Phantis Forums

Who is this guy?

GS1905

well, I would not open a new thread to tell my FM stories but I had to after I saw an Israeli youngster in PAO squad in Football Manager 2005! His name is Dudu Biton, S C and is 16. Guys, did this young Jew appear in any of your games and if he has, is it worth keeping him? He occupies a foreign spot although he's in the U20 team.

by the way, all the foreign players except Equi are totally worthless in the PAO squad!!!

any recommendations on who should I go after buying???

My tactic is 4-2-3-1, looking like that tactic of Rafael Benitez in L'Pool.

keep munch-olisadebe-kostandinou-goumas-vyntra-sanmartean-

andric-maric-basinas-morris-gonzales

get ivic from aek and bakircoglou of iraklis from the greek league.

after the first season if u do good in europe sell some of the strikers for alot of money and u can easely get top players from around europe

this is wut it looks like as I start the season...

-----------------------------Michalakis--------------------

------------Eki Gonzalez---TUNCAY---Sanmartean-----

--------------------Guarin---------Basinas----------------

---Muench-------Kyrgiakos-------Goumas-----Nasef---

-----------------------------Halkias------------------------

and my back-up team currently is...

-----------------------------Manoli-------------------------

----------Sambanis-------Tsiartas---------Maric---------

--------------------Andric---Raquel-----------------------

---Kotsios--------Siontis--------Rene----------Vyntra---

---------------------------Galinovic------------------------

I've sold Zuti to Iraklis for €55k, Epalle to Genk for €950k :LOL: and Pantelis to former PAOK for €500k. I released Nyren for free ---nobody wanted him--- and Rene Henriksen is going to Iraklis mid-season. I will sign Nikos Arampatzis from Serez on January and also I will probably sign another young D C because my centre back looks really shaky ---Soto has been injured twice in pre-season--- and is lacking quality. I enquired AS Rome about Dellas. They wanted €5.25M and I was unable to offer anything. I spent a good deal of €4.5M cash for Tuncay and I will pay €9.5 in 12 months for him. Also a back-up DM C is needed because there are no real back-ups to Basinas and young Colombian sensation Freddy Guarin. Andric is s-h-i-t and Raquel is not a DM!!! What do you guys say about Taralydis? He's listed by Oly and I am undecided to sign him or not!

generaly argentinians perform very good at pao also in this game!

if u can get luiz gonzales from river plate(i think) he is a super attacking mid also try to get super striker from fc basel he is argentinian(can not remember his name)

finally u can with very much ease get agentinian defenders from italy and spain they always perform.

podolski is also very good and cheap and mauro rosalles of ajax also argentinian.

guys, for Manoli I received an offer from Parma. He has a release clause but if I can persuade them, I will exchange a player from them, hopefully Bonera!!!

I declared interest in Juventus winger (AM RLC) Ruben Oliveira but I heard that he's injury bound so I'm not sure.

By the way, I am one of only the two teams that had full points from first three games in the CL. I've beaten Rosenborg away with ten men (Sanmartean sent off on 30') 2-1 (Equi'78 Michali'86). I had a shaking and baking game against Leverkusen at Leoforos. In a game totally dominated by the German team, I won 2-0 with goals from Guarin (15') and Michali (79'). The Guarin goal was something spectacular, a well-placed piledriver from 35 metres out! And finally I brought down the house against Porto at Leoforos by winning 3-2. Konstantinou made a hat-trick but the man of the match was again Guarin, dominating the midfield. The standings are as PAO 9, Porto 3, Bayer 3, Rosenborg 3...

In the league it's not going so well. I drew with PAOK away 2-2 (I was leading 2-0 on 82') and with Thrynos at home 1-1 (Giovanni'19 / Equi'84). AEK is currently 6:0:0 and 4 points clear of Panathinaikos. Olympiakos has a game in hand and is 2:3:0, 9 points from five games and currently seventh. I beat Ionikos 2-0 home, Kalamaria 1-0 away, Xanthi 2-0 away and Ergotelis 4-1 home.

