Phantis Forums

PAOK players unpaid again

Ziaka

It's no secret that Giannis Goumenos ran out of money for this season. As a result the players have not receved any paychecks since December. Many of the players have the options of filing prosfyges with EPAE to be set free agents.

yesterday Goumenos went to Athens to beg for money. He returned to Thessaloniki with around 250,000 Euro, which he received from PUMA as part of their agreement for next season. Goumenos tried to pay the players today, but four of the players refused the money claiming that it's not the full amount that is owed them. Players refusing the payments were Zagorakis, Salpiggidis, Konstantinidis and Karypidis.

There will be tough time ahead for PAOK, and if nothing is done soon, many of our good players will leave for free.

This situation sucks! What a disaster...

It's no secret that Giannis Goumenos ran out of money for this season. As a result the players have not receved any paychecks since December. Many of the players have the options of filing prosfyges with EPAE to be set free agents.

yesterday Goumenos went to Athens to beg for money. He returned to Thessaloniki with around 250,000 Euro, which he received from PUMA as part of their agreement for next season. Goumenos tried to pay the players today, but four of the players refused the money claiming that it's not the full amount that is owed them. Players refusing the payments were Zagorakis, Salpiggidis, Konstantinidis and Karypidis.

There will be tough time ahead for PAOK, and if nothing is done soon, many of our good players will leave for free.

The question that I have is how did Goumenos run out of money given the couple of million of euros in proceeds from our UEFA campaign or did he just truly pocket the $$ and is not inclined to pay the players under any circumstances?

GOUMENOS!! :angry: :tdown: I'm coming to get ya!! :box: Watch your back!

Seriously, by now i thought Goumenos would have been attacked by some group of PAOK fanatics on the street. :P

Don't disagree. The way things are going he is going to need a couple of bodyguards.

Hi guys... First time contributer.. long time reader haha

As a PAOKtzi from way back, I love the club and always will no matter what.

However, I just want to say that I'm sick and tired of PAOK's money problems, board room issues and crowd misbehaviour...

Every year promises are made and broken. The same old issues re surface time and time again... No one learns from their mistakes.... Why gamoto does PAOK always end up with crooks (Batatoudis, Goumenos) calling the shots.. It sometimes makes me ashamed. You can almost picture rival fans just sitting back and laughing saying 'Here we go again.. poor ass PAOK in money trouble again... what losers'' :tdown:

Let's not kid ourselves fellow PAOKtzides... we are a total laughing stock, and we'll never be able to compete with the 'Big Three' in Athens... Well, not until we get a stable and united owner/conmitee anyway

In all of this you really have to feel sorry for the younger PAOK players who have not been paid all year. I don't know how Goumenos sleeps at night :nono: . The guy is bankrupt yet he is holding on to PAOK for dear life.

Apparently the rule is once a player lodges for prosfigi with EPAE the club has 10 days to pay outstanding dues. How is Goumenos going to stop this from happening?

I am actually surprised that there haven't been any rallies organised by the fans to push him out as I believe was done in the Voulino days.

In all of this you really have to feel sorry for the younger PAOK players who have not been paid all year. I don't know how Goumenos sleeps at night :nono: . The guy is bankrupt yet he is holding on to PAOK for dear life.

Apparently the rule is once a player lodges for prosfigi with EPAE the club has 10 days to pay outstanding dues. How is Goumenos going to stop this from happening?

I am actually surprised that there haven't been any rallies organised by the fans to push him out as I believe was done in the Voulino days.

The problem is who could buy PAOK who is in a better position than Goumenos? With the constant crowd trouble, current squad, and the fact that the Greek league is becoming a joke, PAOK aren't exactly the most attractive prospect. BUT with players Zagorakis & Salp there is at least a decent foundation their. If these guys break their conracts because of being unpaid the situation will be considerably worse. Goumenos has to sell, and sell now! I really hope you manage to get out of this situation guys.

