Phantis Forums

Goumenos selling PAOK?

Ziaka

That's what some reports say, but I have a feeling there is alot of behind thr scenes maneuvering. All of a sudden there is another interested buyer, Nikos Tsavliris, who supposedly with his London based brother are interested in buying PAOK. Mark my words, this will drag on for a long time.

In the meantime Goumenos is in Athens trying to find money. From the reports it appears that georgios Glou of PUMA will give him some money as part of the new PAOK - PUMA deal, so Goumenos can pay the players. The players are threatening to walk out if they don't get paid this week. Megahed has told Goumenos that if he does not get paid until tommorrow he will file a prosfygi to secure his money.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some reports say that Goumenos and company held another meeting with the Savvidis representative yesterday. Reports also say that Savvidis is in Greece, but refuses to meet with Goumenos. He wants his representatives to handle all the talks.

Even if PAOK have secured a spot. What good is it if the current team is going to be dismantled over the summer break by players wanting out of their contracts over unpaid wages or if they (Salpigidis) are sold for cash?

Not only that, but will UEFA allow PAOK to keep their UEFA spot if these scenarios played themselves out? I'm not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

No, the main focus for all teams in Greece should be the abolishment of EPAE and the creation of a governing body that will create a set of rules and regulations that will ensure that this crap never happens again.

None of this Arthro 44, brutal owners, people linked to politicians, corruption, bad refs...

A healthy league will force morons like Goumenos and Batitoudis out and only encourage wealthy, smart businessmen to become chairman.

Greek Football is steeped in corruption and it'll take a hell of a lot to get rid of it totally... The old fakelaki and a nudge nudge wink wink has ruined the sport in Greece and made our league a riziliki

No news to report lately. The Thessaloniki media (and the rest copying what they say) is saying that tommorrow (Friday) is the day that Savvidis will announce his decision whether he will pursue the purchase of PAOk or if he will wash his hands off of the whole deal. If you can believe the media reports he will announce that he will stop his interest in purchasing PAOK. At the same time there are reports that Goumenos is going to be in Athens talking to the other prospective buyers.

My personal opinion is that this whole thing is BS, and that nothign will happen. In the meantime we will be losing players. We allready lost Feutchine without any compensation. Udese will file an ppeal with EPAE on Monday to become free. There are also reports that vaggelis has rec eived an offer from a german team for 330K Euro contract, and that Olympiakos is offering Salpiggidis 1.2 million Euro.

At the same time PAOK fans (organized and non) are sleeping. There is no pressure from anybody on Goumenos and company to do something.

Also today, Goumenos was told by EPO that PAOK will not receive a licence to play in the next season's league as well as European competitions if they don't take care of their debts. Reports are that Goumenos needs to come up with 6 million Euro in order to cover current debts to the taxing auhtorities, payments to fringer and Anastasiadis as well as two ex-PAOK players.

Dark days are coming for ahead for PAOK unless something spectacular happens.

I think that the reason why Savvidis has not bought PAOK is because Goumenos is asking close to 10 million Euro.

He needs to leave because he has not invested in the team whatsoever. I hope the fans stay at the offices until he goes...

News reports say that Ivan Savvidis is sending a person from Russia to check out the financial situation at PAE PAOK. At least that's what is Vasilis Papadopoulos, one of the Savvidis representatives said today on radio. I have one question about this. Supposedly Savvidis and Goumenos have been talking for the last 3 months, and only now they are sending somebody to check PAOK's books. Sounds fishy to me.

This Papadopoulos character also said that the reports that Goumenos is asking for anything from 15 to 20 million Euro for himself and Pagonis, and another 15 million to cover the debts. So in effect goumenos is asking in total anything between 35 to 40 million Euro to sell. This for ateam that has huge debts, no training facilities and an ancient stadium. In my opinion under these conditions, nobody will agree to pay that kind of money.

In the meantime, Goumenos is saying that until next Monday he will be gone and that he is negotiating with some investors in Athens. In my opinion this is another stalling tactic by Goumenos in order to get the proceeds from the Kalamaria game on Sunday, and possibly to finilize the sale of several players to prospective buyers in Athens. I hope I am wrong about this.

Like I said don't believe anything until the signatures are on the paper.

This announcement by Goumenos that he will give the shares to AS PAOK on Tuesday if he can't sell the shares can only mean two things.

1. PAOK has allready been sold and the only thing that remains is for the legal paperwork to be finilized. Otherwise this makes no sense. Why would a prospective buyer (Savvidis, etc.) continue to negotiate with Goumenos knowing very well that on Tuesday he could buy the shares for a lot less through AS PAOK.

or

2. This is another stalling tactic by Goumenos to complete any p*****a he has on his mind.

I forsee an interesting day on Sunday around the PAOK - Kalamaria game time.

Ivan Savvidis in Thessaloniki!!!

Ivan Savvidis arrived in Thessaloniki today, and the first thing he said to reporters was: "I came to buy PAOK". At this moment he touring Toumba stadium, and plans to go to see the PAOK Arena. Later on he has plans to meet for Pagonis and Katsaris. Unfortunately at the same time Goumenos decided to travel to Athens to talk to the other "interested parties". Rumors are that he is talking to teh Aggelopoulos group (can you say Athens 2004?). Not sure if that is another smokescreen by Goumenos. It is obvious that Goumenos does not want to get involved with Savvidis, despite the pressure he is facing.

There is light at the tunnel, but I think we will have to wait a little longer before all the smoke clears.

Archived