Phantis Forums

Dumitrescu resigns

Ziaka

Today, Ilie Dumitrescu resigned from his position as coach of PAOK FC. He did not give any details. The only reson he gave was that he did not have any support.

PAE PAOK accepted his resignation, and is currently looking for a new coach. The early favourite seems to be Giannis Matzourakis who recently quit as a coach of Xanthi. It should be oted that Matzourakis used to a player at PAOK.

In my opinion this is very bad news for the team, specially right before very cruscial away games against Aris and Larisa.

The reason I think is that he did not get any support, when some of the players (Megahed) started causing problems. Additionaly after the game with Kalamria, the fans also turned on him and I guess he had enough. Additionaly I think he knows that there are hard times ahead as the money from the Salpiggidis sale will run out.

I too believe that currently he was a good coach for the team. I really don't see how Matzourakis, Lamonis and Vlachos can make a difference. I would rather bring in the B' team coach Alexandris, who is doing an excellent job with that team.

There is a rumor going around tha Goumenos called the person who runs Extra Sport radio station and asked him to suggest a possible replacement for Dumitrescu.

The only thing that PAOK needs now is a new owner!!!!!

Well I m a bit surprised, because against PAO he was very motivated and active......

Psychologically nothing indicated such a step.....

I can't understand the PAOK Fans, who were discrediting him last Sunday.

What do they expect ?

Although a bit defensiv....PAOK had a good organisation on the field.

I don't think it's the PAOK fans that drove him to this decision. I think there are things going on behind the scenes that only Dumiterscu and Goumenos know.

There are allready rumors going around that Megahed and Christodoulopoulos will be returning to the team now that he is gone.

Another great coach leaving a Greek club..

What's the matter with those idiots over there? Don't they understand of keeping a coach on the club? We have to be the most ingorant peopel on this damn planet to when it comes to things like these..

I'm definitely not a PAOK fan but this is rediculious.. The man is damn good coach..

PAOK can kiss UEFA goodbye now and can try to find someone else who's less qualified..

:tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

There is a rumor going around tha Goumenos called the person who runs Extra Sport radio station and asked him to suggest a possible replacement for Dumitrescu.

The only thing that PAOK needs now is a new owner!!!!!

Ziaka,

you are 1000% right. If Paok can get rid of Goumenos and replace him with a new decent owner, then things would fall into place and Paok would be a solid soccer club as in the past.

What's up with that Katsabis (spelled correct?) guy? How many times have we heard him that he's moments away from buying the team. He suppose to have deep pockets.

It's very sad to see this happening in Greek soccer. I hope this will be rectified soon.

What else can happen to this team. As a fan it keeps getting more and more frustrating, but the team and the fans have to stick together. The fans of this team is the only consistent factor in this whole thing. Dimitrescu was a good coach, but hey if he didn't want to stay, we can't force him to be here. Look at the bright side, there isn't much more that can go wrong, and with all the turmoil and a tough schedule to begin the season we're still on our feet.

Two things.

Doumitrescou has never stayed with a team for more then a year. I predicted he would quit for one reason or another by december. So do not take it personally.

PAOK Should have been relegated in order for the team to clean up. There are soo many problems with the team, the only way they would clean them up is if they got relegated to div 2 and the owner stepped away because he would not make any money in div 2. Then a real owner can come up and put the team in it's rightful path.

Can't say I'm surprised, more of the same ole, same ole, at PAOK. Hopefully one of these decades PAOK will stabilize as a team and an organization.

I'll say it again, PAOK's problems are not the coaches. It's the people running the team (Goumenos and Co.). Unless those people leave, PAOK will continue to suffer.

Dumitrescu unfortunately showed his bad side again. I think he was a decent coach, but when it appeared that things might be getting tough he quit. As some others pointed out, he has a history of doing that.

The problem that he left behind is that he loaded up the team with players of questionable qualities that he acquired through managers that work with his player agency. I am talking about Barcauan, Rebosio, Zegarra, Gonzales. What will happen with these players? And who will foot the bill for them?

It appears that Matzourakis is the clear favorite to take over, but initial negotiations between Goumenos and MAtzourakis broke off when the Goumenos offered only 18 month contract.

I think Sarafis is acting as the coach right now. He is getting help from Iosifidis and Michailidis as well.

It appears that Matzourkais was talking to Goumenos before Dumitrescu announced his resignation. Maybe that was the reason why he left. However according to Matzourakis he has not spoken to PAOK people since then. Some reports say that Matzourakis has asked Goumenos for some assurance concerning the team finances, and since he did that PAOk has not called him back. I have a feeling we will end up with another clown similar to Fringer.

Any chance of any of these guys taking over the team on a permanent basis? I think we definitely need a coach, but I don't want to put just anyone in there for the sake of saying tha we got a coach, plus I don't know if Matzourakis is the right man for the job.

Archived