Phantis Forums

You got your wish

thrylos

To all those PAO fans that weren't happy with Malazeni, here is a link on information how he is gone and a new coach is on his way

http://www.sportnet.gr/showreport.asp?Spor...ReportID=110562

I think it is a big mistake to change coaches. The constant change of coaches, philosophies, and styles is hard for the players to adapt to year-after-year. I guess here is another year of mediocracy.

To all those PAO fans that weren't happy with Malazeni, here is a link on information how he is gone and a new coach is on his way

http://www.sportnet.gr/showreport.asp?Spor...ReportID=110562

I think it is a big mistake to change coaches. The constant change of coaches, philosophies, and styles is hard for the players to adapt to year-after-year. I guess here is another year of mediocracy.

Wait a minute my friend... I'm a THRYLO fan as well and I can't agree w/ you on this.. Look at our club.. How many coaches have we gone through in the past lets say 5 yrs... Who is not to say that Sollied might get the axe if the club doesn't perform next Champions League season??... It's part of the Greek way if you ask me and I think that the players are used to Head coaches coming in and out.

Is it the right thing to do to a top clun in any League? HELL NO! But we don't look at other top leagues and maybe see how their front offices are run all the way down to their coaches.... Greeks want change and they want it NOW and it always catches up with them and doesn't turn to be good...

Good post evalagoal but the thing is Malezani has had over a season with us now and I think thats enough time. He's pretty much shown us what he's about and its time to move on to someone else who WILL stay with us for at least several seasons. I don't think Malezani is the right guy to stick around that long term based on his comments which didn't seem to be based on any philosophy or good idea but rather a defense of his job. We can build on what we have now and raise the level of performance to the point where we can seriously look at something positive in Europe within the next couple of years. But that means NOT selling our best players!

Good post evalagoal but the thing is Malezani has had over a season with us now and I think thats enough time. He's pretty much shown us what he's about and its time to move on to someone else who WILL stay with us for at least several seasons. I don't think Malezani is the right guy to stick around that long term based on his comments which didn't seem to be based on any philosophy or good idea but rather a defense of his job. We can build on what we have now and raise the level of performance to the point where we can seriously look at something positive in Europe within the next couple of years. But that means NOT selling our best players!

the last coment is right on the money my friend.

the udinese game in the CL sealed his fate for me & i was a backer of Malezani

the loss to Udinese and the tie against Xanthi are two games in which Malezani can be judged as a coach. His strategy was clearly present in those two coaching disasters.

Fellas... I'm a coach here in the US and I have a C License getting ready to go up-to a B in about 6 months... I coch in a very competitive league here and I've seen it all (wether be from TV or live in front of me)

When coaches make decisions to "gamble" in order to (a) make the team get that extra boost or push to get what they want or (B) to make themselves look good.

How many times have we seen a coach to a susitution and all of a sudden that player scores or the team hits 2 to 3 goals against a team and they go to win. Most of the time it's because of players but I can honestly say that it has to do w/ tactical coaching as well.... Malesani was never understood in Greece and will never be. I'm not saying that he was an amazing coach but he's good for Italy and some other countries like Turkey or some of the Balkan countries to share some of his knowledge... and that's it.

That's the way coaching is soccer is and there's nothing to do about it... Some coaches based on background are great in some countries and some are not..

No matter what, I it's good that he's gone for the morale of the club, it's just that everyone also has to look towards the future and to make the team and Greek league a better league as a whole...

Problem is, there are very few greek teams and fans that have patience. You will get some decent coach in there and by next winter if he has not beaten Oly and AEK and progressed in Europe he will be gone as well. I dont even think Alex Furgerson would last... honestly. You have had some GREAT coaches over the years that have been run out of PAO because lack of patience (and that goes for all Greek teams). I was not a real fan of Melanzani, but I will say this he really did a great job of building your younger players. Unfortunately, young players are not consistent and rarely are when built up from scratch. Now they have to start learning a new style all over again from another coach. And again unfortunately they will be through another learning process during the training camp/beginiing of next season and into the first round of Europe. That already makes the new coach look bad - right off that bat.

