Phantis Forums

Summer 2006 transfer period

Ziaka

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For starters, here are the players, whose contracts with PAOk expire on June 30, 2006:

Tochoroglou

Ekgomitis

Maladenis

Konstantinidis (there is a 1 year renewal option on his contract)

Who should not be renewed for next season?

Maladenis - should NOT have his contract renewed. It should have never been picked up in the first place.

Touxorouglou - not sure about this one. If Fernandez jets off (Man Utd?) then obviously the team will need someone who is capable and experienced.

Konstantinidis - showed some promise earlier on while playing with Shikabala but petered out in the last little while. I'd rather keep a veteran presence on the team but nothing long term. Turf him after next season's end to make room for the youngsters.

Ekgomitis - Bye-bye!

Unfortunately, I think we're only going to be reading about the players that are going to be saying sayonara to the club in the next few months. Any transfers in will be minimal at best....which ultimately might be for the best.

I agree. Maladenis has to go. Ekgomitis as well. His days with PAOK are over. He has nothing else to offer to the team. Time to thank him for his past services. I would also drop Tochoroglou and go with the youngster Kyriakidis as Fernandez's backup.

Now for some rumors.

Manchester United has expressed interest in Fernandez according to some Greek newspaper reports. However there is no mention of any of this in British press.

With Shikabala not returning from Egypt from his Easter break, I believe he an his manager have decided to somehow break from the PAOK contract. It should be noted that right before the Easter break, Shikabala dropped his Greek manager, and signed up with an Egyptian one. This will be an interesting event to watch.

As for Salpiggidis, today Dumitrescu said he is not for sale to any Greek team. He said that he will never approve the sale of this player. he also added that if any foreign teams wants to pay around 8 million Euro, he would give the green light.

Finally some news reports yesterday mentioned that Zagorakis is seriously considering not to continue at PAOK next season because of the uncertainity of who will be running PAOK then.

I would assume that the players PAOK wants to keep or at the least sell are paid up or can be covered with a last minute payment. I am talking about players such as Salpi, Shikabala, Fernandez, Zagorakis. Christodoulopoulos, Iliadis. Players that other teams are sniffing around. If that's not the case, than Goumenos is completely inept.

As for Feutchine, I don't think he will be mised at all. After his last year tirade, he has not been the same.

I think the next prosfygi can be expected from the likes of Udese.

Of the players listed above whose contracts expire, I should also mention Giasemis, whose contract expires, but there is a 2 year option clause in his contract, meaning that if the team decides not to exercise the option, they will have to pay him to leave.

This came out of left field now didn't it? Who was expecting this?

Tsiartas has never been one to hold back with comments. So you would tend to believe him and what was posted.

I don't believe this however.

It's interesting to note that all of this occurred with Dumitrescue's approval as well. So it stands to reason that all of this was quite recent. Which really makes you wonder what the hell Goumenos and Dumitrescue were thinking given the economic affairs of the club. Not to mention Tsiartas's reputation about playing/money issues. Why would he come to a club which couldn't pay him?

Anyway, whether it's true or not is a moot point. The club can't afford a bag of footballs...much less an old, but very talented, whiny football player.

Agreed. Who cares if the Tsiartas story is true. Him coming to the team would have created more problems. It's apparent the team went in the direction of youth at the beggining of the season.

I think what is more important is for the team to protect the talent that we have on the team right now. We can't be losing players like Shikabala, Iliadis, etc. to "prosfyges".

Udese was persuaded by Zagorakis and the other players to hold on until after the game with Kalamaria to file the appeal with EPAE. His manager says that on Monday udese will file the prosfygi unless he is paid the money owed to him (around 180 K Euro). The player has decided to file the appeal with EPAE instead of FIFA, which means that PAOK has 10 days to pay him up. If he filed with FIFA, PAOK would owe the money right away and would also be punished by FIFA with points deductions and ban from European competitions.

PAOK has never been able to hold onto overly tallented players for long periods of time... well... not since the game became all about money anyway.. Just look at all the guns we ve lost to the Athenian 'koproskila' over the years

Firstly Goumenos needs to go! Once that happens PAOK need cheap but talented young players! In Cyprus for example, there is an array! Makridis, Marios Loukas, Liassos Loukas, Georgiallidis, Woube, etc. Or how about players on loan? Youth players from teams like Arsenal, or Juve, etc Arsenal's Justin Hoyte, for example, is a talented right-back with no hope of first team football. He just spent a season on loan at Sunderland and he and his club might be willing to try out some UEFA Cup experience!

The latest is that Ekgomitis is ready to file prosfigi. Also Zagorakis telling reporters in Melbourne that he will honor his contract with PAOK, which has one more season left.

Finally Spor tou Vorra is reporting that Santos, now that he is the coach of Benfica, has told the owners of his new team to try and go get Salpiggidis from PAOK.

The latest is that Ekgomitis is ready to file prosfigi. Also Zagorakis telling reporters in Melbourne that he will honor his contract with PAOK, which has one more season left.

Finally Spor tou Vorra is reporting that Santos, now that he is the coach of Benfica, has told the owners of his new team to try and go get Salpiggidis from PAOK.

It pains me to say this, because I have a soft spot for PAOK but Salp is stupid if he doesnt go. So sad that such a wonderful club with such passionate support has degenerated to this extent!

:gr: :gr: :gr:

O SALPI DEN THELEI NA FUGEI AFOU EINAI KAI AFTOS PAOKTZIS.

DEN THELO NA TO PW ALLA THA EINAI KALITERA GIA TIN KARIERA TOU NA PAEI STI BENFICA. AFOU LEFTA DEN PAIRNEI APO TON PAOK KAI THA EXEI TIN EUKARIA GIA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ME TI BENFICA.

FTAIEI O GOUMENOS POU MAS TELEIOSE TA ONEIRA...

ELPIZO NA MIN FUGEI OMOS (O Salpi)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived