place and will battle for positions 16-13) then we will keep our 2 teams in the CL for the 2008-2009 season (keep in mind though that the Greek champion will enter the competition from the 3rd qualifying stage and the runner up will enter from the 2nd qualifying stage), but only 2 teams from the Greek league will qualify for the UEFA Cup (this year we had 4 teams).

The UEFA country ranking is determined by the sum of the UEFA country coefficients over the last 5 years.

Greece over the last 5 years

02-03 = 7.166

03-04 = 4.166

04-05 = 6.166

05-06 = 3.333

06-07 = 4.166 (so far.. can change depending on results of remaining games AEK, PAO and OSFP play)

These points total 24.997 and that puts us in 15th place for the time being.

Here is how you get the points above. Using this year 06-07 as an example.

So far this year Greece has gathered 25 points:

AEK - 10 pts

PAO - 8

OSFP - 5

Hraklis - 2

These points are divided by 6 (the amount of teams greece started w/ in europe) giving us a country coefficient of 4.166.

Now when it come to the lists where they say PAO is ranked 30th in Europe etc the same thing applies..last 5 years count.

When calculating each team's coefficient you take 33% of the country coefficient (at this point in time 4.166*.33 = 1.37) and add it to their total points so for this year we would have:

AEK = 8+1.37 = 9.37 (the 2 points gathered in CL qualifying dont count towards team coefficients, only towards the country)

PAO = 8 + 1.37 = 9.37

OSFP = 5 + 1.37 = 6.37

HRA = 2+1.37 = 3.37

These points are then added to the last four years to come up w/ a total. As it stands now PAO is ranked at 30, OSFP at 46 and AEK at 65. AEK is paying for their bad "Zenit" year performances.

Hope that didnt confuse anybody :blink:

A cool website that has all this info is

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/index.html

aek will bring in the points plus the trophy baby signed sealed ans delivered ultras eagles fly high

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

In your dreams my friend, I hope AEK can make a good run in the Champions League. No way you can win the cup where you got Chelsea and Barcelona breathing down your throats. ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

In your dreams my friend, I hope AEK can make a good run in the Champions League. No way you can win the cup where you got Chelsea and Barcelona breathing down your throats. ;)

Well you never know. Greece won Euro 2004, Porto won the CL a few years back and a crap Liverpool side won it too. This AEK team has heart, with a great support at home and alot of of luck anything could happen!

:gr:

this time like the rest of the games aek has played away from home!

i see a easy win for anderlecht!

3-0 or 3-1

plus with milans current form and lilles super away win in france 3-1!

i see a easy win for lille(the milan coach has confirmed he will field a 2nd or 3rd string team ;) )

Poooo Pooooo do i smell a bit of jealousy.

AEK will progress into the knockout round.

2-0 AEK and a resounding 3-0 win by Milan who want to silence its critics.

Milan have prestige and morale to play for so just because they are already through doesnt mean they wont kick some french ass.

Poooo Pooooo do i smell a bit of jealousy.

AEK will progress into the knockout round.

2-0 AEK and a resounding 3-0 win by Milan who want to silence its critics.

Milan have prestige and morale to play for so just because they are already through doesnt mean they wont kick some french ass.

what milan?

milans b or c-side?

milan are without 9! injured players counting gatusso-nesta-dida and so on! :ph34r:

plus ancelotti said he will rest key players like kaka-maldini-costacurta and pirlo!

cause non of the above is performing according to abilitys!

read for yourself and cry!

Milan have been ravaged by injuries this season, and the decision to operate on the duo seems to have been taken hand-in-hand with that to reinforce the defense in January.

As for the game against Lille, Milan are likely to be without as many as nine players - Kaká, Dida, Nesta, Gattuso, Serginho, Favalli, Costacurta, Ambrosini and Cafu. However, the Rossineri are assured of winning group H.

and ofcourse i am gonna bet all the money i have left on the 2(diplo) in this game

Slick13 stop bashing at other Greek teams! :o

We're suppose to support all Greek teams in Europe! <_<

GO AEK!!!!!!!

GERA GERA, GAM* TA MOUN**A!!!

why should i support aek or frinos in europe?

i read so many things about the "big" aek team here and on other forums

but i havent seen them do anything in europe!

especialy away!!!

and if they are so good then they should be able to win the game just like they did versus egaleo away!(with 10 men)

infact they should be able to totally outplay anderlecht!!

prove me wrong and win!

but i have seen plenty of "support" from the hardcore aek newspaper scorelive :box: :box: bashing out on everyone even if we win in europe!

while a shiity team like theirs would have in any other country in europe been in the 3rd division now! but got their debts cleared and after that they take whatever points pao has earned in europe and without any thank you they even try to bash our european wins intead of praising the only greek club worthy of playing outside demistan/kokallistan where they both enjoy "easy" wins week out and week in!

well no thanks!

i am to old for this support all greek clubs shiit in europe

Slick13 stop bashing at other Greek teams! :o

We're suppose to support all Greek teams in Europe!  <_<

GO AEK!!!!!!!