I truely believe that if Consensau played like the all star he was supposed to, you would be sitting pretty, because it would have opened a ton of things up for Gonzalez and you would not have had to rely on the performance of your green youths for every day games...

Sure, you can bring in a big name new coach... but the current patience of the greek system already starts him in the negative.

This is all m#$%!zani managed to achieve this year:

1) Getting knocked out by Ergotelis in the Cup.

2) the 5 goal thrashings in Europe.

3) Playing so many players out of their natural positions(Biscan,Gonzales)

4) Changing systems in every game

5) Couldnt ever motivate his players to play hard and have some pride

6) Thinking that 3 rd place is OK for a team like PAO.

7) Believing that the team is improving

8) Leaving Mantzios and Leontiou on the bench in so many game and saying that they need more experience first before they play

9) Saying that Gonzales wants to play at DM and that Biscan is a defender and not a midfielder but its just that they dont know it.

10) Disrespecting the memory of 1971 Wembley team as a not a big thing.

11) Playing Theodorides, a natural left footed player on the right side of midfield.

12) Never playing Torghelle who was brought in to replace Konstantinou.

13) Using his wife as an excuse of leaving to save face when the entire world knows that he has failed and is getting FIRED.

:tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

P.S if he wasnt as bad as these points indicate then i would have wanted him to stay another season however he was brutal in the end....

Problem is, there are very few greek teams and fans that have patience. You will get some decent coach in there and by next winter if he has not beaten Oly and AEK and progressed in Europe he will be gone as well. I dont even think Alex Furgerson would last... honestly. You have had some GREAT coaches over the years that have been run out of PAO because lack of patience (and that goes for all Greek teams). I was not a real fan of Melanzani, but I will say this he really did a great job of building your younger players. Unfortunately, young players are not consistent and rarely are when built up from scratch. Now they have to start learning a new style all over again from another coach. And again unfortunately they will be through another learning process during the training camp/beginiing of next season and into the first round of Europe. That already makes the new coach look bad - right off that bat.

I truely believe that if Consensau played like the all star he was supposed to, you would be sitting pretty, because it would have opened a ton of things up for Gonzalez and you would not have had to rely on the performance of your green youths for every day games...

Sure, you can bring in a big name new coach... but the current patience of the greek system already starts him in the negative.

Completely agree...

This is all m#$%!zani managed to achieve this year:

1) Getting knocked out by Ergotelis in the Cup.

2) the 5 goal thrashings in Europe.

3) Playing so many players out of their natural positions(Biscan,Gonzales)

4) Changing systems in every game

5) Couldnt ever motivate his players to play hard and have some pride

6) Thinking that 3 rd place is OK for a team like PAO.

7) Believing that the team is improving

8) Leaving Mantzios and Leontiou on the bench in so many game and saying that they need more experience first before they play

9) Saying that Gonzales wants to play at DM and that Biscan is a defender and not a midfielder but its just that they dont know it.

10) Disrespecting the memory of 1971 Wembley team as a not a big thing.

11) Playing Theodorides, a natural left footed player on the right side of midfield.

12) Never playing Torghelle who was brought in to replace Konstantinou.

13) Using his wife as an excuse of leaving to save face when the entire world knows that he has failed and is getting FIRED.

:tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

P.S if he wasnt as bad as these points indicate then i would have wanted him to stay another season however he was brutal in the end....

hollywood....dont take posts from that site. most of them are retarted.

5,7,8,10,11,12 are BS and 13 is nobodys business but his own.

i assume you tried to curse me out and got edited....when i said retarted...i meant the users there not ur posts btw.

anyways.....ill reply anyways

5) about pride----i wouldnt say the players have no pride thats rediculous. Eki Gonzalez has tons of pride, he loves this club like any of us he states it way too much... Gkoumas the same, Mantzios stated he was still glad to join PAO.....there is pride.

8) Did that happen? No. Leontiou to an extent but he was still used in big matches and even started vs Barca....Mantzios got shitloads of PT he wasnt supposed to get anythis year behind Pap,Gkekas, Manolis and Sandor.

