Phantis Forums

Bitter Portugal Fans!

plato-ny

Banner seen at Portugal-Angola WC game:

Posted Image

It says afterward: "Defensive football. Go Home"

What bitter fans they are!!! Get over it!!! Its been 2 years!!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They can say anything they want. The only reality is that we are the Euro champions and we beat them twice in their house. Oh and by the way they only scored 1 goal against Angola. They really achieved something. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

that was probably one idiot...not all of them...

as for that banner...defensive football go home??? what a ###### idiot. theres no rule saying you have to throw players forward and expose your back line... why because portugal plays "pretty" or attacking football? to be honest...they never seemed to . int th euro they played 6 games and 30 mins (extra time) and we played 6 games and 15 mins .........portugal had 8 goals total and we had 7.........ONE GOAL DIFFERENCE. Not that much difference there.

nd unfourtnuatly Iran looked a bit shaky so they wont be able to compete with portugal..... this portugal team isnt really going far i dont think

That's extremely petty on the part of those Portuguese fans.

I would have thought they had enough time to get over it. It's been 2 years.

The great Portugal could only manage a solitary goal against Angola! I think these people should look at their own house, before throwing stones at others.

That's extremely petty on the part of those Portuguese fans.

I would have thought they had enough time to get over it. It's been 2 years.

The great Portugal could only manage a solitary goal against Angola! I think these people should look at their own house, before throwing stones at others.

agree

portugal you put 1 in vs angola......what attacking football :LOL:

btw in 2004 portugal played greece (IN PORTUGAL) THREE times. and beat them NOT ONCE.

1-1 (friendly

1-2

0-1

TO PORTGUAL- WE WERE LAUGING AND MAKING FUN OF YOU BY THE HUNDRED THOUSANDS IN THE KALLMIMARMARO AND STREETS WHILE OUR BUS PULLED IN WITH THE TROPHY AND LIFTED IT IN ATHENS...

HAS PORTUGAL EVER HAD SUCH A MOMENT? WILL THEY EVER. NOPE!

DE VALATE MYALO

DE VALATE MYALO

P***** STH PREMIERA

P***** KAI STO TELIKO

who cares... Platini was worse. What I don't like these days is that everyone is for offensive football, I have no problem with defensive football... its a part of the game and when its done well its enjoyable to watch. The only football

I find boring is one that is poorly played (players not being able string passes together, dirty play). A game without goals can still be a good game. Arsenal played exactly like us, no one had a problem with that. The champions league final reflects that entirley.

Ela paidia, its only a bit of fun! When we won it the whole stadium applauded our team as our players did a lap of honour. What other nation would have done that (except Serbia and when they do it its because of ethnic/religious reasons), the Portuguese did it out of pure sportmanship. They are nice people guys, so what if a few fans wanted to get a little dig in football rivalry?? We played them 3 times in 2004, all in Portugal. The scores were 1-1 (and we were playing with 10 men for 60 mins). 1-2, and 0-1, they're entitled to have a hard on since we always ###### them!

:gr: :gr: :gr:

who cares... Platini was worse. What I don't like these days is that everyone is for offensive football, I have no problem with defensive football... its a part of the game and when its done well its enjoyable to watch. The only football

I find boring is one that is poorly played (players not being able string passes together, dirty play). A game without goals can still be a good game. Arsenal played exactly like us, no one had a problem with that. The champions league final reflects that entirley.

Dude Arsenal are the most attacking team in Europe after Barca

who cares... Platini was worse.  What I don't like these days is that everyone is for offensive football, I have no problem with defensive football... its a part of the game and when its done well its enjoyable to watch.  The only football

I find boring is one that is poorly played (players not being able string passes together, dirty play).  A game without goals can still be a good game.  Arsenal played exactly like us, no one had a problem with that.  The champions league final reflects that entirley.

Dude Arsenal are the most attacking team in Europe after Barca
what are you talking abotu!?!??!!?

Arsenal !?!??! They only made it to the final through GREAT DEFENSE. Toure/Senderos were the best centerback combinations in the tournament. and took the team up there.

they never looked like an "attacking" team and do not compare in attacking at all to Barcelona...

if you want to talk about the next big attacking team to Barca there is no comparison in offensive play between LYON and Arse-nal.....

Turkcell:

jealousy.

guys, face it...

it was a burst of form from nearly all the players and with some defensive greatnes and good luck, you came victorius...

but it's sure not a success to be underestimated... though keep in mind that Greece is the ONLY European Champion who COULD NOT qualify for the following WORLD CUP... ;) that makes sense, huh?!

by the way, I don't want to be accused of jealaousy so I'm also going to say that TURKEY is probably the only THIRD-PLACED team that hadn't qualified for the forthcoming WORLD CUP... We had a brilliant generation ---consisting of GALATASARAY 96-2000 squad--- and when we lost it we were done...

