Phantis Forums

Alter Globe now on DISH!

:tup: According to the latest uplink information from DBS Talk, Alter Globe has now been uplinked to Dish Network on ch. 664 at 61.5. Time for Mitsi Kosta!! (Is he any good?)

Yah! another Greek channel, bring em on!! :tup: Now the only one left is Alpha which has not been heard of in a while. Which reminds me, Ziaka a while ago I read something on Satleo that said that the guy who owns Alpha was looking to sell and that he was having financial difficulties, do you know anything about this? Apparently an interested party asked to see the financial books and were not impressed with what they saw so they said 'thanks but no thanks'. Also, his asking price was too high. I wonder what this means for Alpha Sat, if anything.

Anyway, regarding Alter, based on a recent post that said that they show the same stuff over and over again, I wonder what will be on this channel.

:gr:

HellasHab, can you provide a link for all these? Where did you see this information?

Channel 664 at 61.5W is broadcasting Radio Maria Poland.

And there is nothing on the Dishnetwork website.

HellasHab, can you provide a link for all these? Where did you see this information?

Channel 664 at 61.5W is broadcasting Radio Maria Poland.

And there is nothing on the Dishnetwork website.

Spiro,

I visit DBS Talk regularly, its a satellite TV board and on there is a guy who provides updates every Wednesday (that is the day that Dish makes changes) about anything new he sees like new channels being added or others being taken away or other technical stuff. In today's update he said that Alter has been added at ch.664. By the way, the Radio Maria channels were taken off quite a while ago so there is nothing on 664 right now.

The channel has been uplinked which means it has been added to their network but it is not yet available to subscribers. It usually takes a week or so before its actually available for people to subscribe. They do testing on the channel that is why its not immediately available. Hopefully it should be available by next week.

Here is the link to the thread:

DBS Talk

HellasHab, I thought all the new international channels are going to be uploaded on the 121 satellite only. That's why the Greek radio stations are available on 121 only. I hope thay will have it on 121 as well as 61.5, since just last week I went ahead and installed the Superdish on my system, and I no longer have access to 61.5.

re paidia why u r so exited?has anyone seen the GARBAGE that alter has?

see it first and i promise that after 5 minutes you will change channels?

SKETI KONSERVA......na drepontai autoi pou doulevoun sto alter pou vgazoun tetio kanali sto exoteriko

You can check what is shown on Alter Channel here:

mms://209.190.4.99/alter

If this channel is as bad as everyone says, it should be included to the Greek channel package free of charge. However knowing Dishnetwok, they will probably charge 15 bucks for it.

Ziaka,

As far as I know its only on 61.5 right now but who knows what will happen once its finally made available for people to subscribe to. I thought they would be shifting things to 121 also but it doesn't look like it because they have recently added a few new channels from India as well as two French ones. I think this may have to do with them buying the Voom satellite which was also at 61.5, so maybe they have more room now?!

kirk1gr,

I asked this question before, if this channel is crap as you say then who will subscribe to it- no one - so what then is the point to put it on?? Do these people think we are stupid and will subscribe to any old garbage just because its Greek?! Well we have 3 other channels available so its not like its the only channel around. I noticed yesterday looking at the Alter website that the only two shows I was interested in (Zougla and Kitrinos typos) are no longer listed in the schedule. I heard some thing about the host (Makis Triantafilopoulos) moving to Alpha so it looks like those shows will now be on Alpha starting in the fall.

This sucks, where is Alpha?? They have these 2 shows plus games from most of the teams in the Greek league. Why don't they hurry up and launch their international channel already :angry:

Ziaka,

As far as I know its only on 61.5 right now but who knows what will happen once its finally made available for people to subscribe to. I thought they would be shifting things to 121 also but it doesn't look like it because they have recently added a few new channels from India as well as two French ones. I think this may have to do with them buying the Voom satellite which was also at 61.5, so maybe they have more room now?!

kirk1gr,

I asked this question before, if this channel is crap as you say then who will subscribe to it- no one - so what then is the point to put it on?? Do these people think we are stupid and will subscribe to any old garbage just because its Greek?! Well we have 3 other channels available so its not like its the only channel around. I noticed yesterday looking at the Alter website that the only two shows I was interested in (Zougla and Kitrinos typos) are no longer listed in the schedule. I heard some thing about the host (Makis Triantafilopoulos) moving to Alpha so it looks like those shows will now be on Alpha starting in the fall.

This sucks, where is Alpha?? They have these 2 shows plus games from most of the teams in the Greek league. Why don't they hurry up and launch their international channel already :angry:

Ert Sat shows games and they show the good ones too that u cant get in greece without pay satelite......alpha is also good though

i like alter channel but we need MAD TV, MAD Rempetika and Supersport :tup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to everyone on the Phantis Sport Club i am a new member .

On the Alter channels is being confirm by my contacts that is going to Dish network at 61.5 some time on September.

For Alpha there is nothing on the works for the time being.

DKSat

Hello DKSat and welcome to the forums.

Is Alter Globe going to be only on the 61.5 satellite? That would be an odd move by Dish, which has been moving most of the international channels to the 121 satellite. As it is the Greek radio stations are only available on 121. At the minimum, they should put Alter on bith 61.5 and 121.

Alter is only going to be on 61.5 w Satellite, If you receiving the GR channels with a Super dish 121 you will need a 18" dish for the 61.5 location and replace the DP34 switch with a new DP44 switch that has 4 satellite inputs.

Dish network has scrap plans for now to move the International channels from 61.5 there is allot of costumers that can not see the 121 satellite on the east coast of a lower angel and trees and also the HD Voom channels that broadcast from the second satellite that is on 61.5 w location

When Alter start on Dish network Kastana will be history

GO PAOK

Oh well, just last month I installed Superdish in order to get the Greek radio stations. At least I did not take down the 61.5 dish. I will only need to replace the switch.

Any idea how much Dish will charge for alter Globe?

And yes, GO PAOK. B)

Even if Alpha starts to broadcast to North America they can not show any soccer cames because Antenna Satellite has 1 more year contract with Alpha to show the soccer games to the US market and Australia.

The price on Alter is not determine yet i believe it will be $12.95 or 14.95, Dish network does not allowed any INT channel to be less than that price

• 2 weeks later...

:tup: According to DBS Talk and the latest uplink information, Alter Globe is now available to subscribers at 61.5 and 148 (Sorry Ziaka no 121 :( )

So, for those who subscribe to the full package, (I assume this channel will be included in that package), tell us your opinion of this channel and whether its any good. No info. on Dishnet's site yet but it should be up in the next day or so.

Enjoy! :gr:

Network: ALTER GLOBE

Channel Name: ALTER

Category: INTERNATIONAL

Description: Alter Globe, a Greek-language channel, is one of Greece's premiere and exciting 24-hour Hellenic general entertainment channels. Alter Globe offers a wide range of entertainment including fashion, sports, news and cultural programming aimed at a young target audience. Alter Globe offers Greek Americans the best in Greek family entertainment, featuring a line-up of shows like "Mitsi-Chosta Show" and "The Gates of Inexplicable" that have made the Alter Globe name synonymous with quality programming.

Satellite: 148 / 61.5

Channel: 664 / 664

Transponder: 25 / 12

Available in:

A LA CARTE-ALTER GLOBE

MEGA COSMOS/ERT SAT/ALTER GLOBE

The 61.5 satellite is "falling" about 250 miles per year from the horizon. This is the reason that DishNetwork is switching channels to other satellites. By the year 2012 the 61.5W won't even be in the orbit (it will be lost in space).

I am surprised they added Alter on it. Unless they will do the change later...

Archived