Phantis Forums

Anderlecht - AEK Athens

dark_horse

Can AEK qualify for the last 16? I think they can if they can get a result in Brussels. The way they are playing lately, anything is possible. With 2 Champions League victories add to there tally, coach Ferrer is looking forward to guide his team into the next round. Anderlecht should not be taken lightly, I know they have yet to deliever a win, but in football, nothing is "guranteed on a sliver plater".

Anderlecht's home results in the Champions League

1-1 draw vs. Lille

0-1 loss vs. AC Milan

? vs. AEK Athens

Good luck to our boys in yellow! :gr: :gr: :gr:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now unless Lille can pull off a tie.. AEK is in.. win lose or draw...

You got that wrong, if Lille ties it with AC Milan along with an AEK loss, AEK is heading to the Uefa Cup. Lille beat AEK 3-1 in France, only in Athens they manage to beat Lille 1-0, so on aggregate advantage goes to Lille 3 goals to 2. If AEK simply didn't concede that third goal, then we can have a sight of relief. <_<

Not to get confussing, AEK has 7 pts with Lille 6 pts.

i said UNLESS lille tie.. aek is in.. no matter what they do.

if lille ties.. aek will also need a tie

Guys to put it as simply as possible, AEK need to do as well or beter than Lille on the final game. Personally I'm very worried. When the media asked Ancelloti, he said 'If AEK win in Belgium they don't need to worry about what we do'. That sounds dodgy to me, Milan won't risk players for that game and I think Lille will get a result. Unfortunately I don't think AEK can win in Anderlecht :( I really hope I'm wrong.

I think Ferrer will not even focus the players on the game in Italy. He will fire the boys up for the game and make them forget about the other game. I think it is important for them to get a good result for momentum of the team (and for the extra $$$ the team will get).

It will be difficult to get a result in Belgium. Over the last few years when Greek clubs were usually favoured to do well against Belgian opposition, we have struggled.

Last time AEK played in Belgium they drew against Genk 0 - 0 and in the home match they drew 1 - 1 in the 2002-2003 group stage.

Also we shouldn't forget that AEK could only draw 1 - 1 against Anderlecht at home this season.

However, I believe AEK should go out and aim for victory because they are capable of doing that and also they won't have to rely on Milan doing them a favour.

proceed with caution is the sentence of the day aek have to come out guns a blazing silence the anderlecht faithfull its time to show oly how to take care of business on the road moral is high and it can only get higher lets break this away road curse of a record for greek elite clubs aek gera :box:

I am jealous that Olympiakos is out of the CL but hopefully we can qualify for UEFA

GOOD LUCK AEK GIVE GREECE SOME POINTS FOR NEXT YEAR!!!

I predict 1-1 in Brussles and 2-1 in Italy

AEK OLE!

Its been a while since a Greek team has qualified for the next round of the CL

hope it happens :tup: :gr: :box: :tup: :gr: :box: :tup: :nw:

Any info on how Hellas can score points for the CL next year?

If AEK reach the quarter finals will Hellas get 2 guarenteed spots in the CL of 2007-2008?

our boys need to make the round of 6teen and get that much needed cash that comes with it and get a quality stryker up front to take the load of guys like lybe and ceasr god for bid if one of them go down with an injuiry with be in a pickle dont get me wrong i have faith in most of the lads but we know who is the heart and soul of our club go into the game with no fear like they did with those spaghetti boys play your ass off and good things will happens no body can stop the aek boilermaker were coming for you hopefully a bunch of aeksters go down to brussels and show why aek supporteurs are the 12th aek bopeis bopeis na prokpithis my optimistic score (1-0) scores who else lymbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lymbeeeeeeeeeee........... :tup: one more thing is there any srtykers that demi could eventuallyget throw the winter transfer window

Any info on how Hellas can score points for the CL next year?

If AEK reach the quarter finals will Hellas get 2 guarenteed spots in the CL of 2007-2008?

This is a good question, can someone please answer it? I don't know how the points work so I just want to know what needs to be done for us to have 2 spots in the CL next year. Can someone help?

simply answer we need to keep on winning and hope that teams and country ahead of us keep on slipping if we had to reilly on olympiacos for points we would be swimming with the lobsters go strong aekapa mou and also to pao are rivals get those points we desperately need beat rapid zhto ta ultas eagles

id would finally like to see aek finally break out the scoring machine out on anderlecht enough of this 1-o games they have the potencial to do it it makes me sick to my stomach to see teams like hapoelscoring 4!!!! i said 4 on psg these minnow teams from all over scoring and aek a household name in europe nickking on one goal per match come on fire it up boys :box:

i read emerson will be out of the match between ander good or bad for aek cirillo im very worried about that i hope the youngster can step up and perform i hope they get in shape by game day all of a sudden injuiries are pilling up before one of the biggest games incl in a couples of weeks i hope serrer a couple of asses up his sleeves and weaves his magic

Archived