GERA GERA, GAM* TA MOUN**A!!!

i read so many things about the "big" aek team here and on other forums

but i havent seen them do anything in europe!

especialy away!!!

and if they are so good then they should be able to win the game just like they did versus egaleo away!(with 10 men)

infact they should be able to totally outplay anderlecht!!

prove me wrong and win!

but i have seen plenty of "support" from the hardcore aek newspaper scorelive :box: :box: bashing out on everyone even if we win in europe!

while a shiity team like theirs would have in any other country in europe been in the 3rd division now! but got their debts cleared and after that they take whatever points pao has earned in europe and without any thank you they even try to bash our european wins intead of praising the only greek club worthy of playing outside demistan/kokallistan where they both enjoy "easy" wins week out and week in!

well no thanks!

ok.... now your just being too jealous!

Oh and as for the 2nd team playing for Milan...those players generally play very competively to try to earn a spot on the 11ada or at least show that they are worth staying on the team.

Especially with an aging Milan undoubtedly set to revive the team they are going to be playing to impress ancelotti.

2-0 MILAN

btw Milan are offering season ticket holders 1 euro seats in a bid to fill the 80,000 capacity stadium. I smell an asskicking

undoubtbly im worried about wed game i hope milan show up against lille and dont just sit back and collect the tie cuz there already in forsein that aek dont make it in brussel i have faith that sone how aek will pull this one out if there a time to win an away game the time is know dreadfull away rcord for greek clubs you can do it aek i beleive :tup:

well no thanks!

This is precisely the reason that mia zoi mas gamoun ("mas" as in Ellines)... During WW2 we were plundered by the Nazis, finally they leave and we have a civil war, then Junta take power betray Cyprus and we lose an island. Haven't we had enough pain in the last 100 years because we compete with eachother??

In Europe the clubs represent ELLAS! Can't you understand that concpt? When I see AEK play on tuesday it won't be AEK vs Anderlecht, it will be Greece vs Belgium! Stop the jealous outburts, no body here wants to hear them. 80% of the posters on these boards support all Greek teams in Europe so what exactly is the point of what you are doing? Are you trying to cause rivalry between Greeks or just bust balls? Either way you have too much time on your hands, try and improve your non-existent sex life instead of moaning about other Greek teams.

Thank you Ethnikistis for your insights. Slick13, I know your from Denmark (your Greek we can understand) and I live in Sweden. I know this is off topic ( :D ), but how would you feel if your a "die hard Danska fan" & someone from the Sverige supports start bashing at your national team? I'm sure you will be mad crazy. We Sverige fans here in Stockholm love Danksa. We're like "Scandianavian neighbors", during our football matches it's understanding that our "friendship" are set aside, but at the end regardless of the final score, we're still "friends". Me and my Sverige fans do support Danska in Euro 2008 qualifying, we would love to see you guys kick the living crap out of Spain. :LOL:

This whole post does show why we should be in this together, as of we should support all Greek teams in European Club competition.

well no thanks!

This is precisely the reason that mia zoi mas gamoun ("mas" as in Ellines)... During WW2 we were plundered by the Nazis, finally they leave and we have a civil war, then Junta take power betray Cyprus and we lose an island. Haven't we had enough pain in the last 100 years because we compete with eachother??

In Europe the clubs represent ELLAS! Can't you understand that concpt? When I see AEK play on tuesday it won't be AEK vs Anderlecht, it will be Greece vs Belgium! Stop the jealous outburts, no body here wants to hear them. 80% of the posters on these boards support all Greek teams in Europe so what exactly is the point of what you are doing? Are you trying to cause rivalry between Greeks or just bust balls? Either way you have too much time on your hands, try and improve your non-existent sex life instead of moaning about other Greek teams.

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

o yeah... and by the way i changed my name from olympiakosboy to olympiakosthyra7 :D

well either u are a fan of youre own club or u are a fan of all greek clubs!

i will go with the 1st one!

i find it difficult to support clubs ruining greek football in general for their own sake!

to win the championship no matter what! or to win by all means!

like sollied said last year europe will be a mirror where they will look and see what they have achieved!!!

and i really do not see that many frinos fans here or elsewhere supporting pao when they win in europe! or for that sake nightsuffer or the 2nd mouse support pao!

and i really dont expect them to just like they dont expect me to support their teams!

it was only an opinion of mine u dont all have to jump on the bandwaggon just to be their and play cool when u are not!!

end of story

and i still think aek will lose ok!!!!!!!

AEK's most glorious European game was the 3-0 victory and elimination of Queens Park Rangers in the Uefa QF in 1977. :gr:

The biggest win however, in terms of team stature, was the recent one vs Milan :tup:

AEK has already had a very successful Cl. First win ever, unbeaten at home, and most surprising win vs Milan.

AEK has been improving steadily (forget Haidari...).

I believe that the current Greek teams have no chance in the CL elimination rounds.

For the that reason, AEK will be better off in the UEFA.

In spite of that however, I do wish for AEK's first AWAY CL win. :)

Something that only one Greek team has accomplished...

AEK should have beaten Anderlecht at home.

I have been a supporter of RSCA and have attended games in Brussels.

Belgian fans are quite tame. If the rumor of 2.000 Aektzides is true, it will be like a home game. :D

Three Greek teams in Europe during winter will be a rare and great accomplishment.

AEK, ME THN TYXH MAZI SOU !!!

Posted Image

PEACE

Archived