My players are always getting injuries and Soto has been injured for three times, Basinas and Tuncay twice. What should I do???

I will be signing Arenas (GK - Colombian - 17) in January and Halkias will be leaving for Reggina for a fee of €1.3M.

So, that is the whole story until now.

Any recommendations ???

THE DREAM SEASON OF PANATHINAIKOS AO (FM 2005) - PART ONE

"Call it impossible, say that it's a miracle but it's true!!! A total team spirit fighting it out all the way and beating all the odds to land Greece's first-ever European silverware in club competitions, Panathinaikos under the management of Ozgur Celtikci is shining. The team had tough times throughout the season but never gave up and after qualifying from the Group Stages as a Group winner with a record of 4:0:2 (Porto, Leverkusen, PAO, Rosenborg) the team always looked to improve.

Their first hunt was Celtic of Scotland. The game at Celtic Park turned out to be a memorable game for all Tryfili fans and the final score of 4-2 did not flatter PAO's dominance at all. The goals were products of brilliant and irresistable teamwork and especially Ezequiel Gonzalez proved the critics wrong after a 10/10 performance.

The return leg was another win for Celtikci's Greenmen, this time 2-1. Markus Munch and Michalis Konstantinou were on the scoresheet.

After PAO-Internazionale quarter final game was arranged, everybody in the Greek neighborhood called it "quite impossible" to overcome the Nerazzuri but Celtikci and his ambitious squad did not think so. A superb display at Leoforos indicated a walkover for Inter being bitterly defeated by 3-0.

The second leg of the quarter finals was a different and difficult game. An Adriano-inspired Inter found its way to a 2-0 lead on 9th minute and a 76th minute goal from Alvaro Recoba levelled the aggregate result at 3-3. But a one-two from Konstantinou and Bykowsky ended up with a Mihalaki finish and PAO was there, in the semi-finals.

It was the third time ever PAO played a semi-final at European stage and in 1971 they rose up to the final at Wembley to lose out to a fantastic Ajax side whereas in 1996 they were knocked out at the semi-stage by their bitter rivals Ajax again. Keeping this in mind PAO boss Celtikci stated in the pre-match press release before the semi final first leg at Leoforos that they do not want to make a mistake this time round.

A full house of 16600 supporters turned up to see their heroes take on the 1999 Champions League Winners Manchester United on April 27, 2005. Both teams came out with attacking formations and with a good deal of attacking spell, PAO could have easily gone up 2-0 by the thirtieth minute when first Tuncay and then Olivera failed to beat Howard from close-range. Man Utd had their chances too and best of them in the first half was a powerful header from Ruud van Nistelrooij which went over Arenas' bar with centimetres on first half stoppage time.

It was all Man Utd to everybody's frustration inside Leoforos after the break and Rooney missed a few golden chances to take his team into the lead. After changing things a bit, PAO found some momentum and a Markus Munch corner was headed in by young Colombian anchorman Freddy Guarin to send Leoforos into seventh heaven on 72'. Five minutes later it was the tiny Argentine Equi Gonzalez who was brought down in the area and Angelos Basinas dispatched a master's penalty to grab a well-deserved 2-0 lead. Just as everything looked home and dry, a silly error by Soto Kyrgiakos paved the way for van Nistelrooij to get United back into the tie: 2-1 on 83'. On 87' Ilias Kotsios came on to replace the injured Markus Munch and to everyone's surprise he got the crucial goal on 90+3 mins after a Basinas corner. The 3-1 win set Leoforos alight but Celtikci was keeping his guard in the post-match press conference by saying that: "We've come a long way and we don't want to spoil anything. We must not make any mistakes at Trafford. It will be a glamorous opportunity to improve the cordial relations between Turkey and Greece if we can get the ticket for the final as well."

A week later it was a 2-2 draw and there came the final. Two counter-attack goals from Tuncay was enough to undo a resilient Man Utd side."

:D :tup:

well i am not that impressed!

if u see/try my super system u will only loose a handfull of games max. per season

and away from home u can easy score 3-5 goals even against tough competition(cl semifinals-cl finals)

i have do some minor changes to the system so everytime fm manager try upon some hole i close them right away

THE DREAM SEASON OF PANATHINAIKOS AO (FM 2005) - PART TWO

"It was May 25, 2005. It was a rather short journey for both parties of the final at Ataturk Olympic Stadium, Istanbul. Panathinaikos, a team that shocked eveyone with their brilliant run were going to meet with the favourites for the final, AC Milan. It was a total sellout and 80586 fans took their seats for the 2005 Champions League Final.

The teams kicked the game off in a magnificent atmosphere. Until the first ten minute mark, it was a tight game with both teams keeping an eye on their defence. The first real chance fell to AC Milan when Tomasson tried a chip over Arenas which went agonizingly over for the Rossoneri. Panathinaikos showed a good response with a long range effort from Basinas and a powerful but inaccurate shot from Konstantinou.

But on 35', the grand final took its first twist. An unstoppable Cafu run shimmied through the Panathinaikos defence and instead of trying to take a shot from a narrow-angle, Cafu sent the ball out to Kaka who was just on the penalty spot. The Brazilian hit it first time and went for placement, Arenas had no chance: 0-1. Rossoneri had one more chance just before half time when a Seedorf through ball to Shevchenko was tackled in a last-ditch by Kyrgiakos.

Trying to change things a bit, Celtikci put on Deniz Baykara in the second half in place for the Romanian winger Lucian Sanmartean. The change proved well and a Baykara cross was tipped over by Dida after the ball met the head of Tuncay just before the six yard box.

It went on like a ping-pong game for a while. On 56' Collocini's header was cleared off the line by Vyntra and on 57' Konstantinou's 25-yard striker was tipped over by Dida. On 59' came a big blow for Panathinaikos when their Turkish star Tuncay was injured and had to be replaced by the Polish marksman Maciej Bykowski.

Rossoneri made two changes on 64' when Kaka and Tomasson were brought off to be replaced by Perrotta and Ferrarrio.

On 67', Panathinaikos signalled they were coming. Freddy Guarin tried a shot from outside the area but it was deflected to the path of Bykowski who scooped it over the bar. But on 69', the inevitable goal came...

Vyntra played a one-two with Baykara on the right side and ran till the byline. He trickered past Giuseppe Pancaro and moved inside. His cross was a perfect one and the ball went in between Collocini and Nesta and rose up Michalis Konstantinou to power in a strong header! Dida was helpless: 1-1.

With this goal, the quiet fans of Panathinaikos started cheering and chanting their team strongly. With the few flares that started to burn, one could easily feel himself at OAKA!

After the equalizer from Panathinaikos, AC Milan responded well and a long shot from Pirlo on 74' and a header from Shevchenko on 77' just went over Arenas' crossbar.

... Than the moment that changed Panathinaikos' history came out...

It was 80' minute and AC Milan were taking a throw in just inside Tryfilli half. Pancaro played it short to Seedorf and the Dutchman returned to Maldini... The veteran sent a hanging ball inside the PAO penalty area and the ball was headed clear by Kyrgiakos who climbed above Ferrarrio and it fell loose around the middle of PAO half. Maldini was undecided for a second and it was too late when he made his move to get to the ball. Equi Gonzalez played a first-time ball forward and it was ---guess who--- Maciej Bykowski who suddenly found himself with only Dida to beat. The Polish striker found the confidence and just as he was moving inside the Rossoneri penalty area, he released his shot. Dida tried his best and perhaps he got a wind of a touch on the ball but there it was: 2-1!!! The goal's celebration was unforgettable. Bykowski ran straight to the fans at the "Crescent-terrace" and smiles on the faces of players that followed were also worth of emphasis. Konstantinou jumped on to hug Bykowski and half time sub-off Sanmartean flew out of the bench for the goal celebrations! Celtikci was also ecstatic. He turned to the terraces and celebrated the goal with all the PAO fans in there.

