Phantis Forums

Preseason Friendlies 2006

drakos13

Thread for PAO's friendly games.....

First one is today vs the locals Sation.....

this is not really a friendly/test more of a nice gesture from PAO to the local town......

a better practice would be to play 11vs11 training and PAO's second team would be much better competition for them... but its a nice thing to do

soon we play Sochaux, and Celta Vigo...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

woohoo! and just think, when all the Serie A,B,C,D teams have been demoted Satigion FC will be Serie A and we can say we beat a Serie A team 15-0!!!

:LOL: :P

4 goals on a 'debut'....thats always nice...

im somehwat surprised Pap, Eki didnt score but it doesnt really matter...

The real test is with Sochaux on saturday...

damn. luckily for the osfp fans that you don't play in cl. otherwise you would surely be able to win it, since you have smashed the european powerhouse of sation with 15-0. and the osfp would have to hear that story over and over again. ;) ;)

damn. luckily for the osfp fans that you don't play in cl. otherwise you would surely be able to win it, since you have smashed the european powerhouse of sation with 15-0. and the osfp would have to hear that story over and over again. ;) ;)

beware u might get humiliated on saturday :P

most probably, since ta podia einai piasmena kai oi paixtes molis katalavan oti teleiosan oi diakopes ;)

but so what. these are just friendlies. at least we can't concede another 7 from juve since they are not playing in cl this year... hm... just like you. :P ;)

nonononono. in may osfp and aek will be playing in the cl final with osfp winning it and pao will grab the uefa cup... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

baby steps gavro... first advance...then worry about winning it all...

you went from not advancing to the final of the cl in 1 breath :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

of course. since we didn't reach the final the past 5 years kokkalis got all the money back he payed to the refs and will invest everything this season to bribe them ;) :P

just like the Italians...we'll let Fifa decide when its Cockkalis turn ;)

2-2 with sochaux... our defence needs work or some better players

i Heard that Romero had a very impressive performence against sochaux scoring 2 nice goals...

does anyone have highlights or clips of this match??

P.S who ever watched the game could you please do a rating out of 10 based on each players individual performence and then do one based on the whole team effort?

baby steps gavro... first advance...then worry about winning it all...

you went from not advancing to the final of the cl in 1 breath :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

u concentrate on getting past the first round of the uefa and then the groups

will concentrate on the C.L

To paixnidi to eida diakekomena opws to edeixne h NET.

Pai3ame me dyo diaforetikes endekades sta dyo hmixrona, kai 8a grapsw gia paixtes pou prose3a.

Katarxhn o Romero mou arese. Epai3e ka8ara sas aristeros mesos sto deytero hmixrono kai eixe wraies kinhseis, mpalies, kai gyrize kai markare. Mou ekane entypwsh poy ebgaine san ka8aro senter-for se poles faseis.

o Antonson epai3e sto prwto hmixrono me ton Gouma sthn amyna. Den eida kai pola pragmata, an kai den eginan eykairies mprosta sthn estia mas.

Kata t'alla, sto prwto hmixrono o Galinovic ekane mia la8os e3odo kai fagame ena gkol. O Vintra htan o gnwstos, o Darlas o gnwstos, o Papadopoulos epai3e de3ia olo to hmixrono, o Gekas htan o gnwstos, o Tziolis ekove kai kratouse kala thn mpala, o Biscan etsi ki etsi varys, o Theodoridis epai3e pisw apo tous epi8etikous kai den akoumphse, o Leontiou moiraze omorfa kai grhgora thn mpala otan epaize e3w apo thn perioxh ths soso.

Sto deytero hmixrono, ala3an oloi ektws apo toh Vyntra. O Empente efage ki aytos ena gkolaki alla epiase kai kana dyo eykola sout. Pali omws faseis den eginan gia gkol mprosta tou. O Nilson epai3e deytero amyntiko half dipla ston Andric kai den ton 8ymamai na ekane kai tipota spoudaio, argotera antikatesthse ton Vintra de3ia sthn amyna xwris na piestei poly. Traymatisthke sto teleytaio lepto.

O Seric exei dhmiourghsei seri na mh mporei na kopsei antipalo se man-to-man edw kai ena xrono. Epai3e aristero back kai einai epikyndinos gia thn estia mas opote bgainoun antipaloi apo thn meria tou. Epi8etika, mhden.

O xaralabidhs epai3e de3ia sto kentro kai den ekane tipota idiaitero, o Morris kai o Kotsios ta gnwsta, o Andric ekove kala kai ekane poles la8os mpalies (ta gnwsta), o Gonzales synexizei tis persines kakes emfaniseis tou (epai3e ston kenriko a3wna kai htan aoratos me e3airesh kana dyo kales energeies), kai o Mantizios epaize poly e3w apo thn perioxh kai sta aristera. O Anterson epai3e 20 lepta kai den akoumphse thn mpala panw apo dyo treis fores.

Mou arese pou poles fores ebgaine o Romero san senter-for synexeia, ki to oti kratousame thn mpapa, kontrolarame to paixnidi, kai kaname kapoies wraies faseis apo syndiasmous.

