Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos Hall of Fame

Evergreen

I can't believe you put the bastard gay in the top players list. He is a son of bitch, he will have a nice greeting at Leoforos, not at the point where this greeting should be, but anyway...and he will never again set foot on anything having to do with Panathinaikos.

In our history, there were at least five gk's much better than this jerk.

One player that elder say he was fantastic and should have a special portait here: Haris Grammos!

I have watched the Wembley final and was really amazed by this player. Those who have seen the cd, might agree with me. My father has talked to me about the famous wings of Greek NT in the late 60's. Left winger was Botinos, an Oly legend, and right winger was  Grammos. They were doing exceptional job, from what I've heard.

And there was another older friend from the GWF forum who had told me once: "Grammos? Take Seitaridis x10 in quality!" B)

Perhaps I am losing something here... From what I recall he went to oly for the money - he is a professional athlete - but apart from some stupid referee comments and his melos crap to seem good to gauroi, he did not say something specifically provocative and desrespectful for us. If I am loosing anything, let me know. But please understand that some things in our team suck in respect to recognition of players....even Warchycha :nw: was pissed and did not celebrate the championship last year....What about Libero(anagastike kai pige se mia dialumeni oikonomika omada-no offence to AEK- tin epohi pou itan o kaluteros mas epithetikos!!giati den thelame na tou dosome dio fraga prapano..Den ta goustaro auta kai min sas pithoun ta kavouria...)

I totally understand some people's short-run reaction:give him a nice welcome!!, but the hall of fame is a long-run thing: O Domazos :nw: :nw: :nw: pige stin AEK meta apo 17 hronia...

kai tote o athlitismos den itan epagelmatikos.

Note: I am not suggesting him to be the next in the hall. I just want your opinions (especially evergreen's who runs this) because there seem to be a small injustice for me.....

OK, first of all, no injustice from me to you. Just talking. <_<

Secondly, I think I'm the one who's missing a point here :LOL:

When talking about hall of fame, we also talk about leadership...personality...carriage...

All those years, when he was the captain of the team, have you seen him doing anything to justify that honour and prove his leadership????

I do not only mean referee complaints, but the bastard never faced up in the light to make a statement in difficult moments for the team. Maybe, you rememeber similar cases in Oly or AEK where the captains were putting themselves in the first line when something difficult occured. The grey-haired whore ???? I ll tell you what he did...he went to some sad fans, after the humiliating 1-4 in Leoforos (I may mistake him with Goumas, if yes, he did the same thing in other game I don't recall), and he told them "If you don't like what you see...then don't come again"...

Ti les re vromiari, esy tha mou peis an tha ksanarthw? :angry: :angry:

Where was the "sorry" for the m*****es you did?

Something else...I have been saying it for 3 years now. IMO, Panathinaikos defenders and the whore gk were overestimated. Never admired Vokolos nor Goumas, Seitaridis never performed consistently, Fyssas well ok...sucked...Kyriakos has potential, but I see him making silly mistakes...My whole point is that all thse guys went up and up 'coz the had a world-class player teaching and guiding them (talking about Henriksen).

So, we had gk's much better than the bastard...I can name you at least five. Can you name at least five Defenders at the class of Rene? Who should be in the HoF from this team then? B)

As for Lyberopoulos, there are things most people don't know. Clearly overestimated, IMO ofcourse, he was making trouble inside the team, had formed "alliance" (Souza's statement about "Greek Mafia" :D ) who harmed the team spirit and was trying to put his buddies in the starting line-up and many more. This is no Kavour/nnis brainwash, it's the truth I just happen to know. I guess he should be grateful to the owners who paid him nearly 6 mil Euro for two good seasons...Fortunately, Papadopoulos proves to be much better.

ps: Evergreen I think Rene definitely deserves a place ih HoF B)

• 3 weeks later...

It is something unbeliveable to read such a thing about a Polish player :P I'm very proud that Warzycha is a Pole and he bacame one of the most valiuable players in the history of your club :tup: Before he was playing in Ruch Chorzow :P but it's less important

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Malekos should be in the hall of fame!!! He was the best player for the greens for the little time he played... You love him Pappou...

:LOL:

You've got a sence of humour Bides!!!

To be fair and honest though, Malekos was at PAO's worst time at the club the season we finished 5th. I reme him in the 2nd half of the season as the only player trying as I also reme the game vs Olypiakos we lost 2-0 he looked like the only one who cared. It's a shame he was not kept because Vardinogiannis didn't want to be separted from his money.

• 8 months later...
Guest postadelgufo

I'm an italian writer.

I would write an article about the "epic of Wembley", buta I need some informations I couldn't find in my archive.

What does it means "O Psileas", the nickname of Antonis Antoniadis ?

There were other nicknames for the Pao's players at the time ? I know that Mimis Domazos had the nickname "O stratigos" but no more about Kamaras, Ikonomopoulos and so on ..

Someone could help me ?

Do you have some photos of the match against Crvena Zvezda (Red Star) that would you share with me ?

You know some quote of the Pao's players or Ferenc Puskas the trainer about the most important european matches in this season ?

Thank you

If you want my e-mail is [email protected]

Francesco Parigi

L'altrocalcio

• 9 months later...
Guest kinezos

Posted Image

Juan Ramon Rocha "O Indianos"

A great footballer who had skill, vision and served the club for a very long time. He first came as a naturalised Greek know as "Boublis". He is defiantely one of the best players in PAO's histroy as older fans would remember. He was born on the 08/05/54 where he began his career at Newell's Old Boys. PAO singed him during the summer of 1979 from Barakilla of Argentina and played until the spring of 1989. He was also coach of PAO's semi final run in the Champions League in the '95-'96 season.

years at club : 10

league games: 227

league goals: 13

cup goals : 3

games in europe: 15

goals in europe: 2

games with Argentine NT: 12

goals w/ NT: 0

leagues: 2

cups:5

Posted Image

Antonis Antoniadis - "O Psileas"

His name is synonomous with the word "goal". Is the cubs 2nd all time scorer behind Krystof Warzycha. In his career he averaged .77 goals per game which is a recored by it self in Greece. He was born on the 25/03/46 in Xanthi/ Thrace and was top scorer in Greece in 6 seasons. in 1972 he scored 39 goals only second to the great Guert Muller(41) of West Germany winning the European silver boot. He was for many years a lethal scorer and was known together with Domazos as "Psilos kai kontos " of Greek football. He won 4 leagues and 2 Greek cups but peaked when he reached the Chmapions Cup final in 1971 against the mighty Ajax of Cruyff. He scored 10 of PAO's 14 goals in that campaign. he left PAO in the summer in the summer of 1978 for Olympiakos , only to return 6 months later, to finish his career with the one true club he truly loved.

years at club : 11

league games: 228

league goals: 180

cup goals : 23

games in europe: 22

goals in europe: 16

games with NT: 21

goals w/ NT: 6

leagues: 4

cups: 2

Posted Image

Stratos Apostolakis "To Turbo" 1990 -1998

His signing from Olympiakos in the summer of '89 almost caused a "civil war" between the country. The Greek super cup was postponed to avoid the worse. As a footballer though he played his best years for PAO being one of the key players behind PAO's European runs in '92 and '96. He also played for the world 11 on 3 separate occasions. He coached PAO for 6 months in 2001.

years at club : 9

league games: 250

league goals: 21

cup goals : 2

games in europe: 46

goals in europe: -

games with NT: 96

goals w/ NT: 5

leagues: 3

cups: 4

Sorry but i must make a remark, that Juan Ramon Rocha came to Panathinaikos as a player(and captain) of Argentine team Boca Juniors and not Barranquilla Juniors of Colombia. He played in Colombia for 6 months and then went to play for BOca Juniors for one year with 31 participations.From Boca Juniors he transfered to Panathinaikos

• 3 months later...

Archived