Phantis Forums

FIBA WORLD BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

1 hour ago, Molon Lave said:

Let's just say Greece defeats USA, USA defeats Brazil, both Brazil and Greece defeat Czech Republic. 
On head-to-head, each team would have 9 points, which two would qualify? 

It goes to points differential I think. So we beat Montenegro by 25, lost to Brazil by 1, beat NZ by 6...that makes us +30 currently, in the event of us and Brazil finishing on the same wins then it would come into play, ideally you would have preferred to best NZ by more than 6. As it stands our points differential is better then Brazil I think.

Correct, if both Brazil and USA win, they will go through and both Greece and Czech Republic will be eliminated. So far in the second round, no 1-loss team has defeated the team who are undefeated. 

Poland, Spain, Argentina, and Serbia all qualified for the quarterfinals. 

Edited by Molon Lave

Just now, SydneyPAOK said:

Yes provided we beat the Czechs by more points than what we lose to the USA. Our F-A is currently 30pts compared to Czechs 29pts.

We can’t afford to lose by more than 10 I think...a more narrow win for Czecks would have been ideal.

Honestly I don't think the coaching has been bad. They are holding the USA defensively quite well and the 3 point shots the team is missing are wide open looks. Whats really a tragedy is this tournement was set up for them to medal and they are doing everything in their power to blow it.  

• Like it 1

6 minutes ago, paokara777 said:

ok cool. THey are saying we are now eliminated 

No we aren’t eliminated, the commentators mentioned late in the game we have to win by 13 or more. USA will definately beat Brazil. I can’t see us winning let alone by that score. That was our worst shooting percentage performance since 1998! Brick after brick on so many open looks.

Edited by Greekoz

We play the czechs. They have 29 right now but if they lose by 8 to Greece... they also would take the subtraction to their differential as well wouldn't they?

Edited by tkarachr606

10 minutes ago, Greekoz said:

That was our worst shooting percentage performance since 1998! 

Yes sir, I went to that game in Athens. Russia beat us 60-48 in the second round of that game. Russia didn't shot the ball well, yet Greece can't take advantage.