Phantis Forums

SL-R2 (2006-07): PAOK - Iraklis

Ziaka

On Saturday PAOK hosts Iraklis in a local derby. PAOK comes from the 0-0 tie with AEK into this game, and the team should seek the first win for this season, considering the difficult schedule that follows.

This game is open to any result in my opinion. Let's hope for a win.

Easy guys. No need to get personal. Anyone is free to post anywhere they want.

Dumitrescu promised that PAOK will play a different game than against AEK. Iraklis did not show too much against Painionios either and both teams will want to prove something. It will be interesting to see what kind of offense will PAOK produce.

Another interesting thing will be the fans of PAOK and if they will show up for the game. It is possible that by the end of the week Goumenos will step down as the president of PAE PAOK and Nikos Vezyrtzis will take over.

Arabatzis will miss Saturdays game due to the red card he received in the AEK game. Zegarra is also questionable.

the game will be televised live on Supersport in Greece and on Antenna Satellite in US/Canada and Antenna Pacific in Australia.

For 5 Euro you can also order a live stream on live.superport.gr

What a game. That is the best I have seen PAOK play in a long time. The defence was slighty creaky at times but hey the players are all human.

Mieciel getting a hattrick against his old club was great, however my man of the match goes to Melissis. He played absolutely amazing.

The whole team played very well however I think Gonzalez and Giasemis need to buck up their ideas.

Torghelle had a torpedo shot saved, iliadis was fantastic and Balafas made a few counter attacks too.

As for Charalambidis he was a totally different player today. Set up Mieciels second goal and run the midfield today. Even Zagorakis, who I despise most of the time had a good game today. Fernandez was solid as usual.

I am a very happy person right now :D

Poios Salpiggidis re??? Mieciel

Bravo PAOK, a great start to the season!

I have a question, wasn't Mieciel supposedly traded early in the off season? What happenend there? Nevertheless, I'm glad we still have him!

I only saw the 2nd half, but they looked pretty good. Seem like a good atmosphere even with it being pretty empty. What was the attendence?

4 out of 6 points is pretty good considering we weren't even going to field a team to start the season.

Great win for the team today. A very solid game across the board. It seemed to me that when Illiadis and Balafas came in, the team raised its energy level, great substitions by Dimitrescu.

I believe adversity is bringing this team together. Season is young, so we have to wait and see, but I like what I see so far. :tup: :tup:

Hollywood, I certainly respect your opinion and perdictions, but Toumba has historically been a hard place for other teams from Thesaloniki to get a win in.

Iraklis, just had a one man attack (Epale) today, and our defense ate up any pressure Iraklis tried to put on. :nono: :nono:

Gee i bet you were on of thoes people who burnt down your city a couple of years ago ey??

Not sure what you're talking about here.

Relax guys . The season still young. A lot can happen ubtil May.

GO PAOK.

Archived