But it was not over! Rossoneri kept coming since than and two good saves have to be performed by Arenas to hold tightly onto the lead. Equi Gonzalez did miss a golden opportunity after finding his way into the Rossoneri box in a counter attack where his effort hit the foot of Dida's post and went wide...

But after the final whistle on 90+2 minutes, it was all celebrations for the Greek side. They've successfully written a history here. Winning the first-ever silverware for Greek football in Club Competitions and also winning it in Istanbul and with a Turkish manager...

PAO also achieved a domestic double that season finishing the league six points in front of AEK, on 78 and also won the Domestic Cup by beating AEK 2-0 in the final with goals from Markus Munch (PK) and Stelios Kriticos."

Start of Second Season...

Pre-Season Camp in Pyreness at OTEL L'VALE and playing pre-season games with four Andorran teams and one Spanish team.

Players left: M. Sapanis > Xanthi, L. Sanmartean > free, D. Papadopoulos > Internazionale, A. Basinas > Palermo (€10.5)

Players joined: M. van Bommel < PSV (free), E. Barka < MGS (free), G. Schurrer < Olympiacos (free), Naldo < RSF (€1.4M), Fatih Tekke < Trabzonspor (free), Akin Serhat < Fenerbahce (free), Pedro Munitis < Racing Santander (free)

UEFA Super Cup Final --- CHELSEA 1:2 PANATHINAIKOS :tup:

Ethniki A' --- 14 WINS 1 DRAW AFTER 15 GAMES - 9 POINT LEAD OVER IRAKLIS

PAO-AEK: 1-0 (HT:0-0)

Olympiacos-PAO: 1-7 (HT: 1-5)

PAOK-PAO: 2-5 (HT: 2-2)

Champions League --- 5 WIN 1 DRAW IN GROUP B (Celtic - Valencia - Sporting)

Valencia-PAO: 2-3 (HT: 2-0)

PAO-Sporting: 2-0 (HT: 0-0)

PAO-Celtic: 5-0 (HT: 4-0)

Celtic-PAO: 2-2 (HT: 1-2)

PAO-Valencia: 2-0 (HT: 0-0)

Sporting-PAO: 1-4 (HT: 1-1)

World Club Championship --- 2 WINS

v Orlando Pirates: 3-0 (HT: 0-0) ---Semi Final---

v Once Caldas: 3-0 (HT: 1-0) ---Final---

... to meet AS Monaco in the 1/16 round in CL.

... eliminated AEK in the 1/32 round of Greek Cup (2-2 / 2-0)...

• 1 month later...

... to meet AS Monaco in the 1/16 round in CL.

the god-damn Principality surprisingly eliminated me... I suffered a huge loss at home (1-2) in a game I took the lead through Tuncay on 32'... Adebayor levelled three mins later and Omoya Braathen won it for Monaco on 86'...

the second leg in Monaco was a stalemate for a long period and on 73' came the goal that finished all PAO hopes... Chevanton's header was going wide but a misunderstanding between Naldo and Arenas left the ball sail free to the path of Oshadogan and the defender broke the Greek hearts with an easy tap-in...

the league title was easily poached but a surprise loss to PAOK in the Cup semi final resulted (2-2, 0-3) in a premature exit. On May 28, 2006 Panathinaikos headcoach Ozgur Celtikci resigned from his position. Here are some quotes from his press release...

I have been a part of one of the most eminent organisations of Europe for two full seasons and in terms of glories this period is undoubtedly the best Panathinaikos has ever experienced. But my time at this glamorous club is over now. I had one more year on my contract but I handed in my resignation to Mr Vardinogiannis on Friday. I wish all the very best for this club and leave it with a very heavy heart.

