Phantis Forums

thrylos

For those who cannot read and understand Greek very well, could anyone provide a summary of what Sifakis said. Nothing word for word, just a simple summary in English of what he said. Thanks.

What Sifakis said is that he signed a longer extension with OFI so if and when a larger club from Europe wants him OFI will be given money as compensation.

The reason he said this is because OFI is the team that made him who he is and he wants them to get paid.

Just like Seitaridis, noble move on his part. But I didn't think any major club in Greece had any interest in this guy. Hopefully he does get signed by a major club, build some experience outside Greece and become even better, but in order to get noticed he needs to play with the NT and in european competition.

I, on ther contrary, hope he does not get signed by a big Greek club but by a decent club in Europe.

Compare the European name that Machlas has made and Samaras is making compared to Nioblias, who in my opinion was the far better player the team has made. Most people do not even agree that he was one of the 3-4 best Greek players of the last 20 years,a title he clearly deserves. Why? Because he left OFI too late, and when he left he went to Panathinaikos in Greece.

Its good to leave early out of Greece!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived