Phantis Forums

Off-Season Moves

ok, let's look at this season's moves..

D-Wade has signed an extension contract with the Heat.. $63M for 3 years.. (maximum) well done :tup:

Chris Bosh has signed an extension contract with the Raptors.. $ 63M for 3 years.. (maximum) may just make this young guy overrated.. :unsure:

Big Ben has signed a new contract with the Bulls.. $60M for 4 years.. overrated for a 32-year-old player who had a very bad last season..

Speedy Claxton has signed a new contract with the Hawks.. $25M for 4 years.. very intelligent move.. :tup:

Peja Stojakovic has signed a new contract with the Hornets.. $64M for 5 years.. a bit too much, I believe.. :whistle:

Andrea Bargnani has been given a rookie-maximum contract.. $ 7.8M for 3 years.. I really have seen nothing of this guy so I can't comment.. he was an average player in the Euroleague anyways..

Paul Pierce has signed an extension contract with the Celtics.. $ 60M for 3 years.. just like Peja.. a bit too higher than default imo.. :blink:

Anthony Parker has signed a new contract with the Raptors.. $ 12M for 3 years.. only time will tell.. :whistle:

Matthew Harpring has signed an extension with the Jazz.. $ 30M for 6 years.. horrible move.. :(

Joel Pryzbylla has signed an extension with the Trail Blazers.. $ 30M for 6 years.. for a player worse then me, that's way too much.. :LOL:

Of all mentioned above, D Wade is by far the best signing. The Heat are real lucky to have him on their side.

The first time I ever heard anything about Bargniani was on draft day. Is he really that good?

Ben Wallace is getting old, but the bulls do need some veteran experience to help them out with an inexperienced but promising team. Not a bad move, but a little too expensive.

Does anyone know how much "Mustache" Morrison is getting? In my opinion he is the best player drafted this year. Lots of intensity, a true competitor. Plus he reminds me of a young Charles Bronson.

I don't know how much he will get but I think Bobcats will become a power in the East in 3-4 years because they have gone for intelligent and young signings since their foundation..

I sense some Italian effect in Bargnani's draft.. Toronto GM is Brian Colangelo, an Italian based American who appointed D'Antoni to Suns and their Sports Director is Mauro Gherardini, former board member from Benetton Treviso, the ex-team of Bargnani.. Keeping in mind the Italian population in the city of Toronto, it's more like a "ad-smelling" move..

But in the mock draft pages, it was written that the 20-year-old Italian has the potential to become a new Nowitzki but it was also noted that he could turn out to be a new Milicich!!

The best player in the draft is Rudy Gay --- yeah, that's a strange name, I accept :) --- who was seen as a long term replacement for Paul Pierce but unbelievably Celtics didn't draft him and he was down to 7th or 8th pick when Rockets picked him up.. Strange enough, along with Stro Swift he was traded to Grizzlies just for Shane Battier!!

The GMs seem to have run off their minds these days!! :blink:

Archived