Phantis Forums

our roster for the new season

CH-Thrylos

You still have a lot of work to do, and above all a lot of work bythe coach when the roster will be full.

Greek BBall needs Olympiakos back at their best (honest best... not poisoned water issues... :D ) because a one horse race is never good, and AEK is a second that just mussle our way through almost equal competition....

Olympiakos have the chance to build something serious from scratch and that can make them look good fast with little money. But for depth you will need time

Lets see...

i agree completely with you. now it is also official that zukauskas signed with us. it is a good start in the signings of foreign players. he is experienced and should be able to help us.

our team really has the chance to be built from the start again and i hope that it wont be destroyed again after the end of the season. imo one reason pao is playing well, is that the most of the players are together for some seasons now. they know each others style, movements, etc. our team was rebuilt every season, most of the times also with a new coach. we need to give the team the time to know each other. and with the correct additions there could be a chance that they will play better next season.

• 5 weeks later...

8a anoiksw souvlatzidiko eksw apo to SEF na ta 'konomhsw re!!! :tup:

Some call him "Baby Shaq", I call him "Baby Jubba The Hutt" :D

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

surely not a bad signing, but i will stop you from opening that souvlatzidiko. he really has to lose some weight.

I do not want to sound negative, but I do not think that with those- good -Greek players only you will be much better. Your bad performance in the latest years was not because you did not have good Greek players. In fact you had great players in Liadeli, Harisi, Diamantopoulo, but these, like all the players you got so far cannot change things radically. Dikoudis can make the difference in my opinion. Can you get him?

And finally, the coach can make the diference. If you let him build up the team and not kick him after he is 4th in the Greek championship-which is the most likelly, you are going well.

as far as i know they are after dikoudis but i dont know how far we are and if we finally get him. but i to agree with you. we really have to keep a coach longer than in the past so that he can pass his tactics etc to the team. also the core of the team has to stay the same. if we change them every season they will never learn each others moves so that they can play well together. i mean (maybe a bit exagerated, but...) look at stockton and malone, they played one of the most simple moves in bball and the played it to perfection. they could have played like that in their sleep.

but i think we are on a good way and if we keep both, the coach and the players, it could be that we will compete for one of the top spots again, maybe not championship, but for sure something in between 2-4.

seems as if we got ntikoudis for the next two years :tup:

for me our roster looks very good. not only that we got a lot of very good and young players, but they are also greek! hopefully these bad years are really over.

I dare to say that if you do that you will be able to challenge the championship. Not because you will be that good, but because in Oly-Pana derbies everything can happen if the quality distance is not huge like the latest years.

:D i really hope so. it is time that these derbies come back to life again and bring the fans back in the stadiums. i think greek basketball needs more than just one good team and like the guy in almamatters post in the football section said, it would be nice to wait for some good bball action on the weekends.

finally we are getting back to basketball.good moves so far and maybe we can chalenge pao this year.let s not forget what gave us happines before we got great at soccer.

another two players have been officially announced today. tyus edney and panagiotis vasilopoulos. since i wasnt following basketball that close the last years, i cant say anything about vasilopoulos. the papers say though that he is one of the bigger talents in greek basketball. about edney i dont know how well he is playing now, but as far as i remember, he was one of the reasons osfp didnt qualify for the final in the final four of munich.

i think our team will be much stronger than last year. now we have to see how the season will develop and where we are going to finish.

up to now there hasnt been any confirmation about getting him. i just know that we are after him. but if we will get him is another question. he still has a contract with moskow think and i dont know if they will let him go.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived