Phantis Forums

MLS Cup Final 2006

dark_horse

Who will win the MLS Cup?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the MLS Cup?

• Houston Dynamo
    • New England Revolution

Houston Dynamo and New England Revolution both have made the MLS Cup Final after there wins over Colorado Rapids and D.C. United respectively. The MLS website shows the final game is to be held in Frisco, Texas? Where exactly is Frisco? :huh:

Pick who you think would win it all.

One more question, if the team wins the MLS Cup, will they get to play some top European clubs, maybe Olympiakos? :D

I found a list of historic MLS Cup Finals:

1996 - D.C. United 3 - Los Angeles Galaxy 2

1997 - D.C. United 2 - Colorado Rapids 1

1998 - Chicago Fire 2 - D.C. United 0

1999 - D.C. United 2 - Los Angeles Galaxy 0

2000 - Kansas City Wizards 1 - Chicago Fire 0

2001 - San Jose Earthquakes 2 - Los Angeles Galaxy 1 (Extra-time)

2002 - Los Angeles Galaxy 1 - New England Revolution 0 (Extra-time)

2003 - San Jose Earthquakes 4 - Chicago Fire 2

2004 - D.C. United 3 - Kansas City Wizards 2

2005 - Los Angeles Galaxy 1 - New England Revolution 0 (Extra-time)

I HATE US SOCCER WITH PASSION

:angry: :tdown:

the league actually has gotten a lot better and does deserve credit.

only things that dont deserve respect are retarted club names like

"Real" Salt Lake City

"Dinamo" Houston

two retarted things that people dont even know what they mean, just copying something they heard instead of being original. Real means ROYAL. Theres no royal family in USA and there NEVER WILL BE ONE. Monarchy is completly against the american core values.

Dinamo? So Houston is a proud former Soviet city? This was for football clubs in communist countries like USSR, Yugoslavia, East Germany.........and in Houston there ridiculous anticommunists....

malakes

:angry:  :tdown:

the league actually has gotten a lot better and does deserve credit.

only things that dont deserve respect are retarted club names like

"Real" Salt Lake City

"Dinamo" Houston

two retarted things that people dont even know what they mean, just copying something they heard instead of being original. Real means ROYAL. Theres no royal family in USA and there NEVER WILL BE ONE. Monarchy is completly against the american core values.

Dinamo? So Houston is a proud former Soviet city? This was for football clubs in communist countries like USSR, Yugoslavia, East Germany.........and in Houston there ridiculous anticommunists....

malakes

It has gotten better and i agree, but i cant stand watching it because of poor attendance records, and because of what you said

:angry: :tdown:

It has improved, but that still isn't saying much. I do think after 20 years or so, it could turn out to be a pretty good league if they can somehow manage to pull some big names from Europe & South America (as long as their not too old). I was watching an interesting documentary on the New York Cosmos, a US soccer team back in the 70's. They managed to get big stars like Pele, Carlos Alberto, Franz Beckenbauer, & Giorgio Chinaglia. Their average attendance was over 40,000 and some games even topped 70,000! The major downside was that all the other teams had mostly amateur players and couldn't compete with the Cosmos, the league went bankrupt in the mid 80's.

But for now, after watching and appreciating the talent of the English Premier League for many years, there is no way I can enjoy the MLS. I don't even know if I'll watch the final.

I watched some MLS matches, this Canadian player who plays for Houston is something to watch. He reminds me of Djordevic, you know a playmaker with a canny ability to score at any distance. He takes set-piece pretty well. There striker has some good finishes in his scoring touch, I think he's American with a Chinese name. :D Dynamo got a good 1-2 punch.

Houston Dynamo are the MLS Champions, they beat New England Revolution in PK 4-3 while the match ended after extra-time 1-1. It is the 1st championship for the city of Houston, 3rd overall as a franchise (2 with San Jose Earthquakes). Brain Ching of the Houston Dynamo was named MVP of the MLS Cup Final.

Archived