Phantis Forums

SL-R7 (2006-07): Aris - PAOK

Ziaka

On Sunday, October 22, the big Thessaloniki derby takes place between PAOK and Aris at Harilaou Stadium.

PAOK is till without a coach, and all indications are that they will go into the game with temporary coach Sarafis. Also it appears that officially there will there will be no PAOK fans in the stadium as PAE PAOK turned down the Aris offer of 1,200 tickets.

PAOk goes into this agme after the dissapointing tie against Kalamaria, and the subsequent resignation by Ilie Dumitrescu. It will be interesting to see how the team responds in this game.

The game will be televised live on NET in Greece, and on ERT-Sat everywhere else.

yep after a 3-1 loss to Arta I can see big things for us against Skoulikia. I have a bad feeling for us in this game, even though I could not stomach a loss to the worms. Apparently a new coach will be announced over the weekend, but I can't see how that is possible.

This is a must win game, just to prove to the fans that the team is still together. I don't like the decision for the new coach, Vukotic, but the team must move on and play the games, until this circus is finally out of town,

Melissis and Vaggelis will miss the game, because they will come back to Thessaloniki late Friday from a game they had with Armed Forces national team. Poor judgement by PAE PAOK not to ask for the game to be played on Monday.

Also missing the game will be the injured Rebosio and Stojakovic. Looks likeMegahed will take Milissis's place on defense.

You did not miss much as far as football action is concerned. The game was pretty much a boring affair. Aris controlled the game, but failed to create any scoring chances, while PAOK had two clear cut chances to score. Many foulds in this game. On the bright side, very good game by the captain.

You missed however a security guy walking on the pitch to clear some toilet paper right in the middle of a play on the pitch, with a PAOK attacking and ready to pass to a teamate who was positioned in front of the Aris goal. As a result, the ref had to stop the play. Unbelievable.

For the record here the lineup used by Vukotic:

Fernandes, Arabatzis, Konstantinidis, Megahed (76. Melissis), Barcauan, Zagorakis, Iliadis, Balafas, Mieciel (65. Charalambous), Giasemakis, Charalambidis (81.Gonzales)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived