Phantis Forums

Cyprus: Fastest team in the world?

my god my god, who would have thought a country with a population of 1,000,000 can play like they did against Ireland like that, it was incredible, unbelievable, things brazil can only dream about

OK, that was an exaggeration, but still, they are probably the fastest team in the world, well atleast what they displayed in that game. The new manager just bombarded the team with speed, speed, speed. It was amazing. I know what your saying, they lost 1-0 bla bla, well i say watch the match, cos shay given was outstanding, saving a penalty, saving shot after shot after shot. Even the Irish commentator called cyprus 'world beaters' at half time. The match should of ended 5-1.

charalambidis, brilliant, okkas, outstanding, the black dude in defence, genius. I am so proud to support and love the cypriot team after a performance like that. I bet the manager replaced the goalie with some geezer who can run the 100 meters in less than 8 secs. For speed = sucess.

Maybe performances like that happen once a decade, but for the first time in four years I can say Cyprus has a better chance of lifting the World Cup than Greece do.

Archived