Phantis Forums

Goumenos selling PAOK?

Ziaka

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you are right. Today I heard Kassimatis on the radio, and the way he was talking was as he was Goumenos's mouthpiece. Goumenos does not have the balls to come out address the situation. I am affraid it will be a drawn out battle until he leaves.

Today there we re reports that Georgios Glou, the PUMA Greece president has had discussions with Goumenos concerning PAOK. Glou himself came out saying that they did not discuss a purchase of PAE PAOK shares. Instead the discussions were about PAOK changing from Addidas to PUMA for sponsorship and the PAOK boutique. It should be noted that Glou used to be part of the Olympiakos organization, and that PUMA is sponsoring 10 Division A teams, including Olympiakos and Larisa, where they also run those teams boutiques.

I would not get my hopes up. There is a lot of dirty work being done behind PAOK's back.

On paper this Psomiadis guy looks like a good prospect, but what I don't like about this is that there is this Metrosport newspaper promoting this guys interest in buying PAOK. So on one side we have Metrosport and the Radio Metropolis praising Psomiadis and his companies. On the other side we have the competing radio station and newspaper (ExtraSport, Spor Tou Vorra) throwing mud at Psomiadis. All this so they could sell extra copis of newpapers and increase their listnership.

So basically we have a war of words between Psomiadis/Metrosport and Goumenos/ExtraSport on radio and in print. All this is happening, and PAOK in the meantime is sinking fast.

Today we have Metrosport coming out with headline that Psomiadis wants Zagorakis to be the president of PAOK. Unfortunately it seems that it's only a Psomiadis's wish and is being used as a propaganda piece through Metrosport. I wonder if Psomiadis even talked to Zagorakis about this.

Any serious businessman that would like to invest his money in PAOK would go directly to Goumenos and made him an offer in private and then announce the deal to the press. Instead we have "negotiations" going on in the press. Unfortunately I don't see much coming out of this whole deal.

I hope I am wrong in being so pessimistic, but I don't see much changing in the near future.

Additionaly I believe he will not sell right now. Before he leaves, he will sell all the best players an pockets the money. It is almost a sure thing that Udese and probably Feutchine will be sold in the summer. Rumors are allready circulating in Thessaloniki that there are discussions between Salpiggidis and the Spanish club Osasuna.

Is this the same Psomiadis that AEK got rid of. Do you want this 2m man knocking at your door at 4am with his bodyguards, like he did ti Nikolaidis.

PAOK need a legitimate businessman form outside of Greece. A Roman Obramovich on a smaller scale

Georgios10, this Pavlos Psomiadis is a completely different person than Makis Psomiadis. It's like night and day. Pavlos Psomiadis is a businessman running succesful companies in Greece. Makis Psomiadis who ran AEK into the ground was a shady character with questionable dealings.

It appears that Pavlos Psomiadis wants to branch out into the soccer field, and he is looking to buy PAOK. The problem is that Goumenos and company does not want to sell. Goumenos will do anything possible to block this deal.

Af all the people in PAOK history that expressed interest in acquiring PAOK, Pavlos Psomiadis appears to be the most financially sound. Never in PAOK's history has a person with so much money and sucesful companies expressed interest in buying PAOK. The question is if PAOK is ready for this!!!

Pavlos Psomiadis today announced that he is withdrawing his interest in PAOK. This one day before the Friday's deadline he has given Goumenos to start negotiating. Apparently he has come to the conclusion that Goumenos has no intentions of selling.

Additionaly another businessman, Alexandros Mamidakis (Jet Oil) has come out today on Radio Metrosport, saying that he had discussions with PAE PAOK VP Pagonis, and that according to Pagonis the PAE PAOK debt until November 2005 was 17 million Euro, and that he and Goumenos would sell PAOK for 15 million Euro. So basically, Goumenos and Pagonis are looking for someone to pay them 35 million Euro

He won't answer him because he has no intentions of selling the team.

Exactly,

Goumenos is obviously taking the piss and I trust the statement that Psomiadis released on the press. I've met the son of Psomiadis (his successor) and my best friend is in very good terms with his family. I strongly believe that his interest was genuine and Goumenos ruined the negotiations.

This is reinforced by the fact that a second businessman (Mamidakis) claims that Goumenos asks much more than the expected price tag for a team of A Ethniki. And the truth is that 35 millions Euro is rather excessive.

To me Goumenos looks like the cunning businessman that would do anything to llok after his interest and screw everyone over. So screw him, I say!!!

The PAOK situation is very complicated. That's why you can't get a sound businessman to invest his money in this team. There are many unknowns concerning PAOK:

- Who actually controls the shares at PAOK? (Batatoudis?)

- Is there political involvment that prevents share transfer? (Venizelos?)

- Who is willing to pays such a high price? (PAOK debt is ssaid to be near 20 million Euro)

- Who is willing to pay the reported asking price of 15 million Euro? (Goumenos and Pagonis reportedly paid only 2 million Euro to get the team from Batatoudis)

- Who is willing to enter into negotiations with Goumenos, when it is apparent that he does not want to sell?

- Who is willing to invest money in a team, where its fans destroy things and the team gets punished. (Toumba fires, team fines)

- Who is willing to invest into a team, where the fan support has been declining?

Unfortunately I don't see anyone willing to do this. I am starting to believe that the only way to make PAOK financialy sound is to declare bankrupcy and start from D' Division and work upwards.

Ziaka that might not be such a bad thing mate.

The way PAOK is looking now I doubt much can be done to save the club. Goumenos is going to get what he can and hang the club out to dry. His behaviour of late has been strange and difficult to read. I don't think he will go without a fight.

I just read off sportnet.gr the JETOIL owner mamidakis wanted to buy paok today but would not come to terms with the 35million euro asking price.

a re goumene kai g*****ene pagoni. tha'rthei h wpa sas. kai den pame na tous gamisoume emeis?

Archived