The same problem goes for Greece... When Kapsis, Dellas, Basinas...etc got old, the team started to fail to show its consistency, that meant 4th place in the qualifiers... ;)

I won more than a few YTLs on Greece's victory on bet... :tup:

turk was the Yeni Lira out yet in summer 2004??

mostly you are right. But we still do have a stron and increasing program but mistakes in form and specific players as well as the coachs ridiculous resilience to keep playing them no matter what we didnt make it....Nikopolidis blew that albania game and Ukraine away for example.....

but stupid signs like this are pretty sad. Honestly i seriously doubt portugal would have qualified from the group we had either.

and meanwhile benfica fans prasie Karagkounis attacking ability :LOL:

anyways from Contra.gr 'Paparazzi' and their response, another reason to love paparazzi :tup:

but it's sure not a success to be underestimated... though keep in mind that Greece is the ONLY European Champion who COULD NOT qualify for the following WORLD CUP... ;) that makes sense, huh?!

Denmark did not qualify for the 1994 World Cup after winning Euro 1992.

guys, face it...

it was a burst of form from nearly all the players and with some defensive greatnes and good luck, you came victorius...

but it's sure not a success to be underestimated... though keep in mind that Greece is the ONLY European Champion who COULD NOT qualify for the following WORLD CUP...  ;)  that makes sense, huh?!

by the way, I don't want to be accused of jealaousy so I'm also going to say that TURKEY is probably the only THIRD-PLACED team that hadn't qualified for the forthcoming WORLD CUP... We had a brilliant generation ---consisting of GALATASARAY 96-2000 squad--- and when we lost it we were done...

The same problem goes for Greece... When Kapsis, Dellas, Basinas...etc got old, the team started to fail to show its consistency, that meant 4th place in the qualifiers...  ;)

I won more than a few YTLs on Greece's victory on bet...  :tup:

Denmark of 1992 and Czechoslovakia of 1976 did not qualify. Shows how much you know, "The Turk"

Portugal's qualification was easy through Slovakia, Russia, and Estonia coming in second, third, and fourth place. Compare that to Greece competing with Ukraine, Turkey, and Denmark. The qualification now for Portugal has Iran and Angola (both doormats) and Mexico (a team that never got passed the second round of WC without being the host nation).

As for Greece being criticized for defense in Euro 2004, how about Trinidad playing 100% defense and tying Sweden 0-0 and nobody criticizes them? How about Portugal and England sitting on 1-0 leads halfway through their matches and nobody criticizes them?

Greece won without winning in penalties and without any controversial calls or controversial penalties. Playing defense is not illegal. Ask the Italians. In 2 games against Portugal: Greece 3 Portugal 1 (IN PORTUGAL). Portugal's "pretty" soccer scored 8 goals while Greece's "ugly" soccer scored 7 goals.

Oh, and nice to see Cristiano has finally become a man:

Posted Image

Well, Portugal did win a trophy. But Greece shattered it into blue and white fragments:

Posted Image

Portugal's qualification was easy through Slovakia, Russia, and Estonia coming in second, third, and fourth place. Compare that to Greece competing with Ukraine, Turkey, and Denmark. The qualification now for Portugal has Iran and Angola (both doormats) and Mexico (a team that never got passed the second round of WC without being the host nation).

As for Greece being criticized for defense in Euro 2004, how about Trinidad playing 100% defense and tying Sweden 0-0 and nobody criticizes them? How about Portugal and England sitting on 1-0 leads halfway through their matches and nobody criticizes them?

Greece won without winning in penalties and without any controversial calls or controversial penalties. Playing defense is not illegal. Ask the Italians. In 2 games against Portugal: Greece 3 Portugal 1 (IN PORTUGAL). Portugal's "pretty" soccer scored 8 goals while Greece's "ugly" soccer scored 7 goals.

Oh, and nice to see Cristiano has finally become a man:

Posted Image

Well, Portugal did win a trophy. But Greece shattered it into blue and white fragments:

Posted Image

Just want to know if this :P TSONDA :P was done before the EURO triumph????

I thought we gave them a good aggouri in the the final :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Looks like Sook-naldo can't get enough :o

All I have to say to those 3 loser fans with the banner is:"Keep Dreaming" :LOL: :LOL:

Archived