Phantis Forums

Summer 2006 transfer period

Ziaka

Mumin signed with PAOK at the start of last season. Unfortunately he suistained a very serious injury and missed most of the season. Only at the end of the season he got a chance to play in one or two games.

As for next season, if PAOK plays in the A' Division, Mumin should get more chances, because a lot of the players will leave the team.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daniel Fernandez was paid 40,000 Euro and received a check for 31,000 Euro to be cashed later. Following this he has withdrawn his prosfygi.

Christos Karypidis will receive 50,000 Euro by Monday. As a result he will withdraw his prosfygi as well. PAOK owes 186,000 Euro to Karypidis as part of his prosfygi.

Megahed has given PAOK a warning until Monday July 3rd before he files his prosfygi.

Vryzas signed a two year contract with Xanthi. Would have liked for him to help play a role along with Zagor in saving PAOK.

Also Tohouroglou has filed for prosfigi, while Kostandinidis has been offered a 1yr deal on less money. He will reply in a day or two.

During today's press conference Ilie Dumitrescu said that he would like to bring in between 3 - 5 players to fill positions onthe roster. One of the players he had in mind was Aloiuta, but he has signed with another team.

As far as Shikabala is concerning, the player appears to have a problem with the Egyptian army. he needs to serve for at least one year. For that reason he can't leave the country. At least that is the official version. Dumitrescu said that if it will help the team, PAOK can loan or sell the player.

No he is in the first team. I would say he is trustworthy unlike some other defenders that miskick the ball. He wins all the headers. If you get him at a low price then I would say that you grabbed a bargain. He may also be handy for Champs League....

No he is in the first team. I would say he is trustworthy unlike some other defenders that miskick the ball. He wins all the headers. If you get him at a low price then I would say that you grabbed a bargain. He may also be handy for Champs League....

thank you paok4. im sure i wont be disappointed if we sign him

yes,he will be handy in the forthcoming champs league campaign :tup:

is there any reason he would leave, or just fancy a stepping stone to the english prem?

PAOK are unfortunately in disarray. Economic problems are taking their toll and the recent banning from the UEFA Cup was the last straw for some of the players. He's promising but I wouldnt suggest he's good enough to be thinking of the EPL yet, so I'm guessing he's leaving because of the problems. Real shame to see PAOK like this

Karypidis is a decent defensman. Similar style to Dellas, but not as good. He was integral part of the Greek U-21 NT. I would say he could be the replacement for Dellas on the senior NT, but it appears that Otto is sticking with Dellas currently.

Is he vital? Well to tell you the truth he is vital to PAOk currently. The problem at PAOK is that defense is the weakest link on the team, and Karypidis stood out among the poor defensmen. I really doubt that he is EPL caliber though. He is replaceable.

The problems at the team are partly the reason he might be leaving, but Karypidis is a hard-core PAOK fan at heart. However I think he sees this as an opportunity to launch his European career. The reason I'd hate him go is that he is a fairly solid player and PAOKtzis at heart.

so you think he will win his place at tynecastle? i mean,i no the scottish league is nowhere near the epl,but we dnt just take anyone!

im sure he will excel here :tup: ,another greek,to go alongside takis :D

i think he may break into the 11 but it may take him a bit of time...he is passionaate player and as ziaka said stood out at paok..best of luck to him and heart!

Looks like Hearts are offering 150K Euro plus whatever PAOK owes to the player in back wages. PAOK officials are going to turn down this offer, branding it a "joke". They will tell Hearts to come up with a better offer.

I heard too that Venetidis would like to come back to PAOK, but he is coming back from a very serious injury. I think this is one reason why he has not found a club since he was released by Olympiakos. Supposedly iraklis and aris allready talked with the player. During today's press conference, Dumitrescu said that he is not interested in either Venetidis or Koulakiotis.

In other transfer rumors, Liverpool is supposedly interested in Christodoulopoulos, offering 300K Euro for the player.

Also it appears that PAOK might be willing to sell Shikabala. Dumitrescu said that Shikabala has 3 different managers, and all three are confusing the situation. However the PAOK coach said that since Shikabala does not want to come back to PAOK it might be good idea to sell him. Allegedly Ajax and Alkmaar have expressed interst in the player offering something in the range of 600K Euro.

PAOK is interested in Psomas (Aigaleo) and Perone (Ionikos).

Also Voskopoulos and pechlivanidis will be promoted from the PAOK "neon" team to the main squad.

Archived