Phantis Forums

Goumenos selling PAOK?

Ziaka

I did not expect anything to happen right now. It will be very interesting to see what happens during the summer. I see a lot will be happening in the off season. Unfortunately the team will suffer as a consequence. Players will file appeals with EPAE to be set free since they have not been paid. Others might be sold in order for Goumenos to make money.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reports are saying that the Savvidis group has been talking with Goumenos about PAOK for the last 3 months. It appears that the problem was not economic in nature. Supposedly it had to do with obstacles in getting the OK form AS PAOK in order to build a new stadium. Additionaly the Savvidis group wanted to purchase not only PAE PAOK, but also KAE PAOK (basket) and AS PAOK (erasitexnis).

The Savvidis representative also said that at present they are postponing their interest in acquiring PAOK, and that they might might re-enter negotiations once some issues are cleared up.

Was told that about 200 odd PAOK fans interrupted training and demanded Goumenos show himself to explain why he won’t sell shares. Apparently he did not show.

Can imagine what is going to happen on Sunday. Hopefully there is big (trouble free) demonstration against goumenos.

And I totally agree with you Ziaka, look for players to file for release from the club. Probably both Udeze and Fuetchine, would be the first to want to leave.

Megala logia from the savvidis group. They should worry about getting enough money together to buy pae paok and put a quality team on the field before they get ahead of themselves in regards to building a stadium and buying kae paok & AS Paok.

Hello paoknyc and welcome to the forums.

I tend to agree with you. What PAOK needs is for someone to invest money into building a decent team and build training facilities before starting to build a new Toumba.

I would also hope they don't buy KAE PAOK and AS PAOK. That's something that Batatoudis did and he failed misserably.

Hi guys

does anyone know whether there is any legislative framework safeguarding the interests of PAOKFC, transparency etc. with regards to a potential sale of the club? I keep thinking that somehow it makes sense for the government to put some short of framework/checks in place in order to avoid another koskota, ENIC, Mpatatoudi etc.

My thoughts are

1. yes i would like to see PAOK big and strong in the hands of a businessmen with high specific gravity and

2. Better the devil you know!!!

mpasketike, very good questions. There are laws on the books that could be utilized to guarantee that everyhting is on the up and up. The problem is that in Greece the laws are either never enforced or are only selectively enforced. There are many examples of that throughout the years (look at Olympiakos , AEK, PAOK, Aris, etc.).

What bothers me about the Savvidis group is their insistence that they buy AS Paok as well. Let them buy the club and build a quality team thereby showing the fans that they are committed and then let them buy AS Paok. I get the feeling that because they sense that Paok is weak they feel that they can pull a fast one and get their hands on Toumba.

I am not sure that they want to buy AS PAOK. This might just be an assumption by some of the media, because I have not seen any reports on any of his plans yet. I do think though that the stumbling block is the control of the AS PAOK, so he can get the ok to proceed and include a construction of new stadium.

This Savvidis guy needs to provide a lot of answers before he is let to buy PAOK. he needs to give answers on what he plans on doing with PAOK.

Ziaka i could not agree more, i keep thinking that if i was an honest businessman wanting to take over, i would want to be as open as possible, ok some things may be sensitive and therefore not suitable for reaching the public domain. For me it would be absolutely essential to present openly a convincing plan for the strengthening of PAOK in order to get the fans on board. Complete secrecy can only raise suspicions. History shows that suspicions are almost always confirmed!!!

Bottom line, yes Mr Savvidis or whoever wants to buy PAOK you are welcome to present your case - but please do present it and be prepared to answer questions!!! That's a sensible approach to doing business, isn't it?

Sensible approach and doing business in Greece usually don't go hand-in-hand. I agree with you though. If he makes a strong case for what he will do with Paok if he were to acquire it then the fans would embrace him.

Telika apo oti apodeihtike o kyrios aytos onomatei Savvidis endiaferotan apokleistika gia to Gipedo.Den ton endiefere i omada.Opote akomi enas mnistiras feygei.As perasei o epomenos....(kai apo oti katalava tha nai polloi,giati oloi valane sto mati tous tin nea Toumpa)

According to some reports the Ivan Savvidis group has signed a letter of intent to purchase PAOK. This document has been signed with Goumenos and Pagonis. The last remaining obstacle is for AS PAOK (erasitexnis) to agree to this.

I don't like the sound of it. Savvidis does not even have control of AS Paok, but we are to believe that he will orchestrate the contstruction of a new Toumba at a cost of $75-100mm euro, when the dynamics of greek football don't justify it.

The reality is that if any new owner where to spend some money and put a quality team on the field, Toumba as is would be packed week-in, week out.

Thanks for the article paok4, do you think paok needs more new players then? With over 10 transfers last year, would there be any room for yet more players? What would the impact be on the team, can it assimilate all of them within reasonable time?

It seems that savvidis has backed down for now-

afti i polisi einai to gefiri tis artas!!!

:blink:

Look at the players we bought last season:

-Iliadis who in my opinion is terrible

-Moumin who has played about 3 minutes altogether

-Akyel who has already gone

-Balafas who when he can be bothered does some good things

-Mellisis who has got injured without even playing a game

I think apart from Fernandes, Xristodoulopoulos, Miecel, Shikabala, Vaggelis (when he isnt injured) and Salpigidis and maybe Yasoumi ( <_< ) we need a new bunch of players.

Look at the players we bought last season:

-Iliadis who in my opinion is terrible

-Moumin who has played about 3 minutes altogether

-Akyel who has already gone

-Balafas who when he can be bothered does some good things

-Mellisis who has got injured without even playing a game

I think apart from Fernandes, Xristodoulopoulos, Miecel, Shikabala, Vaggelis (when he isnt injured) and Salpigidis and maybe Yasoumi ( <_< ) we need a new bunch of players.

PAOK do need a revamp but its no good just buying bums. PAOK need to turn Toumba into a fortress again. You have the passionate support so that isn't a prob, but where is the organisation??? Get a good defensive coach in there and make PAOK tougher to beat. The only time I've been truly impressed with PAOK this season was the Rennes game. And even though I'm not a PAOK fan it pains me to see the team in this state! I was at the game against Arsenal when Vryzas turned Steve Bould and buried it to knock the mounia out, I was also at the Udinese game (3-0). They were great nights which I just don't think this current side is capable of. So if the players aren't there there should at least be some organisation, and at the moment there isn't! A new coach and chairman is needed.

Archived