Phantis Forums

Go:bekli

O dhmos ths Neas Philadelphias prepi na prosexei giati o laos ths AEK den 8a katsi katw me thn megalh mamakia pou exei kanei autos kai ta dikastiria. Pos bori h kubernhsh na dosei thn adeia gia to gypedo kai twpa auto na ginei...

PS They are worried about Alsos.... what a joke, have they even been to Alsos? It looks in worse shape than AEK's stadium at the moment!!

Besides that AEK faces the Club of Zurich (GC) on the pitch.... the 2 teams have similarities....also what the Stadium concerns....

Here in Zurich they will build a new Stadium... around Hardturm.... for GC and FC Zurich with shops....

It will cost CHF 370 Mio Swiss Fr..............

The main investor is the bank.....Credit Suisse. The Citiy of Zurich and their taxpayers will contribute with 47.5 Mio Swiss Fr..........

Due to this contribution... the population has the right to take the political referendum.... and they did it..... because they do not want the shops....especially because of the related enhanced traffic around the stadium..

But Credit Suisse wants to build the stadium only if the shops are allowed.. due to reasons of profitability.

So this September 7, 03...... all eligible citizens of the City of Zurich.. can go and vote... YES or NO.... to the stadium... the majority's decision will be accepted.

This is DIRECT DEMOCRACY

This is DIRECT DEMOCRACY

To me it appears more likely that it is the tyranny of the majority as my, admittedly limited, contacts with the Swiss, especially the Germanic speaking, gave me the impression that they are more intent on stopping others from having fun than having fun themselves!

Well I did not say... that Direct Democracy is always fun, have I ?

But as I know it since a long time..... you are a wise man !

I will try to explain in short.... how the instrument of referendum was introduced in Swiss politics.....

The roots go back around 1848 when Switzerland has its actual constitution and the new political system /order was established ...... due to the French Revoloution....new ideas were spread in whole central Europe... which were unfavorable to conservative forces....

In Switzerland the progessive forces, mostly Protestant Cantons... took the ideology of the French Revolution over.... from this movement, the strong political party -FDP- emerged . A Liberal Progressive Party... in the favor of the Swiss Economy..... (which belongs nowdays to the conservative circles)

In the pre-stadium of 1848.... the above progressive-liberal forces fought (civilwar) agianst the conservatives, represented by the Catholic Cantons... , where the Church , Monasteries and the Clerical Nomenclature were behind....

The progressive won the battle.... and because Switzerland is a Nation of Will... where different cultures have their place... and the compromise plays a major role.. in the Country .....in order to have piece and prosperity........ the winning forces... agreed to give to the lost party (conservatives)... the instrument of Referendum... in order to give them the feeling that they are not ruled by the winners... as they all are a nation...... and they have the right of "Objection"

So those nay sayers...which you mentioned... come mostly from the small Catholic Cantons like Uri , Schwyz, Obwalden, Appenzell and so on (Swiss German)........ a second charecteristic in the Swiss Election System... , which is unique I think..., is the fact that... in Federal Elections (par example the modification of the Constitution)...... to have the majority of the votes of the eligible voters/population... is not sufficient... you must have both... the majority of the votes.. and the majority of the States/Cantons..... so those small conservative cantons.. can stop a modificatin of the political status..... with few votes ... comparing the amounts of votes of the whole nation.

As I said this is the heritage... of the mentioned clash in the 19th Century... between the progressive and the conservative forces .

So as per my definition - You hardly see in an other country... such a big influence in the politics.. from the lost party.

I hope that I gave the facts clear with my limited English.

• 4 weeks later...

Mouse,

good idea!

However, it often happens that a great sounding name in one language just does not sound that great in another language.

I think that is the case with your proposal.

Input from fan groups and the extended AEK family should be taken into consideration.

I just hope that the naming rights will not be sold to some international company for a very significant amount of money.

This is a practice is very unfortunately common in the naming of most USA stadiums.

• 1 month later...

4-11

The day when we are going to be told what will happen with the complaint by the 101.

In the meantime Granitsas and Adamopoulos (Mayor of N.F) have met (But I have no solid source for that) and rumors sound good but I will stop here as info is unreliable.

I hope things will take a turn for the better... rare for us latelly...

Archived