Phantis Forums

What do you think about this?

The2ndMouse

Posted Image

Everybody has the right to voice different oppinions about all things in life! But chosing to do it in this way...in an international game...away!...is simply beyond my ability to comprehend.

On top of that, those wise fans dont use the bad word before the Olympics! They place it in front of Athens, thus showing the real target of their tacktless approach...

What do you guys think about their chooise to create it and air it yesterday?

In a free society everyone should have the choice to voice their opinion. If for some it takes a banner at a soccer game to show their difference of opinion with the Olympics and Athens than why not. Obviously it had the desired effect judging from the response in Greek media. If this banner was presented in downtown Thessaloniki, I am sure it would not receive that much publicity. So if you look at it the people that did this got the "most bang out of their money".

I am afraid you might be all wrong. Because,

1. The

In a free society everyone should have the choice to voice their opinion.

is irrelevant. The PAOK supporters have been demonstrating for years through their acts what they think of the freedom of speech when it comes to its use by visiting fans. Not even the victims of their shenanigans would ever think them so crudely hypocritical that they would assert for themselves what so consistently deny to others.

2. The notion that all acts and utterances are protected free speech is delusional.

But most importantly,

3. The banner is not a part of the PAOK-Athens rivalry but, rather, a social commentary by the religious on the thought (of the Olympic committee and the townhall of Athens) to import sufficiently many high class prostitutes so as to adequately service the visitors during the Olympics. It is also an unitentional commentary on the state of public education as the authors really wanted to write:

No fornicating in Athens during the Olympic games

but being syntactically challenged used somewhat cruder words in the wrong order.

strange

is this the opinion of many Paok fans, and, more commonly, in Northern Greece living Greeks

or is it just the opinion of some Paok ultra's?

are they against the Olympics in Athens, or against all sorts of Olympics anywhere in Greece?

Here is a view from a PAOKtzi writing in Contra.gr:

Ypokrisia 2004

I read it. And my conclusion is that either he is too dumb and does not know what he is talking about or he does not have much respect for the readers of Contra.

The classical ploy, whenever you are accused of something that you cannot deny, is to draw a list of all the shortcomings of the accuser, all the plausible grievances of the accused and then accuse the accuser(s) of being hypocritical.

In the end, the author of the mini-article covered everything but the specific act.

If this is the best line of defense the PAOK supporters are capable of, they can as well admit they are too dumb to know what they are doing and as they used to say back home

• 4 weeks later...

Archived