I am affraid Goumenos diverted some of the money for his own troubled companies that went bankcrupt. Interestingly only yesterday Goumenos received another 100,000 Euro fine from the Hellenic stock market for manipulating stock prices, when his company was dealing on the stock market.

On top of that a lot of money was probably wasted for unecesary player acquisitions. perfect example would be Karalic. We got the player from Bosnia, by paying transfer fee to Banja Luka team. Then we had to pay the player a salary, and finally we had to pay him off in order to break the contract we had with PAOK. While all this was happening Kralic did not play a single game for PAOK. Another example would be Akyel.

PAOK_Fan (BTW welcome to the forums), is right. Goumenos (and Batatoudis/Voulinos before him) made the team a laughing stock of the league.

What PAOK needs is a serious owner, who will run the team as a business and have all the financial dealing become transparent. None of this stuff being done in secret, where it can be manipulated behind teh scenes.

What PAOK needs is a serious owner, who will run the team as a business and have all the financial dealing become transparent. None of this stuff being done in secret, where it can be manipulated behind teh scenes.

Spot on Ziaka...but in order to get that type of owner I think they are going ot have to cough up some serious dough to essentially 'pay off' scum like Batitoudis and Goumenos and make them go away. And who in their right mind is going to want to pay off all of their debts and make them rich. No one. That's why all of these potential owners are coming in...taking a look at the books and saying "No way".

I've said it before and I'll say it again, EPAE needs to set up rules/regulations for ownership to abide by. Until that happens, it's clear that the actions of all owners will be selfish and irresponsible. They have no reason to be otherwise.

The first player prosfygi is a reality. Feutchine is the first player to file one and is demanding 207K Euro from PAOK. Since he made a prosfygi in the past against PAOK, the team does not have the option to contest it. Even if they pay him up, Feutchine can decide not to continue with the team.

If you ask my opinion, Feutchine will not play another game with PAOK.

oh my goodness...

didn't Goumeno say all monetary problems were solved last summer? he brought in players like Fatih Akyel, Karalitz and the hero Zagorakis... Has Foutsine become a free agent now? He's the second one I know after Fatih in the winter... Shiqabala also applied to be a free agent, didn't he???

guys, you seriously need some Russian or Arabic bidder, immediately. Otherwise, this problem can become even a relegation-threatening issue... :(

guys, you seriously need some Russian or Arabic bidder, immediately. Otherwise, this problem can become even a relegation-threatening issue...  :(

I totally agree with you.Unless if someone powerfull in Greece decides to run us

Goumenos made some stupid mistakes at the beggining of the season. They should have sold Feutchine for any decent price when they won the players appeal. That way they would have made money on the deal. Instead they got a player that did not want to play for PAOK, and in the end will cost the team more money. Additionaly PAOK decided for some unknown reason to let Akyel go by not paying him his salary knowing very well that it would create some serious problems on the teams defense.

As for Karalic, who is mentioned above, he should have never joined the team. karalic is not even the caliber of a player to play in B' Division, let alone at PAOK.

As fo Shikabala, he has not filed to become free. He just "forgot" to return back to the team after the Easter break. There are 2 possible scenarios:

1. That Shikabala has a paperwork problem with the Egyptian army, which prevents him from leaving the country. This is what the player is officialy claiming.

2. Or that after he decided to leave his old manager (Zapatinas), he has become involved with an Egyptian manager, who is advising him to play hardball with PAOK in order to secure his money or to secure his release and go play somewhere else.

In any case his old manager and the PAE PAOK front office is claiming that he has been paid up in full and that he has not chance of winning any possible appeals to become free.

Well he is not leaving yet, but he is thinking of filing a prosfygi on Monday in order to become free. This basically means that he gave PAOK few days to come up with the money and get paid.

Either way PAOK is in big danger of losing more than Udese.

Today Goumenos was told by EPO that PAOK is in a big danger of not receiving a licence for next year's championship if they don't pay their debt to the state (approximately 1 million Euro), payments to Fringer and Anastasiadis and 2 ex-PAOK players (around 1 million Euro). Finally PAOk needs around 1 million just to cover current operating expanses.

Archived