Phantis Forums

FIFA 2006

Omonoia9

I have the game. I haven't played it yet due to school, but I've learned the following (greek) teams are in the game:

Olympiakos

Panathinaikos

Thessoloniki (a generic PAOK, dont worry there are the real PAOK players)

and the Greek NT.

No AEK Athens :blink: :angry: (again, I just don't get it)

From what it looks like, the rosters are generally accurate, you can call up/demote players from National Teams, and the menus are a little different, and there is a new commentary team.

Oh well, I figured this is all most on this board want to know so if there are any more questions, post here and I'll do my best to answer them as quick as I can.

P.S. Before people think I'm crazy for not mentioning Winning Eleven or another soccer game, I only have Gamecube, and FIFA (+ FIFA Street) are the only real soccer games I can get. Oh well.... :(

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone played winning eleven 8? I rented it a couple days ago. Tons of different moves, lots of controls to be learned if you want to be good. They have practice modes and tutorials to help you with all the moves, but it will take some time until I get used to it. It seems like the type of game you could enjoy after becoming familiar with all the moves. Kind of dissapointed with the Greek teams, they're not ranked very well as far as performance and they all got different names.

I haven't played FIFA yet, does anyone know which of these two is better?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah i got fifa

it really pisses me off

they make the NT s%$#! compared to what they are

you cant play in the greek league in manager mode

they have olympiakos paok and panathinaikos

they put panathinaikos as 4 stars and olympiakos as 3 1/2 stars (which is m*****es)

and paok is s%$#! in that game too.

I think they need to introduce an actual playable greek league in that game because it would be alot better i mean come on. They have Bundesliga 1 and 2 French 1 and 2 the EPL english 2nd and 3rd leauge and they classify the greek teams in rest of world along with galatasaray and boca junior and some other teams. I mean they have so many damn leauges from other countries and not one from greece.

its royal bullsh*t if you ask me but then again i dont know how EA games works. Im thinking about sending in alot of complaints and getting alot of people to complain in attempt of convincing them to establish Ethniki A in their game.

Yeah i got fifa

it really pisses me off

they make the NT s%$#! compared to what they are

you cant play in the greek league in manager mode

they have olympiakos paok and panathinaikos

they put panathinaikos as 4 stars and olympiakos as 3 1/2 stars (which is m*****es)

and paok is s%$#! in that game too.

I think they need to introduce an actual playable greek league in that game because it would be alot better i mean come on. They have Bundesliga 1 and 2 French 1 and 2 the EPL english 2nd and 3rd leauge and they classify the greek teams in rest of world along with galatasaray and boca junior and some other teams. I mean they have so many damn leauges from other countries and not one from greece.

its royal bullsh*t if you ask me but then again i dont know how EA games works. Im thinking about sending in alot of complaints and getting alot of people to complain in attempt of convincing them to establish Ethniki A in their game.

It is possible that in order to get the rights to a team or at least the whole league some negotiations have to occur. And when you think about it the GreeK League is joke when it comes to that. As for AEK I still dont understand why they wont include them. They definitely have had more success in Europe than PAOK has and Paok is always included.

Does anyone have the FIFA World Cup 2006 game? Can anybody tell me about the Greece team there? is it current?

As for FIFA 2006, I refuse to purchase it, since they made PAOk into a generic Thessaloniki team. I'll stick with FIFA 2005.

Archived