Phantis Forums

Lockout over!

This league has SERIOUS issues... I can propably say that they are worst than the Greek Soccer League...

It's very sad because Hockey is a sport that's loved in the US and all over the world and these idiots have to ruin it for the fans...

Does this mean that Chelios is no longer trying out for the Greek bobsled team? :tup:

who knows? but if Jamaica can have a bobsled team then why not Greece :LOL:

after 301 days this dispute is over but the damage is already done, the players gave up alot but they had to because they couldn't continue like this

The players got raped on this deal.

From the get-go, their only clear mandate was to stop the idea of accepting a salary cap and they failed miserably on all accounts. The union handled this whole situation so poorly they actually allowed their union membership to go overseas to take jobs away from other players who couldn't necessarily make it in the NHL. How's that for hypocrasy.

Hockey I think has entered a new phase. Let's call it a 3rd phase.

The 1st being the long stretch before expansion in the early 70's.

The 2nd being the stretch that included all of the expansion teams, the dynasty teams of the 70's and 80's and the salary build up of the 90's.

Now they've reached the 3rd phase. Where expansion has peaked as they can't go anywhere else. There is no TV deal. There is a new salary cap. The big name stars of yesterday are fading away replaced with one's that clearly aren't as good. And there are going to be a new set of rules that will change the dynamic of the game.

The game is hurting bigtime. And now it's going to go through a massive makeover over the next few years, it'll be pretty weird to witness how much of the game is actually affected.

I'm glad they finally solved the issues in the end. I did miss hockey. Not as much as I would have thought...but in the end I did. But the overriding sense that I get from this deal is that the union is no longer required as an entity to protect the players. Really, the agents can do that by themselves. Bob Goodenow really screwed the pooch on this one. I wonder if they can require him to take a 24% rollback in his salary..put 15% into escrow...limit how much money he can make....What a goofball.

no doubt the players got screwed bigtime but 90% of them ratified it. let's hope this Sidney Crosby dude is the real deal and become the new star attraction like gretzky was because right now this league really needs it.

i've heard some of the rules changes for next year like axing the red line, penalty shoot-outs, smaller goalie equipment and moving the nets by 2 ft.......the one i would have really liked to see implemented was the no touch icing but i hope maybe at a later time. will the fans come back? we'll see by how many will buy season tickets.

i just heard the Sidney Crosby sweepstakes on the radio and Pitsburgh is getting Crosby, i'm happy for Mario Lemieux

Canadiens pick 5th :tup:

Ottawa 9th

Vancouver 10th

leafs 21st :LOL:

i don't remember the other canadian teams but whatever, Crosby is going to the Penguins.

• 2 months later...

Archived