Celtikci left Panathinaikos with a bunch of titles including 2 Alpha Ethniki titles, 1 Greek Cup, 1 European Champions Cup, 1 European Super Cup and 1 World Club Cup in a stint of two seasons.

The real surprising news came four days after Celtikci's resignation... Having just cleared their debts and having reached a secure financial status, Greek Cup champions PAOK offered the Turkish manager a contract. After discussing terms with Mr Goumenos, the PAE PAOK chairman, Celtikci agreed to join the Thessaloniki club. Celtikci came to Toumba on June 6, 2006 and signed a contract expiring in June 2008. At 14:00 in local time came the first press release of Ozgur Celtikci...

GIANNIS GOUMENOS (PAE PAOK Chairman): Ladies and Gentlemen, as PAE PAOK Thessaloniki we have gone through some hard times for the last four or five seasons. We overcame our financial issues at last and as the Chairman of one of the greatest clubs in Greece, I am proud to announce that our new manager will be Ozgur Celtikci, one of the most competent managers to take part in Greek football.

(minimal applauds from press members...)

OZGUR CELTIKCI (PAE PAOK Manager): Ladies and gentlemen... The world of football carries some interesting figures in it. In ten days you can find yourself at some other club when everything seems right over there. But here I am, sitting next to a great sportsman first of all, Mr Goumenos and both parties are happy to have reached an agreement.

QUESTION FROM MEDIA: There are vicious rumours in the press that you'll be earning €4M per season from PAOK. Is it treu that you will cost PAOK such a price?

OZGUR CELTIKCI: I'm not in favour of talking about contractual matters but I have to say I will not earn as much as Jose Mourinho or as low as Ntousan Baievic. So, make a comparison and riggle new rumours if you like. (smiling) The only thing I can explain about my contract is that it will elapse two years from now on and that is that!

QUESTION FROM MEDIA: Some highly influential players left PAOK in this off-season already. What are your objectives in the short-term, say the first season.

OZGUR CELTIKCI: PAE PAOK has not won a League title since 1984 and I'm a man full of ambition whereever I go. (smiling) Better combine these two remarks as an answer.

The press release went on till 15:10 local time and afterwards Celtikci was presented to the fans at Toumba Stadium. Having just seen some crucial players such as Salpingidis and Benyarko Hagan leave, around 20,000 PAOK fans came to see their new hero...

---------------------------------------TO BE CONTINUED----------------------------------

---------------------------------------TO BE CONTINUED----------------------------------

After awaiting until July 1, PAOK started their pre-season training in Crete. After playing two friendlies with Lyttos Ergotelis (3-1) and AOAN (5-1), PAOK travelled to Serbia and Montenegro for the second part-of their pre-season on July 9. Here are PAOK's friendlies in Serbia:

PAOK-OFK Beograd: 2-1, July 11

PAOK-Zemun: 1-0, July 14

PAOK-Novi Sad: 3-1, July 16

PAOK-Partizan Beograd: 1-1, July 19

PAOK returned to Thessaloniki or "Selanik" as Celtikci calls on July 20 and went on their training in the club's own facilities.

Celtikci landed several players for PAOK during this period and he looked to bring over players that were listed or unhappy at his former club Panathinaikos. Celtikci secured the services of Deniz Baykara for €850,000, Sotiris Kyrgiakos for €1.9M and Stefanos Siontis for €230,000. After signing Mario Santana from Palermo for €1.5M, PAOK brought in a few free transfers: Fatih Sonkaya from Besiktas, IvicaIliev from Messina, Kleber from FC Basel and Dario Veron from Talleres de Cordoba. The last signing ofPAOK came on the last day of Greek transfer window as Shakhtar Donetsk goalkeeper Jan Lastuvka joined PAOK for €1.15M.

