Phantis Forums

UEFA Cup: Debrecen - PAOK

Ziaka

On Thursday we play the return leg of the UEFA Cup match-up against Debrecen in Hungary. Following the 1-1 tie at Toumba ibthe first game, PAOK needs to score at least one goal in order to qualify to round 3 of the competition. It's not going to be an easy task, since the debrecen is a very good team. PAOk will have to give it all to achieve a good result and go through. My predition is that PAOK will barely make it through with a close win (1-0, 2-1).

Dissapointing indeed considering that we did not create a single chance in the game. Debrecen played exactly the game that does not suit PAOK: defensive minded. Unfortunately these days PAOK does not have the offensive players that are able to break the 10-men defense, such as Kafes, Georgiadis, Okkas, etc. In the end you could say that the disallowed goal by Salpiggidis in the first game because of the unfair decision by the linesman cost us the qualification to the next round.

The team now has to forget about Europe for this season and concentrate on the Greek league and cup competitions, starting this Sunday against Panathinaikos.

I agree. With the players Anastasiadis has at its disposal, it is expected that the team will have some rough games. Witness today's trashing by PAO. Still, I am very proud of the way the team plays. The players do seem to be playing as a team. While a lot of people had PAOK finishing in the second half of the championship table, I believe we will figt for the 3rd or 4th place. Also as far as UEFA Cup is concerned last year we only wenty one round farther. Give this team some time, and I think we will be pleasantly suprised.

Correct guys! we should still be very happy at where we are at, at this current moment, i know there is still a long way left in this season but we are looking preety good in my opinion, with all our Youth in the team etc... Anastasiadis has not much to work with at all this season And hes doing a great job! :tup:

and we can only get better from now as players Gain experience, and we build up funds and are able to get some experienced playersB)

Archived