Phantis Forums

Men's Olympic Hockey Teams- TURIN 2006

Batigol

Here is the roster for Canada's entry into Men's Hockey at the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin.

Obviously the one big controversy is the inclusion of Todd Bertuzzi. My personal feeling is that the guy shouldn't be there. But like everything in life, it's up for debate.

Player

Goaltenders

Brodeur, Martin

Luongo, Roberto

Turco, Marty

Defence

Blake, Rob

Foote, Adam

Jovanovski, Ed

*McCabe, Bryan

Niedermayer, Scott

Pronger, Chris

Redden, Wade

Forwards

Regehr, Robyn

Bertuzzi, Todd

Doan, Shane

Draper, Kris

Gagné, Simon

Heatley, Dany

Iginla, Jarome

Lecavalier, Vincent

Nash, Rick

Richards, Brad

Sakic, Joe

Smyth, Ryan

*Spezza, Jason

*Staal, Eric

St- Louis, Martin

Thornton, Joe

The guys with the * beside thier names are on the taxi squad and will only be used in case of emergency. They will march with the team during the opening ceremonies. But WON'T stay in the Olympic village, and won't collect a medal if Canada wins unless they are actually used.

Here is the US Roster.

Chris Chelios!! God love him, 44 years old and he's a workhorse!

Goaltenders (3)

Rick DiPietro

Robert Esche

John Graham

Defensemen (7)

Chris Chelios

Derian Hatcher

Jordan Leopold

John-Michael Liles

Aaron Miller

Brian Rafalski

Mathieu Schneider

Forwards (13)

Jason Blake

Erik Cole

Craig Conroy

Chris Drury

Brian Gionta

Scott Gomez

Bill Guerin

Mike Knuble

Mike Modano

Mark Parrish

Brian Rolston

Keith Tkachuk

Doug Weight

This is the one that scares me.

SWEDEN

Goaltender

Stefan Liv

Henrik Lundqvist

Mikael Tellqvist

Defense

Christian Bäckman

Kim Johnsson

Kenny Jönsson - 2

Nicklas Lidström

Niklas Kronwall - 0

Mattias Norström - 2

Mattias Öhlund - 2

Fowards

Daniel Alfredsson - 2

Per-Johan Axelsson - 1

Peter Forsberg - 2

Mika Hannula - 0

Jörgen Jönsson - 3

Fredrik Modin - 0

Markus Näslund - 1

Samuel Pahlsson - 0

Mikael Samuelsson - 0

Daniel Sedin- 0

Henrik Sedin - 0

Mats Sundin - 2

Henrik Zetterberg - 1

Obviously the one big controversy is the inclusion of Todd Bertuzzi. My personal feeling is that the guy shouldn't be there. But like everything in life, it's up for debate.

there migth also be a problem with Shane Doan who aparantly made racist comments about referees after a game and some Liberal minister is trying to get him kicked off the team. i got no problem with Bertuzzi but what the hell is Kris Draper doing there.

anyway it's going to be a good tournament, Sweden will have a strong team, Alfredsson/Forsberg/Naslund/Sundin/Sedin bros, Russia will have power up front, Kovalchusk/Kovalev/Ovechkin/Gonchar and the Czechs got arguably the best goalie nad Jagr and Straka

i predict a final 4 of Canada,Sweden,Czech Rep and Russia and from that point anything can happen

there migth also be a problem with Shane Doan who aparantly made racist comments about referees after a game and some Liberal minister is trying to get him kicked off the team. i got no problem with Bertuzzi but what the hell is Kris Draper doing there.

anyway it's going to be a good tournament, Sweden will have a strong team, Alfredsson/Forsberg/Naslund/Sundin/Sedin bros, Russia will have power up front, Kovalchusk/Kovalev/Ovechkin/Gonchar and the Czechs got arguably the best goalie nad Jagr and Straka

i predict a final 4 of Canada,Sweden,Czech Rep and Russia and from that point anything can happen

I don't know the groupings, however a final 4 of Canada, Sweden, Czech Rep. and Russia is very possible. It's too bad Mario Lemieux won't play, but then again he wasn't what he used to be.

Archived