Phantis Forums

Olympiakos 2005-2006 champions

Montreal_Thrillos

congrats to Olympiacos. they were by far the best team this year!

any ideas if they're gonna celebrate the title in Larisa tonight? :whistle:

yet another prothalima for Olympiakos

i better get to it by changing my signature just once more lol

but its great to be on top of Greece once more

u know wuts so sweet about the way we won this title today

we lost a game but Pao failed to win and actually lost and that clinched the title for us

Olympiakos#1

Congrats to Oly.

Yes, he is, it is so unfair that he can not play and take part in the celebration

Here is what UEFA.COM writes about Olympiakos golden decade

Quote:

Olympiacos have dominanted Greek domestic football in recent years

Olympiacos complete 'golden decade'

Monday, 17 April 2006

by Vassiliki Papantonopoulou

from Athens

On Monday, there was a full-page ad in the majority of Greece's newspapers. It had the emblem of Olympiacos CFP, the signatures of all 33 players and coaches, and the caption 'Champions 2005-2006... as usual'.

Dominant force

The "as usual" could be misconstrued as a sign of arrogance. However Olympiacos have just won their ninth league title in Greece in the last ten years and raised their tally to 34 championships out of a possible 70, 15 ahead of Panathinaikos FC with the capital's other club, AEK Athens FC, back on eleven.

Title assured

Matchday 28 of 30 began with Olympiacos needing just one more point wrap up another crown. However, Panathinaikos's defeat by Iraklis FC in Thessaloniki 20 minutes before the beginning of Olympiacos's match at Larissa FC ensured Trond Sollied's side could celebrate before kick-off. Of course, the game itself was an anti-climax as Larissa won 2-1, but Olympiacos were sporting enough to take this defeat in good humour.

'Way better'

Captain Predrag Djordjević was emphatic. "We were way better than the other teams," he said. "That's why this league was decided relatively early compared with recent years." As for coach Sollied, he dedicated the title to the fans and said that the season is not over yet as Olympiacos are going for the double when they meet AEK in the Greek Cup final on 6 May.

Media praise

The Greek media echoed Djordjević in their praise for the champions. Goal News headlined their report 'The dynasty goes on' and wrote: "Usually one gets what one deserves. And we didn't need the mathematical confirmation to see that Olympiacos were the best team this season. They won twice against Panathinaikos and twice against AEK Athens and 'killed' any opposition long before 16 April."

'No surprise'

'Champions in all aspects" was Ta Nea's headline. And they analysed the reasons behind Olympiacos' success: "It's no surprise that Olympiacos won yet another league title. They are superior than their rivals in all aspects. First of all, they have more quality in their squad and many players to choose from and make rotations. Second, new head coach Trond Sollied managed to cast his shadow immediately over his predecessors and to handle the squad with diplomatic skills and know-how. Third - and most important - Olympiacos prevailed in the most important aspect of all: their morale was always high and their superiority didn't develop into a complex but rather a useful force. They were always confident they would win the league title".

'Absolute masters'

That was reflected in the rest of the press. 'Professional champions' declared Eleftherotypia. 'Title No9 and the party goes on' said Protathlitis. Ethos declared: 'The golden decade of Olympiacos', while Sportime hailed 'The absolute masters of Greek football'. Few would argue with that right now.

Unquote

I must say i have not read so much praise about a team from a country whhich is not Spain nor Italy nor England

In spite some shortcoming that the team still have, and hopefuly will be attended to during the summer, Olympiakox is a team that is a pleasure to watch' especially with RIvaldo against the @big@ teams (Not so big apparently)

Today I went to the supermarket and put on the double shirt of last year

I wait for this year shirt

:tup: :band:

I was at Pireaus when we found out Olympiakos won the championship after Iraklis's victory over PAO. The party was so crazy me and my girlfriend celebrated by drinking ouzo in full shots. :LOL:

Man, 34 Championships for our beloved Olympiakos, may we win another one next year? I think we can do it! ;)

I was at Pireaus when we found out Olympiakos won the championship after Iraklis's victory over PAO. The party was so crazy me and my girlfriend celebrated by drinking ouzo in full shots. :LOL:

Man, 34 Championships for our beloved Olympiakos, may we win another one next year? I think we can do it! ;)

you think ??

well don't think too hard about it

cause our competition will improve but Olympiakos is expected to be far better next year then this past season

Panta Na Meini the Prothalima sto Limani

Archived