Phantis Forums

Round 7: OFI - PAOK

Ziaka

On Sunday, October 19, PAOK travels to Iraklio to meet OFI. Coming of a winning result in the UEFA Cup, PAOK needs to focus on the game with OFI and go for the win in order to get some points back that were lost at Toumba (Xanthi, Proodevtiki). This is not an easy game, but I think PAOK can come out of Crete with a win or a tie. My prediction 1-1.

Let's hope! so very hard in crete we have a bad recored there we won last year but to do it back to back it's hard.

What's the story with PAOK playing after OSFP meaning we play whoever the gavroi played the following week this happened a few years ago also. One gavro said that they are softing the teams up so paok can beat them, I think it's the other way round teams don't care about the Gavroi and try hard to beat paok as they see us this year as a weaker team, which player wise we are, but I would rather the leauge be set random making it a fair League, but I forget at times this is the Greek league and what the Athens clubs whant the Athens clubs get.

1-1 this week I hope

Us playing teams after Olympiakos plays them has to do with the seeding number PAOK got during the championship draw. Now that is supposed to be a purely luck of the draw, but people wonder.

James you say that Olympiakos softens the teams for us, but many PAOKtzides have other opinions on the matter. Many think that this makes it harder for PAOK, since teams that will play Olympiakos and the officiating favors the team form Piraeus will receive favorable treatment in their next game. Perfect example is the game with Xanthi. Week before Xanthi was beaten by Olympiakos with some questionable calls by the ref. Then, when Xanthi played at Toumba, the ref refused to call a clear penalty for PAOK.

Week before Xanthi was beaten by Olympiakos with some questionable calls by the ref. Then, when Xanthi played at Toumba, the ref refused to call a clear penalty for PAOK.

Hmm, does this means that now is turn of PAOK to receive a favor? I hope not.

As for the game I think that we will beat you guys. The team is rested, most of the team is healthy (only Pitsos and Adamos are injured), and I hope well prepared.

I predict (wish) a 3-1 win for us.

Hmm, does this means that now is turn of PAOK to receive a favor? I hope not.

I don't think so, but you never know in Elladistan.

Should be a good game in my opinion. I see it ending in a tie. My predition is 1-1, with Salpiggidis scoring for PAOK. He had good games last season in Iraklio for PAOK. We should be able to see the game live on TV Sunday as ERT is showing the game in Greece, and will most likley also show it on ERT-Sat.

PAOK played very good game against the "Snakes", but paid a heavy price for the win. Three of our best players were seriously injured as a result of never ending fouls by OFI players. Spasic, Ekgomitis and Markos were injured within a span of 10 minutes. In none of the situation did the referee show any cards. I understand it was this referee's first A' Division game, and I hope it was also his last.

All three injured players will miss big portions of the season. The worst case is Markos, who will most likely lose the whole season.

From now on it will be very difficult for PAOK as these players are irreplaceable. Specially now that we will play two games each week for A' Division, Greek Cup and UEFA Cup, inlcuding big games against Iraklis, AEK and Panathinaikos.

I guess this will be a chance for our young players to get some experience.

Good luck PAOK. It will be needed.

Posted Image

Archived