After completing the transfers the PAOK squad looked to be on this way...

-------------------------------T.Alves------------C.Pappas--------------------------------

----------Iliev----------------Siontis------------Zagorakis-----------------Santana------

-----------Kleber------------Veron-------------Kyrgiakos------------------Sonkaya-----

-------------------------------------Jan Lastuvka-------------------------------------------

PAOK started the season after eliminating Tampere of Finland from UEFA Cup in UEFA Cup Preliminary Round. A solid 3-0 win at home was secured by another win away, 3-1. As the league campaign kicked off, PAOK got started pretty well. The League looked like to be the closest for ages as after Day 10, there were an unbelievable number of six co-leaders with 18 points (OFI 5:3:2, PAOK 4:6:0, Kerkyra 5:3:2, Olympiakos 5:3:2, Proodeftiki 6:0:4 and Panathinaikos 6:0:4). PAOK, although playing more than quite well, couldn't manage to beat some relegation battling teams such as Larisa or Paniliakos because of lack of firepower up front. Having seen that Celtikci arranged some signings for the mid-season transfer window. John Carew, former Besiktas player agreed to join PAOK and also former sub-worker of Celtikci, Fatih Tekke has agreed to join PAOK.

PAOK's UEFA Cup Campaign rolled on pretty well. In the first round PAOK was seeded and was paired with Dutch club Alkmaar AZ. The game in Toumba was not a solid performance but thanks to poor finishing from AZ stiker Ali Alkhattabi, PAOK came on top with a 1-0 win thanks to a Siontis goal in 87 minutes. The second leg in Alkmaar was rather easy for PAOK as a great goal from Veron sealed a 2-1 win.

After the easy first round win, PAOKwas drawn in Group B of Uefa Cup Group Stages along with FC Basel, Esbjerg, Standard Liege and Maccabi Tel-Aviv. Emphatics away at Liege (5-1) and Esbjerg (7-1) were followed with a narrow win over Maccabi (1-0) and a draw with FC Basel (1-1) at home. PAOK qualified as the leaders and were drawn with Charlton Athletic in the third round.

The Greek Cup looked to be an easy hunt at first stages after eliminating Kalamata, Irodotos and Larisa respectively.

--- The Second Part of The Season To Be Continued ---

• 2 months later...

generaly argentinians perform very good at pao also in this game!

if u can get luiz gonzales from river plate(i think) he is a super attacking mid also try to get super striker from fc basel he is argentinian(can not remember his name)

finally u can with very much ease get agentinian defenders from italy and spain they always perform.

podolski is also very good and cheap and mauro rosalles of ajax also argentinian.

i agree absolutely!
do u have any idea how much these players are worth? rosalles and podolski are worth s%$#! loads... rosalles is tops tho... excellent player....

• 2 months later...

It seems I haven't sent you anything worthwhile for ages, but after the successes at Panathinaikos, I simply overachieved with PAOK.

Three seasons...

2006-07 UEFA Cup, Greek League

2007-08 Champions League, Greek League, Greek Cup

2008-09 Super Cup, Champions League, Greek League, GreekCup

P L U S . . .

EURO 2008 with TURKEY...

• 2 months later...

well...

2009/10 Season... PAOK > 3rd consecutive CL title & the Greek League

2009... Turkey > CONFEDERATIONS CUP beating BRAZIL 1-0 in the Final

2010... Turkey > WORLD CUP beating COLOMBIA 4-1 in the Final and also beating NETHERLANDS (4-3), ITALY (3-1) and MEXICO (2-1) along the way...

I lost out to third division Doxa Ntrama in the cup (1-2/0-0) and won the WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP beating Boca 4-0 in the final...

I won 2009 and 2010 SUPER CUPs beating FC Bayern and Dortmund respectively 3-0 and 3-0...

PAOK is the 1st team in terms of coefficients in UEFA Rankings with a point of 114.365...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived