Phantis Forums

Lena at Wimbledon 2005

Ziaka

Wimbledon champion is optimistic, but I just saw a match she played against No.7 seed Henin-Hardenne (french open champion this year, one of the favourites) which Eleni won 7-6 2-6 7-5. She played quality, and showed that the olympics (during injury) was no fluke. Because she has knocked out such a big seed, she will have an easy run until the quarters.

Greece have never been to good at Tennis, but with all seriousness and no bias, we have a now a real contender for the biggest championship in Tennis.

Next Eleni plays either Klara Koukalova of Czech Rep, or Laura Granville of the USA, Both unseeded.

Wimbledon in greek hands?

ELENI!!! BORIES, BORIES NA BOKRIFIES!!!!

So, eleni beats a player four ranks above her. I didnt see the match, but 6-2 6-0 speaks for itself, awesome play Elena!!! The game at one pooint was 2-2 but Elena won 10 games in a row!!! From 200/1 she is now 50/1.

Eleni will now meet Flavia Pennetta of Italy who is SEEDED 26. She is fairly highly seeded but her highest ever place in a grand slam was 3rd round. The way the greek is playing, this should be a walkover, but im jinxing her, so this should be a fairly hard match :rolleyes: .

Lena is probably our best individual athlete so far.. She plays in a game like Tennis with huge world-wide coverage, difficult sport with loads of fans...

She had a massive win against Justine (who in my opinion is currentlty the greatest tennis player along with Mauresmo and Davenport), and she has also beat Granville yesterday...

I think the win over Justine was her biggest win in her entire career!!!! Let us wish all the best to our Lena, because she clearly deserves it!!!

She makes us proud to a really great sport!!!! :tup: :tup:

P.S. The game against the Italian will be quite hard... I hope she can pull it through....

I had really high hopes for Eleni going to the latter rounds of Wimbledon, instead she has been beaten by Flavio Pennetta 6-4 6-3. Oh dear. Ah well, maybe next year.

God has been raining gifts to the greeks this past year from heaven, maybe this was one raindrop to far.

Well done for beating the favourite though Eleni, bravo!

:gr: :gr: :gr:

Archived