Phantis Forums

Cyprus - GErmany Euro 2008

bides

Cyprus host Germany in one of ther most important qualifiers in recent history..

Can we knock off the big German machine..I think we can give them a game..Konstantinou and the boys have there work cut out for them but if they all play up to there potential they may suprise them who know..It could get ugly as well..15000 are exoected to show up.. Plenty of scouts and plenty of german reportes..Tront Sollied is there as well to scout Makrides of Apoel..

This is a huge game for Cyprus we can only hope they play for the country and there Greek pride... May God help us!!!

well im going to watch this game with the hope that we score a goal so i can go apeshit, it will be the first time i ever watch the cypriot team play....and probably the last for a long time.

i dont really know much about the cypriot team other than okkas, charalambidis and konstantinou play for it.

But i hope that the cypriots play with greek heart :gr: (because cypriots are greek!!!!!) and take germany to school in a massive upset, 2-1. Also i hope that the fans give the german team s%$#! to south american style, like keep them up all night by making heaps of noise outside their hotel ext. :ph34r: :box: :ph34r:

KYPROU OLE OLE OLE

these are the sorts of games little nations thrive in, cyprus has nothing to loose and germany needs to win the easyer games. i hope that the cypriot fans do a south american display of fair play and not let the germans get any sleep (we need all the help we can get) and make the stadium hell on earth for 2 hours and if this is created well win 2-1.

who is ghoing to stop klose????? a lack of sleep my friend

:box: :gr: :box:

these are the sorts of games little nations thrive in, cyprus has nothing to loose and germany needs to win the easyer games. i hope that the cypriot fans do a south american display of fair play and not let the germans get any sleep (we need all the help we can get) and make the stadium hell on earth for 2 hours and if this is created well win 2-1.

who is ghoing to stop klose????? a lack of sleep my friend

:box:

I just finished watching this match what a great result we could have actually won this game Bravo sta paidia!!! Aloneftis, Okkas, Makrides, Bides, Konstantinou, Georgialides... They play with heart amazing talento from these lads who stopped the German Train..15000 fans went balistic when Okkas vollyed from outside the 18 from Aloneftis cross...Okkas scored again but was ruled offside!!

Watch the highlites should be on you tube soon!! Bravo stin Kypro mas who just tied Germany one one!!!!! i HAD FAITH IN THE BOYS THESE GUYS DID US WELL!!

just finished watching the game on a dely on espn, what a gooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaalllllllllll from okkas i went mental after he equalised, im sure my neibourhood feared for its saftey. OKKAS scored the winner to but that idiot ref ruled offside when it was clearly a fair goal. ANYWAY A 1-1 draw with germania is an amazing result for KYPROS. The germans looked so embarased after the final whistle.

OLE :gr: OLE :gr: OLE :gr: KYRPOU :gr: OLE :gr: OLE :gr: OLE

KYPROU 1-1 GERMANIA

What can I say guys, I would never thought this would be possible. 1-1 draw is by far one of the best results I've seen since the 5-2 trashing of Ireland. Seems to me that they need these Cypriot fans with them in the worst way. :P

Bravo to our boys from the island! GERA KYPROS OLE!!!

Next they face Slovakia AT HOME, I would love to see them get there revenge from there "injustice" defeat from the Slovakians.

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

What can I say guys, I would never thought this would be possible. 1-1 draw is by far one of the best results I've seen since the 5-2 trashing of Ireland. Seems to me that they need these Cypriot fans with them in the worst way. :P

Bravo to our boys from the island! GERA KYPROS OLE!!!

Next they face Slovakia AT HOME, I would love to see them get there revenge from there "injustice" defeat from the Slovakians.

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Cyprus are very good at home, look at the results against big teams at home in recent years:

Cyprus 3 - 2 Israel

Cyprus 3 - 2 Spain

Cyprus 1 - 2 France (this is when France where EU champs and Okkas scored one of the best goals I have ever seen I wish someone could upload it!!!)

Cyprus 0 - 2 France

Cyprus 5 - 3 Ireland

Cyprus 1 - 1 Germany

We can get a result aganst Slovakia if we play with tsampouka!

KYPROS GERA, GERA, KAI GAMA TA MOUNIA!!!! :gr: :nw: :gr: :nw: :gr:

i must have watched that goal 1000 times to date but seriously we scored that second goal fairly, im upset that no fans threw flares at that idiot linesmen. BUT STILL AMAZING RESULT GIA MAS

imagine if cyprus qualified AND THEIR GROUP WAS

1 GREECE

2 TURKEY

3 CYPRUS

4 ITALY

THAT WOULD BE MINT SEEING THE ALL THE GREEKS GO THROUGH TO THE KO PHASE

I worded my last post strangely, i meant the group containing those 4 teams would be awsome, i did not mean that itais or turks are greek.......they wish they were though we all know that the roman copyed the greeks as they were the smarter ones.

if this was the group and cyprus and greece finished at the top i would still be partying in 2017,

Good result for Cyprus as Germany have really picked up lately! :)

If only they could maintain their form away as well as home...

I know! Cyprus are worse than Olympiakos on the road! Okkas, Konstantinou, Alonefti, Haralambidi, and Makridi creates quite an exciting attacking force. However, defensively... :whistle: Alot also has to do with pressure and experience. Someone like Makridi is immensely talented but he plays in Cyprus, in front of small crowds, so imagine what happens what its like for him playing away in Wales for example in front of a crowd of 80,000 at the millenium stadium! But there is some great talent in Cyprus and its shocking that it isn't picked up on more in Greece.

does the welsh football team sell out the millenium stadium?????? last i heard, the only welsh who care about the welsh football team were the players in the welsh football team :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: .

lets not forget that four or five years ago the Greek NT only drew an average crowd of 3,000.

Archived