Den mou arese pou h Soso ekane treis faseis kai fagame dyo gkol se faseis pou oloi sthn amyna kolhsan, kai to oti o kalyteros amyntikos mas htan o Goumas 3ana.

gia Hollywood:

Pao - Soso 2-2

Galinovic 3

Vintra 4

Darlas 5

Goumas 7

Antonson 5

Biscan 4

Tziolis 6

Theodoridis 2

Leontiou 5

Papadopoulos 3

Tsigas 3

Gekas 3

Ebede 4

Nilsson 4

Kotsios 4

Seric 1

Morris 6

Andric 5

Charalabidis 4

Romero 7

Gonzales 4

Mantzios 4

Anderson 0

i watched the full game and guys, i think we are going to have a very good team this year...we hav ery very many capable players that just need to develop with each other alittle more..we had someproblems in defense but i saw antosson and i changed my mind..this player will help us..he is fast and strong, good in the air and has very good positioning..he played wth goumas, who played well as well...but i think he should be partnered with morris..the first half we were pretty good..my bigggest concern was pap was playing from the right flank attacking and i dont like that...he looked a bit lost and i think he should be playing n left were he is most dangerous..theodirids did nothing special, he has to step up...biscan played well and will show he is one of the best players on pao..him and tsiolis have a good partnership in the middle that needs to develop...the players looked a bit sluggish but they are also in preseason and from what ive read have been training very hard...bake has been working hard on fitness...darlas and vyntra looked good...vyntra was alittle lost attacking as always, but looked pretty good marking...darlas can only improve..galinovic made a stupid mistake and cost us the goal , but hopefully this is gunna be a rare occasion this year...the second half we looked good as well..nilson was playing as a holdng midfielder with andric and they looked awful...not marking, not running..they are not the pair we want in the middle..nilson got injured at the end of the game and will be out for two week..seric looked aweful..he looked extrmeely tired which hopeully will imprve...romero looked great..this guy will be a star...he ran, he marked, he tackled, he passeed, he dribbled well,he shot, he scored...he worked well with all the attacker even though bidis did not look good..good connection with manztios who also looked on his way to find great form..eki was alittle off cause he was playign alittle too far behind the strikers but as he advanced he looked better...he has to play right behind the midfielders..thats where his magic shows...there were glimpses of argentine magic between the two which is great to see...

overalll you cant judge on one fiendly but if we keep working hard i believe we can have a great team...we have good players, a good mix and lots and lots of options..i am very excited to see the next friendly and see how we progress through the rest of the summer

ive been reading papers here and i also have a friend who works in the media who is in italy following the pre season set up and from what hear the camp is lookng good..the players are getting along well and even though there is some inter-country battling, it seems to be all in good fun..the players are laughing, having a good time, clciking but also working extremely hard...this may seem insignificant, but mental health and the relationships in the team is a huge part of building a strong team...bakke is working them hard but also letting them have fun and joke with each other...if we want to create a unified pao, then this is the way it should be..so i ws very glad to hear that

ummm after what pao123 just wrote, i have nothing to say..

but i just have one question.. where would everyone play. seems as though pap cant play right forward and romero looked so good on the left u dont want to move him.what about darlas? Nillson? bides? gekas? Mantzios? what if we sign jorgensen? or even saviola? who will not be with pao? are we gonna loan out a gekas or a mantzios? too much depth can be great but might cause some problems in the locker room. anyway... better then sayin WE HAVE NO ONE TO PLAY UP FRONT or whatever.

1-1 against celta!

andric put us infront with a "rocket" from way out! but celta scored about 5-6 mins after and then we had 2-3 very good chances.

put after watching this game i really hope that the staff saw(once again) what i saw!

ebede is of danger to have in our squad, he is very afraid of the ball in general so i say lets get rid of him while we have the time ;)

slick13 i agree with.....

1-1 today, and from the very first whistle the team looked much better than over the last 2 years already. They are moving faster and playing more possesion and intelligently. This is still just preseason so we should only get better. Also in terms of DEPTH hands down Panathinaikos has the best team in Greece, probably even all teams east of italy/germany... We have plenty of players who showed they could be starting. Even our backup players like Andric had a great game and show they can play...was moving up on offense, good defense, and a great shot to score...

The ONE exception though is Ebede.......I cant really understand it. Hes kind obvious that hes not for PAO's level.....he sticks out a lot...and come on after being with the GK coach for a year he hasnt gotten better? I think a great/easy/realistic backup would be Andriolas of Atromitos...young off-on u21 player, could learn a lot, doesnt really have the starting place all the time with Atromitos but could still learn alot from our coaching and get some preparation maybe hell be worthy to start one day...And hes better than Ebede of course.

Only problem is defense could use some work. Morris and Gkoumas dont convince me on that goal. and Biscan made a dumb error. Malesani made the mistake of thinking his defense was going to be good enough for the season....im not sure antonsson is enough ... we need another solid CB who can be consistent and then the team will be much more complete (dont get me wrong, things looked good as they are)

Romero looked very good, but i would like to find a way for him and Bidis to be on teh field at the same time.......Bidis has really improved since his first season and his crosses/passes were money today....

All the PAO players look improved to me. This still is a young team and I know we have mostly pessimists who only like to blame but this is a team with a lot of good talent and potential for a great future ahead... Vyntra, Mantzios, Tziolis, Bidis, Leontiou, Theodoridis even they all looked much better players out there.

Drakos, Slick13, PAO123, and the rest who have seen PAO alot this year, could you please give me your opinion on how you think PAO will fair in the UEFA Cup this year? Are you stronger than, say, Tottenham and Sevilla?

PAO are a good side, but its too early to tell something like that.

Tottenham beat Celta 2-0 last week.......

Sevilla? No we are definitly not stronger than them...

The UEFA Cup is not the easy competition it used to be.....its gotten a lot tougher the last 2 years.....even Pap came out and say it. I think going final 4 of the Cup would be the most we could set as a goal, and it would be a good thing.

ey guys dnt get ahead of your selves just yet; remember last year how good we looked in pre-season friendlys and then we all know how the year turned out...

However it is pleasing to see that Pao as a unit seem to b growing and individuals r lifting there game i.e Andric

Archived