Phantis Forums

The Salpiggidis dilemna

Ziaka

I really hope Salpi stays. We need him as much as he needs us. I don't care if the team is having trouble, the fans if you are true fans will support the team.

Reading about this brings to mind a famous quote by Greek playwright Nikos Kazantzakis: "Wolves don't eat eachother...Greeks do."

It's sad to think that the fans could turn on a player who has professed his love for PAOK, the city, etc.., and still be treated in bad way. For the guy to admit that he's afraid to go out in the city is definately not a good sign.

I don't think however, we should be at all surprised. Fans of Greek soccer are a fickle bunch who let their passions for their teams supercede common sense. This is a good example of it. As well, a few years back when PAO fans rioted outside their training grounds and smashed up the player's cars...Warzycha's among them. That guy is a legend for the team, and didn't do anything on the pitch or said anything to the press which would have warranted getting his car beaten in...but there it was, all smashed up.

Shame on these so called fans. Salpiggidis doesn't deserve it at all. But being that as it may, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was transferred to one of the Athenian based clubs.

It's funny how Greeks are.

I had a Scottish professor in university. He used to say that Greeks are a great bunch. When they love you, they love you with all their heart. When they turn on you, you are basically invisible or abused.

On a side note: His joke was always if you have Greek soccer team with 11 players, you need 12 balls to make them happy.

If you have 3 people you would probably need 4 poltical parties to represent the 3 people.

Sometimes I think he is right

Back to Salpigiddis, He will eventually leave to hopefully a bigger better team abroad. PAOK will not keep him and try to built a good team. They never do. I just hope he doesn't leave because of our fans!!!

• 2 weeks later...

these stupid fans that have something against our best player who has a long term contract with Paok have better stop ..... :angry: Somebody needs to knock some sense into them It is bloody shame :nono: I mean how could these fans be against such player that only wants to do his best for Paok. check this out :tup: salpi

Salpiggidis released a statement through the PAE PAOK web site that he is a player of PAOK and that he has a contract with that team. he also said that the only thing on his mind is to help PAOK get over this difficult period.

I think all this fuss is created by Athenian press trying to create news where there isn't any. This is a difficult time for PAOK, and Goumenos might try to cash in by selling the best players.

Reading about this brings to mind a famous quote by Greek playwright Nikos Kazantzakis: "Wolves don't eat eachother...Greeks do."

How true this is my friend. Mia zoi malakes eimaste! Greek fans fight eachother yet they don't display hooliganism in Champions League games! I am by no means supporting hooliganism abroad, however, there are serious underlying problems when you analyze this! How can we possibly be peaceful with xenous but fight amongst ourselves? How can we call ourselves one people when we have these violent divisions? I'm an Olympiakos fan but support every Greek team in Europe. I was just as devastated when PAOK commited suicide against Stuttgart as I was when Olympiakos did it against Lyon! Salp should be a hero at Toumba, its such a shame he is going through this.

:gr: :gr: :gr:

• 2 weeks later...

Guys thanks for the various articles and info, i also hope that salpigidis stays, i must say however that i was never totally convinced that he is a top player. He is young still, and certainly he can improve but at this point in time could it be that he is just a little overestimated? Wouldn't you agree for example that Mietchel is more convincing than salpi?

I do hope he stays, i really cannot see him playing abroad- his build and style- and i would hate to see him playing for an Athens club

Salpiggidis is one of the very few players that I would hate if they left the team. The others are Fernandez, Udese, Christodoulopoulos, Zagorakis and Miecel.

I agree with mpasketikos that he would probably not accomplish much in Europe. I think he wants to stay at PAOK. He has turned down PAO and Olympiakos in the past for less money. But with the incompetent owners, I would not be suprised if he was sold.

i hate to say this but unless paok shape their club up, salpigiidis shouuld go..i dont know where..but he will be limiting his abilities playing for paok if they dont put some serious effort in shooting up the table..it would be a shame to see a player like him fight to take his team away from relegation..

Salpiggidis is one of the very few players that I would hate if they left the team. The others are Fernandez, Udese, Christodoulopoulos, Zagorakis and Miecel.

I agree with mpasketikos that he would probably not accomplish much in Europe. I think he wants to stay at PAOK. He has turned down PAO and Olympiakos in the past for less money. But with the incompetent owners, I would not be suprised if he was sold.

Ohi kai ton Udeze re Ziaka.

After all the problems he has tried to cause the club, with his so-called attack. Better off he leave, I personally think he is overrated, and he thinks he is better than he actually is. If he ever left PAOK he would disappear.

Archived