Phantis Forums

2004 OLYMPIC TEAM - MEN

Ziaka

will papa be on the team, he is under 23, as is seitaridis.

i dont think that the coach will call any over age strikers as he already has quite alot of strenth up front and needs help in other areas.

agritis

salpingiddis

amanatidis

papa(possibly)

i think that katsouranis would be ideal as a central mid and a winger as well, maybe stelara or lakis.

also the team has not 1 playmaker, that sucks, karagounis or tsartas is needed for sure!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we will know more on who is going to be asked to play after the Euro competition.

I would guess Papadopoulos will certainly be part of the team. As for the three over-23 year old players is concerned, Iw ould not be surpised to see Stoltidis and Liberopoulos being asked to participate.

you knew this idiot was going to ruin it. who is nebgleras????????

where is the playmaker on the team????how about a guy like lybe, machlas, tavlaridis, zikos, grammozis, anastasiou

this coach is a true idiot, besides stoltidis who is good, the other two are not guys who you would want as your over gae spots. other teams will have gunners and we have plumbers!

how about a guy like lybe, machlas, tavlaridis, zikos, grammozis, anastasiou

It is quite possible that the players you mention declined an invitation to join the team by Apostolakis. One month ago Apostolakis said that he would invite some of the players from the senior NT. However that was before the EURO 2004 and nobody expected the NT to go that far. The players of our NT now need a well deserved rest. Since Papadopoulos did not play in many EURO games, he was chosen for the Olympic team.

I am suprised by the choices as well, but hopefully the sucess of the senior NT will rub off on the Olympic team. The only problem is that the Olympic team does not have Otto Rehhagel as a coach.

I heard a couple of months back...that Otto will act as a consultant..... for the Olympic team.

With Sapanis and Papa this is really a good choice ....I can't speak of Debegleras as I did not observe him often.

The disandvantage will be for PAO....as Papa , a key player for PAO, won't be fresh for the saison start...and he might have some difficulties during the championship due to the lack of relaxing time.

So what if he called nebegleras up....i say give the guy a run...why not??

Whoever was talking about kara/tsiartas has to be dreaming.

Lybe?? Machlas?? what for that would be a waste...give other guys some opportunities as well!!!

HERE IT IS ..........

GOALKEEPERS:

Kleopas Giannou : Olympiakos

GeorgiosAmbaris : Iraklis

Michailis Sifakis: OFI Crete

DEFENDERS:

Christos Karypidis: PAOK

Evangelos Moras: AEK

Spiros Vallas: Olympiakos

Loukas Vyntra: Panathinaikos

Aristidis Galanopoulos: Kalamata

MIDFIELDERS:

Georgios Fotakis: Aigaleo

Ioannis Amanatidis: Kaiserslaugten?

Ioeklis Stoltidis: Olympiakos

Militos Sapanis: Panathinaikos

Nabegleras: Iraklis

Ioannis Taralidis: Olympiakos

Fanourios Goundoulakis: Panionios

Nikolaos Mitrou: Panionios

Panagiotis Lagos: Iraklis

STRIKERS:

Dimosthenis Manousakis: Chalkidona

Dimitrios Papadopoulos: Panathinaikos

Dimitrios Salpingidis: PAOK

Anastasios Agritis: Aegaleo

Kontodimos: Larisa

over age in italics and underline

well this coach is an idiot....

he has what 5 defenders......and one good centerback, strong up front but when other teams have a cassano or buffon who do we have???????

he has what 5 defenders......and one good centerback, strong up front but when other teams have a cassano or buffon who do we have???????

People said the same about our euro team, we showed them....and we can do it again.

Dont doubt our players, thats the biggest mistake any greek can do.

im worried about the back really, i think our mids (both defensive and offensive) and strikers have the ability to be a cohesive unit and gel. names like galanopoulos and vyntra (whens the last time this guy played in a game?) do scare me a bit.

as for the 3 elders chosen, no problems in my book. stoltidis is awesome and has an even more awesome work rate, he will be highly influental to those around him. same for sapanis, although i am abit :unsure: nabegleras

HERE IT IS ..........

GOALKEEPERS:

Kleopas Giannou : Olympiakos

GeorgiosAmbaris : Iraklis

Michailis Sifakis: OFI Crete

DEFENDERS:

Christos Karypidis: PAOK

Evangelos Moras: AEK

Spiros Vallas: Olympiakos

Loukas Vyntra: Panathinaikos

Aristidis Galanopoulos: Kalamata

MIDFIELDERS:

Georgios Fotakis: Aigaleo

Ioannis Amanatidis: Kaiserslaugten?

Ioeklis Stoltidis: Olympiakos

Militos Sapanis: Panathinaikos

Nabegleras: Iraklis

Ioannis Taralidis: Olympiakos

Fanourios Goundoulakis: Panionios

Nikolaos Mitrou: Panionios

Panagiotis Lagos: Iraklis

STRIKERS:

Dimosthenis Manousakis: Chalkidona

Dimitrios Papadopoulos: Panathinaikos

Dimitrios Salpingidis: PAOK

Anastasios Agritis: Aegaleo

Kontodimos: Larisa

over age in italics and underline

hey no complaints.

Salpiggidis and Papadopoulos up top!!!!!!! :nw: :nw: :nw:

holy s%$#! thats an awesome combination...

Moras, Vallas, and Vyntra in defense!!! (Vyntra has TONS to learn still, last time i saw him vs Italy he made the most amatuer-stupid mistake i had ever seen)

Amanatidis, Stoltidis, Sapanis....

we could be medal contenders....

the coach is NOT an idiot. Not all players are desperate to miss training for there club and the first couple matches just to play Olympic soccer. I doubt Lympe and Machlas want to play......offensively we have no problems for strikers, Agritis is great too.

and Italy will NOT have Buffon and Cassano. Thats Bullshit.

its a damn shame they dont play the preliminaries in Athens :angry:

stoltidis was one of olympiakos's MVP's this year!!

just that nebagleras i am dissappouinted in. sapanis is a great worker so he is actually a good fit.

but what a 3 pronged attack with....salpingiddis...papa.....amanatidis

thats scarry!!!!

and i cant wait to watch them, they will all be televised!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

yeah he is a very good player- he marks well and can shoot- i think i remember correctly he hit a scorcher in 1st Gsaray game on the post or something....and scored in the other game....

Salpi will miss some games/training to be with PAOK in the qualifying for CL. but we still have agritis so we are fine.

i think greece, italy and portugal are the medal favourites... i would love to see portuguese hearts broken AGAIN......

Archived