10) no disrespect was said....he just said to forget it and look to the future. Maybe its disrespect i was a bit ticked but its also REALISM.

11) the guy who said this has really never heard of that type of move? there are definitly advantages to it.

12) torghelle wasnt getting it done why the hell should he play

13) thats really not our business just Alberto's....you dont know if its an excuse or not...

dont take it personally man i have nothing against you you or what you think but most of those guys on that forum have no clue...

i assume you tried to curse me out and got edited....when i said retarted...i meant the users there not ur posts btw.

First of all i edited it my self and the reason why i edited it was because half way through explaing my point of view i realised were going around in cirlces and there is no point in debating it. I aint gonna change ur mind and u aint gonna change mine, however that post that i posted from that other site was 90% spot on in my point of view and thats why i posted it....

However thanks for assumin the worst in me ;)

Malezani Leaves Panathinaikos

Italian coach Alberto Malezani is officially history for Panathinaikos. As expected, Malezani met with club President Yannis Vardinoyannis and the two men came to an agreement to terminate the contract, since the Italian coach’s family commitments proved an unsurpassable obstacle. However, Malezani will hold the reins of the club’s technical leadership for the last two championship rounds, where the team will try to take advantage of any possible hiccup by AEK and finish in second place in the rankings, which leads to next season’s Champions League. The Italian coach will probably be succeeded by Sweden’s Hans Backe, 54, who has been holding talks with Panathinaikos’ administration

http://news.ert.gr/en/newsDetails.asp?id=17151

THANK GOD :nw:

next year around this time will be having the same conversations as to who the next coach of PAO wil be

well to this point it looks like Pao won't be in C.L. next season

and they certainly won't win the championship next season thats for sur e

so i guess u can say they will be looking for a new coach right about this time if not earlier lol

Olympiakos#1

so i guess u can say they will be looking for a new coach right about this time if not earlier lol

Olympiakos#14

AEK have to play Kalamarias away and Ksanthi at home. Both are tough fixtures, so its not certain PAO arent in the CL yet thats for sure.

As for not winning next year you have no idea what will happen. The best youth in Greece have a full year of experience now. PAO has improved over the season, we are only getting better.

OSFP will have rusting rivaldo, djordjevic, georgatos, shurrer overated kotadinou, toure who is good and who knows how useful marko ne is.....zevlakov too....theres nothing definite about OSFP winning s%$#! either. It looks like theyre going to waste Pappas by buying Borja which gives all of Greece ANOTHER reason to hate OSFP!!!!

Olympiakos#14

AEK have to play Kalamarias away and Ksanthi at home. Both are tough fixtures, so its not certain PAO arent in the CL yet thats for sure.

As for not winning next year you have no idea what will happen. The best youth in Greece have a full year of experience now. PAO has improved over the season, we are only getting better.

OSFP will have rusting rivaldo, djordjevic, georgatos, shurrer overated kotadinou, toure who is good and who knows how useful marko ne is.....zevlakov too....theres nothing definite about OSFP winning s%$#! either. It looks like theyre going to waste Pappas by buying Borja which gives all of Greece ANOTHER reason to hate OSFP!!!!

Improved?

if u call as hollywood said from 2.5 to 3.5 out of 10 improvement.. u stil have a long way to go

Olympiakos#14

Improved?

if u call as hollywood said from 2.5 to 3.5 out of 10 improvement.. u stil have a long way to go

first off there no statistics in that only personal opinon. anybody who saw the team at the begining of the year and compares it to now knows the team is much better. We had a long winning streak 2nd half, got unlucky with Ksanthi and took a loss to iraklis....the team is performing better.....Gkekas, Bidis, Pap, Tziolis, Eki, Biscan----compare how those players played at least with now and the begining of the season....huge difference doesnt matter what side you look at it from.

Point is its way too early to judge next years PAO because there will be a new coach a few signings and like i said the best youth in greece is +1 year experience....things will go better.

Archived