Phantis Forums

Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)

slick13

I think the guy is weird but Tzatziki summed up this recent Samaras-Mitroglou discussion quite well. 

Cheers buddy, your line that I quoted was quite amusing i must say  :tup:

• Like it 1

You are all a bunch of weirdos. GrCKdklngnaog whatever the fuq his name is is telling the truth. Samaras was in fact a key factor for Greece. Scored Key Goals , was giving breath to our defence by keeping the ball away from them etc. Of course when you do 150

Edited by Rockafeller Skank
  • Like it 2

Didn't he play a similar great pass for Ioannis Amanatidis to score the winning goal in Konstandinoupoli against Turkey which also confirmed qualification for Euro 2008.

Samaras lifted in the big matches against Russia at Euro 2012 & Ivory Coast at Brazil 2014 WC where Greece weren't given much of a chance by the world football media going into both matches needing a win to make it to the knockout stage.

Guy is still 31. If Fernando Torres is still playing he can play as well. Not on the Winger/Left MF position, but maybe can contribute as a striker. Who knows really.

If he surpasses his fitness levels (I read somewhere in this topic someone mentioning that he is currently 100% fit and healthy) and joins back to a European team, who knows ? He is just 1,5 year older than Sokratis. But I havetn seen you mumble about Sokratis age. He became injured once in his whole career. I have seen you guys licking Kyriakos Papadopoulos a**hole like he is the Thiago Silva

mr. skank, again, i will say you are very late to the party on this. you were not around for the debate, which WAS NOT about what samaras had offered greece or how important he was to greece, prior to 2014 and going into the fall of 2014 with ranieri. this is the poster twisting the argument in that direction. 

the debate was about samaras' fitness and professionalism. 

it is amazing that this is even an issue, considering samaras' career fell into the toilet from the summer of 2014 until now, 2016. this is exactly what was argued and debated in the summer of 2014 on another forum. this is what was feared and it came true - both samaras and greece 2014-2016 turned into a shipwreck. there is no argument or debate.

as far as the rest, you need to address each issue with each individual poster. kpaps and sokratis..etc. if a poster says kpaps can play any position, you need to address that specific poster on that and not throw this into this into your general argument, which was never my argument.

if taxman says that kone and karnezis had better professional club careers, then you need to address him on that. not lump those that questioned samaras' fitness and professionalism in 2014 in with this, like the fanboy did. that is deplorable posting. rather desperate, for sure.

mr. aek my post was not meant for 1 person , im not interested on searcing the last 15 post pages of your argument, in which 5-6 members took part, to find the specific comments. Im not old enough to waste my time like that.

Whoever reads something that can be an answer to a previous comment of theirs can be offended, and can be sure that my post is including them.

mr. skank, again, i will say you are very late to the party on this. you were not around for the debate, which WAS NOT about what samaras had offered greece or how important he was to greece, prior to 2014 and going into the fall of 2014 with ranieri. this is the poster twisting the argument in that direction. 

the debate was about samaras' fitness and professionalism. 

it is amazing that this is even an issue, considering samaras' career fell into the toilet from the summer of 2014 until now, 2016. this is exactly what was argued and debated in the summer of 2014 on another forum. this is what was feared and it came true - both samaras and greece 2014-2016 turned into a shipwreck. there is no argument or debate.

as far as the rest, you need to address each issue with each individual poster. kpaps and sokratis..etc. if a poster says kpaps can play any position, you need to address that specific poster on that and not throw this into this into your general argument, which was never my argument.

if taxman says that kone and karnezis had better professional club careers, then you need to address him on that. not lump those that questioned samaras' fitness and professionalism in 2014 in with this, like the fanboy did. that is deplorable posting. rather desperate, for sure.

mr. aek my post was not meant for 1 person , im not interested on searcing the last 15 post pages of your argument, in which 5-6 members took part, to find the specific comments. Im not old enough to waste my time like that.

Whoever reads something that can be an answer to a previous comment of theirs can be offended, and can be sure that my post is including them.

If only he bench pressed 350 kg 

No one is saying that, you're being facetious. If he would have worked harder at his physical conditioning, at the bare minimum he would have found himself a better club than a 2nd tier US team, and perhaps even been at a higher level in his prime. We could be wrong about this, but all the posters here are saying is that it looks to us (from the outside) that he was on the laxer side of maintaining a high fitness/strength level in his career. Again, we could be wrong, it's just an impression here that many have.

• Like it 2

• Argy changed the title to Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)
  • Argy locked this topic