Phantis Forums

Round 9: AEK - PAOK

Ziaka

On Saturday PAOK travels to Ano Liosia to meet AEK at G. Pathiakakis Stadium. PAOK is on a hot streak with wins against OFI , Kallithea and Aigaleo (Cup). The only probles facing the team are injuries to key players, such as Markos (out for the season), Ekgomitis (out for 2 months), Spasic, Feutchine and others. This however did not stop the injury riddled team to eliminate a strong Aigaleo team from the Greek Cup. One player that is on fire is Salpiggidis, who has been scoring on regular basis.

AEK is at present a team in turmoil, and it appears to be seen, which AEK team will show up for the game. I think AEK will come out try to prove something following the loss to Olympiakos last week. If AEk manages to drop points in this game, it will mean, that they will lose the chase for at least the 3rd place and CL place next season. If PAOK manages to win or get a tie in this game, it will probably place them in a good position to challenge for the 3rd place in the championship.

I have AEK as a favorite in the game and see them winning, but I have a hope that PAOK can at least steal a tie at Ano Liosia.

An sunexisoume me to tropo mas...mporeite yia tous 3 ba8mous. Auti einai mia kali eukaria na mas kerdisete yiati exoume kollistei sta xallia mas (Panta se euxaristoume batraxe prodoti mas), kai na balete ena podi stin porta tou champions league yia tou xronou.

Isopalia den 8a boi8isei kamia omada.....Elpizoume niki yia AEK alla twra mporoume na fame kai tria.

A well fought game by us lets be honest Aek was not going to loose 2 in a row which brings my point of why it is unfair that we play the same team after OSFP.

With Aek at 2:0 we fought hard and got the 1 goal then the all attack approch had to be made where we were caguht out unlucky on the 3rd gaol a few results have gone our way so we are still in it, for 3rd spot

PAOK played well in the first half, and had a big chance in the opening minutes of the game. Had we scored then, who knows how the game might have evolved. Atmatsidis made a very bad mistake on the first AEK goal. The team tried to come back and equalize, but AEK proved to be better, specially in the control of the midfield. Once we cut the lead to 2-1, I though we might pull it off, but it appeared that team did not have enough strength to do it.

According to reports there were 2,500 fans at the game, with around 1,000 PAOKtzides in the stands. They made their presence known with constant cheering throughout the game.

Time to forget about that game and start focusing on our UEFA Cup game against Debrecen.

Archived